Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Have they definitely not released some subtle patch for the glitch then? I had a TDM game on Rust (oh dear) and pretty much the entire enemy team were holding Javelins on their back, but not once did I get killed by someone using one. I could only assume they thought they'd do the glitch, but couldn't anymore. Also I wondered whether they nerfed the ridiculous melee slightly. A lot of my knife kills just completely weren't registering, and there wasn't any noticeable lag.

Have they definitely not released some subtle patch for the glitch then? I had a TDM game on Rust (oh dear) and pretty much the entire enemy team were holding Javelins on their back, but not once did I get killed by someone using one. I could only assume they thought they'd do the glitch, but couldn't anymore. Also I wondered whether they nerfed the ridiculous melee slightly. A lot of my knife kills just completely weren't registering, and there wasn't any noticeable lag.

I felt terrible earlier today when I was killed while trying to find a lock-on with the Jav., as if I'd been caught before I could cheat. I've ditched the Javelin in favour of the Stinger now; the extra shot is far more useful than the waste of time ground lock-on.

Javelin glitch still very much in operation on 360 anyway. Just had lots of fun owning them then taunting them in the lobby.

Nope. Though you do get points (XP) for it, and it counts as a "kill" in your challenges for rocket launchers.

Anyways, I decided to try the LMG route. I went for this one, mostly because I have been killed by the fucker so many times:

aug24s2.gif

AUG HBAR

It really is good, isnt it? When I was a bit more alert a couple of hours ago I was regularly getting 7-10 kill streaks with it. Its a beast with a red dot or holographic sight, not so sure about the ACOG, it seems to take too long to snap to the shoulder with it, and I wasnt getting as much joy as I was with the other sights or even the iron sight. That might be down to the fact that I didnt unlock it until 1:30am and tiredness had set in somewhat and dulled my reaction times.

The gun is awesome though. I'm not usually a fan of losing the mobility that comes with taking a LMG, but the reload times arent crippling with this gun and with stopping power on, bursts of one and two rounds seemed to kill with satisfying regularity. Its as accurate as fuck too, so that second shot doesnt go whistling harmlessly over the targets head if I keep the trigger squeezed. I figure this gun might be awesome with FMJ equipped when I unlock it. I can live with the iron sights too, so plenty of options with Bling.

Anyways, I decided to try the LMG route. I went for this one, mostly because I have been killed by the fucker so many times:

AUG HBAR

It really is good, isnt it? When I was a bit more alert a couple of hours ago I was regularly getting 7-10 kill streaks with it. Its a beast with a red dot or holographic sight, not so sure about the ACOG, it seems to take too long to snap to the shoulder with it, and I wasnt getting as much joy as I was with the other sights or even the iron sight. That might be down to the fact that I didnt unlock it until 1:30am and tiredness had set in somewhat and dulled my reaction times.

The gun is awesome though. I'm not usually a fan of losing the mobility that comes with taking a LMG, but the reload times arent crippling with this gun and with stopping power on, bursts of one and two rounds seemed to kill with satisfying regularity. Its as accurate as fuck too, so that second shot doesnt go whistling harmlessly over the targets head if I keep the trigger squeezed. I figure this gun might be awesome with FMJ equipped when I unlock it. I can live with the iron sights too, so plenty of options with Bling.

Have you tried the RPD? I find RPD + Grip, Marathon Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Commando Pro to be one, if not the most powerful gun for almost all situations. Plus with marathon you don't get the disadvantage of choosing an LMG. AUG HBAR is certainly good, but I found I needed Scavenger Pro on it, but wanted Bling for grip and holographic sight. The Ironsight on the RPD is so clear and well designed that you really don't need or want a red dot/holographic on it as its just a waste.

I find FMJ a bit useless on any gun, it seems like a massively weakened version of Deep Impact from MW1.

Have you tried the RPD? I find RPD + Grip, Marathon Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Commando Pro to be one, if not the most powerful gun for almost all situations. Plus with marathon you don't get the disadvantage of choosing an LMG. AUG HBAR is certainly good, but I found I needed Scavenger Pro on it, but wanted Bling for grip and holographic sight. The Ironsight on the RPD is so clear and well designed that you really don't need or want a red dot/holographic on it as its just a waste.

I find FMJ a bit useless on any gun, it seems like a massively weakened version of Deep Impact from MW1.

Are you Uzi? :lol:

:eyebrows:

I use steady aim, not commando!

I haven't used the Aug much, but I prefer the RPD as I use it for the HUUGE clip and perfer iron sight thus not needing bling. The AUG is more like an assault rifle- in which case, I'd use the ACR!

Probably better than the m16 anyway.

I had plenty of kills on wasteland earlier, the whole enemy team was scurrying around a house like a line of ants, easy targets. But still, the m16 seemed to lose just enough accuracy and power over the distance that a few bursts were needed.

Thing with the machine guns is that even with the inherent inaccuracy, that first round always goes straight and true. The RPD is far better at ranged headshots than it has any right to be. Not that I mind. :)

Egh, had five nukes tonight. Lots of fuckwits teaming up in the corners of maps letting their mates kill them over and over again. I caught three guys on Afghan at it in FFA, switched to the Thumper and got a rather pleasing triple kill. Tossers.

Yes, I had that tonight, three nukes in all. How disappointing they are! Still, they're easy targets as you say.

Fucking red bar. Five games in a row I was dropped into games in progress (where my team were losing) AND everyone had four greens and I had one red. The only thing I can do is try to keep my k/d low basically by hiding and being a sneaky bastard.

Not the Javelin glitch, no.

Coincidently, I hit level 50 yesterday and unlocked the Javelin myself. It locks on to locations as well as vehicles? How does that work?

Yep, vehicles and locations (just point at ground to lock on). I've found Javelins great for helicopters but not very good for taking down enemies on the ground because it just takes too long to fire and people tend to have moved on by then. It also makes a very distinctive noise, giving everyone a warning that a Javelin has been fired. Powerful but not that useful. I went back to using the Stinger instead.