Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Yeah it is because flares don't effect it, I believe. On the minus side it takes a couple of seconds to fire and you only get one rocket. Also I think it misses sometimes. I haven't used the ant-air enough to be honest.

I thought so. I have one dedicated AA class (scavenger pro, cold blooded pro, ninja pro) so I will keep the Javelin in there. The one rocket thing isnt an issue because Scavenger pro just replaces rockets as soon as you fire them. Ill keep it for a while I think. Might have some jollies with the glitch if I end up on Rust too. :eyebrows:

Are you Uzi? :lol:

:eyebrows:

I use steady aim, not commando!

I haven't used the Aug much, but I prefer the RPD as I use it for the HUUGE clip and perfer iron sight thus not needing bling. The AUG is more like an assault rifle- in which case, I'd use the ACR!

I was using Steady Aim on it yesterday. :lol: Whilst playing in games with Uzion, I thought he had used the Copycat deathstreak on me! Steady Aim is a good alternative, but the pro perk for Commando can come in just too useful.

Spent a little time shooting at nice clean walls from different distances with the ACR tonight and there is very little bullet spread at any range, even with quite sustained bursts. Which is nice.

Yup, I don't know why anyone would choose the SCAR over the ACR, bigger mags, almost no recoil and a better ironsight. Only it's slightly slower reload counts against it. Still prefer my M16 though.

Also, got killed just as I sent in a Harrier - the Harrier went crazy and notched up 7 kills (they're awesome, Harriers) but I got no streak for it, was it like that in CoD4 and I've just never noticed it before?

Lag wont affect stinger to air support, as it locks on. A lot of air support will have flares to dump when a rocket is fired at it (everything except UAV and Harriers?) and some vehicles like the Pavelow have two flares. It was probably that. If you are saying there that your team claim they fired five rockets at the same helicopter and none of you hit it then I havent got a clue. I would probably question the peoples claims that they shot and missed rather than some crazy game mechanic that doesnt appear to exist for the rest of us.

Just had an extremely successful FFA round too. Joined a game in progress, five minutes or so to go. The guy winning had 400 points when I joined. And I won! :blink: What makes it more incredible is that I was 0-4 and on a death streak before I got my first kill, then somehow I managed to get a killstreak of ten with my AUG. Well, I got to five, was thinking about dropping the predator and unlocked the harriers before I had chance to find a safe place, so I just sent the harriers out quickly and got up to 10 and some git shot me in the back (I seem to die on 6 and 10 kills a lot. I dont know whether I notice it more because its annoying to be killed so close to a streak, or if my playstyle changes when I am so close to a streak that I become tense and fuck up.)

Anyway, the Harrier killed loads of people, but because I had summoned it before I died the killstreak doesnt count towards unlocking new rewards. Still had my predator though, nailed somebody with that when the Harrier went. I think I finished something incredible like 23-5, which is awesome considering that i) I am shit, ii) I joined the game four or five minutes in and iii) at one point I was 0-4. Bit disappointed I didnt get any kind of title for my super rare moment of awesomeness though.

Question:

Is it possible to 'destroy' the flare that signals a care package? Seemed to happen last night to us, by accident granted, but my flare disappeared after an enemies graenade landed on the 'drop site' and by the time the blast had gone, the flare had gone and no package turned up.

Yup, I don't know why anyone would choose the SCAR over the ACR

They're both great, here's why:

SCAR damage - 40-30, kills in 2-3 shots (with SP)

ACR damage - 30-20, kills in 3-4 shots (with SP)

ACR pips the SCAR for fire rate, accuracy etc but it's a close run thing. The SCAR's small clip prevents it being overpowered. They're both great.

I'd say this:

Close range - SCAR

Medium - Equal

Long - ACR

Obviously they're both more than capable at any range, though. All the assault rifles are.

Edit - hang on, better iron sight?! Madness. The SCAR iron sight is a thing of beauty.

That's why I take the silencer. Along with all the other benefits, it also means you can much more afford to reload after every kill or two. Also it seems to reduce recoil although it may just be my imagination.

Editwars - I order you to try it again with a silencer attachment only.

Yep, vehicles and locations (just point at ground to lock on). I've found Javelins great for helicopters but not very good for taking down enemies on the ground because it just takes too long to fire and people tend to have moved on by then. It also makes a very distinctive noise, giving everyone a warning that a Javelin has been fired. Powerful but not that useful. I went back to using the Stinger instead.

the key is to fire on anticipated flashpoints. I got 5 kills with one javelin once by firing on the approach to B on a domination game. Objective game allow you to anticipate the flow of combat and javelins are great for that

I came second in an FFA game earlier where the guy who won did so because I had both a harrier and a sentry gun pinched off me, and got killed numerous times by both. Mainly got killed by the harrier whilst trying to get my flipping sentry gun back. I can only assume the person in question was laughing their socks of, as I swore excessively.

Care packages are something I dont really use, but they can be awesome in FFA games. Everybody seems to run for them for some reason. If you get one you will probably get more kills by using it as bait to pick off the people who come sprinting for it than you will from the package itself.

That's why I take the silencer. Along with all the other benefits, it also means you can much more afford to reload after every kill or two. Also it seems to reduce recoil although it may just be my imagination.

Editwars - I order you to try it again with a silencer attachment only.

Sir, Yes Sir. No wait, I used the hell out the SCAR (well, unlocked up to FMJ at any rate), mainly with the silencer too. It's an absolute beast at short range but I'm a creeping around the edge of a map, medium to long range sort of a chap. If nothing else I'll always win the 'most crouched' award in a round - the award for that really should include a graphic of a nacho, little bit elliptical, not really sure where I'm going with that, where was I? Ah, yes - the SCAR, it just does my head in.

I just started using that machine pistol which fires a burst of three rounds. I cant think what it's called, but its the one with the complicated looking shoulder rest. Its fantastic, isnt it? It could be worth using as a primary weapon it's so good. When I finally get around to taking a Sniper Rife out, this will almost certainly be my sidearm.

I just started using that machine pistol which fires a burst of three rounds. I cant think what it's called, but its the one with the complicated looking shoulder rest. Its fantastic, isnt it? It could be worth using as a primary weapon it's so good. When I finally get around to taking a Sniper Rife out, this will almost certainly be my sidearm.

Raffica. :wub: I use it with all my assault rifle classes.

Add a silencer and it's just perfect for sneaky kills, although without a silencer it kills in a single burst at mid-distance and it's bloody accurate too - I head-shotted a guy across the map on Rundown the other day.

Sneaking around with Cold-blooded, Ninja and a Silenced gun on Underpass is great. I was owning the end of the map with the warehouses, long grass and trailers last night. People kept coming to avenge themselves, only to catch another Raffica or SCAR burst in the back because I'd switched to a different spot nearby.

It does neither. It puts you into a version of last stand when you get killed (you can use your main gun though) and if you survive for a period of time (ten seconds or so?) then you will get back up. Like Last Stand, you dont get it if you are killed by an explosive or a headshot.

so they still have 100% of the normal health then rather than +5% or 10%?

I'm just wondering because I'm not getting one shot torso kills using the Intervention with Stopping power against them (not sure if they're all using one of the two perks)

I mean, when I get an emergency airdrop, I want to know what symbols appear over the crates so I know which ones to open. Is that them?

Yes.

Top to bottom, left to right:

AC 130

UAV

Care Package

Counter UAV

Sentry Gun

Predator Missile

Precision Airstrike

Harrier Strike

Attack Helicopter

Emergency Airdrop