IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

OK, well, following on from what Uzi mentioned on the previous page, I've created a RLLMUK gamertag for this. Tag is:

RLLMUKMW2

Get your friend requests in quickly to avoid disappointment.

EDIT: Also, whilst it isn't a requirement, if your gamertag is totally different to your forum username, please try to include that in the friend request message. I'm not going to filter by post count or anything ridiculous like that, but it's just to try and keep the list full of people that actually have forum accounts (as there are people on the Street Fighter lists who aren't on the forum, and are just friends of people that are - that's fine but those lists aren't full, whereas this list definitely will be within a day or two).

According to Gameplay my copy has been dispatched and will be delivered by Parcelforce and whilst they require a signature if you're at home, if you're not they will put through the letterbox anyway.

Whilst I hope that's right as I won't be home to sign for it, that always need a signature, don't they?

My Gameplay copy arrived first thing this morning, and didn't require a signature.

It's just a shame I'm trapped at work until 4:30 :rolleyes:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36407/Daily-Mail...ern-Warfare-2rn

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! Ill informed cuntblocks are spouting shit again!

Hmmm, why is that ill informed?

Personally I thought that level was disgusting. Its contrived, controversy baiting trash. The gameplay is nonexistint, within the plot it doesnt work and its totally out of context with the rest of the game. I seriously thought it was the lowest point of the whole game and one of the lowest points in games ever. It just feels like an attempt at free notoriety

you play an undercover agent trying to infiltrate a russian terrorists unit, as part of your cover you go into an airport with the main guy, and armed with an LMG kill hundreds of civilians. Like you wouldn't just kill the main terrorist guy instead. theres only 4 of them and they are all standing directly in front of you with their backs to you

Personally I thought that level was disgusting. Its contrived, controversy baiting trash. The gameplay is nonexistint, within the plot it doesnt work and its totally out of context with the rest of the game. I seriously thought it was the lowest point of the whole game and one of the lowest points in games ever. It just files like an attempt at free notoriety

you play an undercover agent trying to infiltrate a russian terrorists unit, as part of your cover you go into an airport with the main guy, and armed with an LMG kill hundreds of civilians. Like you wouldn't just kill the main terrorist guy instead. theres only 4 of them and they are all standing directly in front of you with their backs to you

Wow, that does sound completely wrong.

And they will sell you it today Jon?

Oh no, it's a definite tomorrow. It was a dizzy store assistant I spoke to and she knew they weren't allowed to sell it until tomorrow. I don't think you'll have much luck.

I finished the Regular campaign last night; quite short, but really fantastic! Veteran run started pretty much straight after the credits rolled.

(Don't read unless finished campaign).

I loved the Pricey reveal in The Gulag; brilliant stuff. I actually enjoyed the ending as well, sets it all up nicely for the retaliation in Russia.

Personally I thought that level was disgusting. Its contrived, controversy baiting trash. The gameplay is nonexistint, within the plot it doesnt work and its totally out of context with the rest of the game. I seriously thought it was the lowest point of the whole game and one of the lowest points in games ever. It just files like an attempt at free notoriety

ive not played it yet, but i presume the annoyance comes from the fact that Vaz and his nobhead friends would be outraged no matter what the content. their knee jerk get-in-the-papers reaction is the problem.

And they will sell you it today Jon?

Oh no, it's a definite tomorrow. It was a dizzy store assistant I spoke to and she knew they weren't allowed to sell it until tomorrow. I don't think you'll have much luck.

Personally I thought that level was disgusting. Its contrived, controversy baiting trash. The gameplay is nonexistint, within the plot it doesnt work and its totally out of context with the rest of the game. I seriously thought it was the lowest point of the whole game and one of the lowest points in games ever. It just feels like an attempt at free notoriety

Me being a bit shit and hasty. Edited. I stand by the cuntblock bit, though.

ive not played it yet, but i presume the annoyance comes from the fact that Vaz and his nobhead friends would be outraged no matter what the content. their knee jerk get-in-the-papers reaction is the problem.

yeah i agree, but I dont think theres any way to not be offended by this mission. Its even more controversy baiting than GTA.

its an 18-rated war simulator, youre not going to show the enemy pictures of kittens. its about time 18 rated games were that for a reason, its not a kiddy subject.

'war simulator'

no - it's not... it's an action movie simulator. And a great one.

Charlie Brooker tweeted a bit last night about how ace the game was but how wrong that level.

its an 18-rated war simulator, youre not going to show the enemy pictures of kittens. its about time 18 rated games were that for a reason, its not a kiddy subject.

That's completely besides the point. I don't mind the subject at all. It's about the immorality of this particular situation. The game apparently presents the shooting of the civilians as a necessary evil, which is just wrong.

I imagine lots of people will be there before 8 and they wont have that many copies.

yeah but i doubt all will be sold in the first rush, i'd imagine there will be 20-30 people outside max, and most of them are just there for shopping.

or maybe i'm underestimating it a bit too much - even still there can't be over 100 people there, and they must have about 500 copies of the game. might ring them today and get them to keep me one back, i heard a few people have had that done now.

You play an undercover agent trying to infiltrate a Russian terrorists unit, as part of your cover you go into an airport with the main guy, and armed with an LMG kill hundreds of civilians. Like you wouldn't just kill the main terrorist guy instead. Theres only 4 of them and they are all standing directly in front of you with their backs to you

I haven't played it yet, and agree it sounds insensitive. What would have been interesting would be to present a moral dilemma.

What if the group you were infiltrating had access to Nuclear weapons and it was thought they might be about to detonate a suit case nuke in London or New York and you had to infiltrate the group to stop them. You're then faced with the prospect of taking part in the slaughter to maintain your cover and to possibly prevent the suitcase nuke or kill the terrorists, save the airport civilians but then lose any chance you had of stopping the suit case nuke.

That would have been a far better way to present that level than what it seems it is, and would have given the player a genuine moral choice to make.

That's completely besides the point. I don't mind the subject at all. It's about the immorality of this particular situation. The game apparently presents the shooting of the civilians as a necessary evil, which is just wrong.
you obviously havent played soldier of fortune 2...

(that does sound quite tasteless though)

I only have one local to me that stocks games (you can check which stores stock games on their store locator on the website) and that's out of my way in the morning and opens at 7- I would only be able to get there at 8:30am earliest and it's not that big either so I doubt they would have a zillion copies.