Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

wow i never thought about emp disabling lock-on, thats amazing!

I take UAV AND counter UAV. Because I dont care about my K/D at all they seem like good ones to take for the team, as they benefit everyone.

In answer to an earlier question, C4 can be quite creative. Stick it to the riot shield of a friend then send him into an enemy base, stick it on care packages, block entire streets etc. Very handy.

I had an epic moment on Scrapyard just now with claymores. You know the corner of the map where all the oil tanks are, including the big one that is on fire? Between the big warehouse and the one with the fork lift truck inside.

257luoi.png

I like to put a claymore in that narrow corridor where the fire is, people barrel through that without looking and it gets lots of kills. Anyway, I drop it in there (where the big red dot is) and double back on myself to head into the very corner of the map. I have no idea how we missed each other, but some guy was coming the other way, he ran right past me and into my trap. Click. Boom. +100. Just as I am smiling to myself, I run into his claymore which is where I put the blue dot on my picture. The killcam was great. I hope his was as fun to watch as mine. :lol:

Not only is that an awesome story, its an awesome map! where is that from? Could do with learning these place names

C4 doesn't stick to riot shields, I tried. :(

Or maybe it does in 1.0.6, doubt it though.

C4 on a base in domination or a bomb site in whatever can be very good though. Still prefer claymores though, with Danger Close I've been getting a LOT of double kills with them, it's ace.

It's very powerful simply because it cant be countered, the loss of your UAV and the haze effect applied to the screen can really fuck people up. Not even knowing where your own team are makes everyone far more vunerable. Didn't think about it disabling Stingers though, that's pretty awesome. :D

The first time it happened in a game I thought my xbox was RRoDing. When I realised I was all :facepalm::lol:

Just finished playing with Pink Ninja, sutom, wakeup etc on a 18 player 3rd person team tactical server. Was great fun, don't see why they don't have that as a normal playlist.

They should make a playlist made up of user-created games, with user-specified rules and gametypes, some of them are way too fun. It's a shame you have to do a glitch to play them with randoms.

Correct, which isn't ideal, however you can select the class you're already using to refresh your ammo and reload your gun, which is where it shines. I tried it on my sniper as lots of Intervention ammo and claymore would be nice but I can't afford to lose Sleight of Hand Pro.

Just had a couple of epic rounds, 30-6 and 31-6. :blink:

Must be something in the air today, Villa win at Old Trafford for the first time in three hundred years, and I have games with a 5:1 K/D.

I have been in the same lobby for maybe 10 rounds too. For two or three of them there were two lads running around together with riot shields. Double riot shield crew! Never did find out what their reasons for doing so were, but riot shields are fucking annoying when you are playing with a submachine gun. They always end up getting right in your face, you will definitely have the speed advantage and they offer very little threat as they are not a one hit melee kill, but boy is it a game trying to get behind them when two of the bastards are together. (edit: Actually, on reflection I dont think they are annoying at all. I really enjoyed the battle of wits when it was two riot shields against one SMG. Quite why one of the guys didnt whip out his secondary and kill me though, I have no idea.)

I never knew a Riot Shield could block a claymore either. These fuckers must have nullified three or four of mine.

Must be something in the air today, Villa win at Old Trafford for the first time in three hundred years, and I have games with a 5:1 K/D.

Match of the day spoilers. >:(

(I must be one of only few who like to hide under a rock and watch it without knowing any of the scores.)

This game is a fucking mess tonight, it can't even handle XBL parties right now, keeps kicking people randomly, was getting constant random disconnects from games and loads of failed host migrations. In fact, the bugged lobbies seemed to be the only fucking thing that worked properly.

This game is a fucking mess tonight, it can't even handle XBL parties right now, keeps kicking people randomly, was getting constant random disconnects from games and loads of failed host migrations. In fact, the bugged lobbies seemed to be the only fucking thing that worked properly.

Same thing happening to us, had about 6 of us playing and took about 20 tries to get us all into games and when it finally did, we ended up in one of the private match setups so left and had to try again. Ended up in one of the private matches again later on and found them incredibly dull, didnt help that it was Afgan and the other team just kept rolling in the choppers until someone finally set a nuke off. So between just about getting a party into a game and the boring private matches, the games werent so good tonight.

It seemed like every few games i'd end up in a private game too - so another patch coming no doubt, probably take 2 weeks to fix again though.

Just had a couple more matches before I hit the sack. Man I love those UMP 45's. If Rust comes in the match rotation, I am almost guaranteed 30 kills. Just had a game there, some fucker got an EMP out of a care package towards the end. I couldnt even call in my air support before the game ended. :lol:

(Oh, and by the way, does anybody still use their Night Vision Goggles?)

Used the lobby glitch earlier tonight, not to rank up, but to play maps and gametypes the way I wanted to play them. The game is so much more fun when you have connection host too. Absolutely no BS deaths. Video guide on how to do it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onoEPahcX8Y...player_embedded

If you did want to boost, then Search and Destroy (500 points per kill) with unlimited lives and no respawn delay for 30 minutes with unlimited kills is likely to be the smartest choice.

It's very powerful simply because it cant be countered, the loss of your UAV and the haze effect applied to the screen can really fuck people up. Not even knowing where your own team are makes everyone far more vunerable. Didn't think about it disabling Stingers though, that's pretty awesome. :D

I also discovered the other day that it can disable the tactical nuke from activating. How pissed would you be if that was your nuke cancelled by some lucky guy who got it in a care package and used it during the 10 second nuke countdown?

It doesn't quite work that way. You can't call a nuke while EMP is active but using an EMP during the nuke countdown has no effect.

Speaking of which, I called my first tactical nuke today. Barely worth the effort, all told. My team was losing in Domination too, and by a considerable margin at that so I just felt like a bit of an arse. The sheer number of people oh so cautiously trying to get those first seven kills to open up the streak can make some games enormously dull.

That is one of those things that I think makes MW2 less good than MW1- on Demolition, for example, I'll have people racking up 33-3 scores, and stil lletting a bomber through and losing us the match. I'm the only guy who seems to dragh the bomb to the enemy base, and even then no-one but me tries to plant it.

It's becoming Call Of Killstreak: Modern AC130 2.

This game is now Call of Lobby Glitch: Modern Rust 2. Seriously, every other game tonight has been Domination or Free for All on Rust with 18 players. Quite fun though :P

It has had the side effect of making pretty much every playlist 18 player too.

Tonight I broke the game.

I got a nuke, and I died, and I thought "fuck it, I'll see if I can get another", since the game still had some time to go.

So I tried. And I did it. Kept going for a bit, died again so decided to call one in. See if I could call both in for lulz.

But it was not to be.

10936_201303373642_515818642_2913205_595

:(