The iOS gaming thread

Scog

19 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Should I split out the unicycle hero posts into a seperate thread?

I don’t suspect its got legs to be honest, its a nice little game but won’t last forever

Up to 8,635 which cracked the top 1000 for me globally

It might get noticed more in it's own thread, 10 posts on a topic is usually when I'd consider splitting out to a new thread.

I'm not playing it. Clash Royale, Dokkan Battle & Township is enough for me.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

It might get noticed more in it's own thread, 10 posts on a topic is usually when I'd consider splitting out to a new thread.

I'm not playing it. Clash Royale, Dokkan Battle & Township is enough for me.

Go for it then, its a nice game and doesn’t demand any where near the level of time or effort that something like Clash does. 

Clash is now engrained firmly into my day to day activity and has been for a couple of years !

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Any good rogue likes on iOS? Just bought darkest dungeon. Or any good d and d style games? Or RPG? 

There's the infinity engine games, Baldurs gate 1 & 2 as well as planescape torment which have good versions and last ages. Kotor and Jade empire too.

I think so. Obviously touch controls aren’t the greatest, especially for the 3D games & I haven’t actually tried the version of jade empire. I have played through the BG games though and they work well- the main downside being the need to hunt for click spots sometimes; and the fact that they’re very much 90s pc games.

3 hours ago, carlospie said:

Any good rogue likes on iOS? Just bought darkest dungeon. Or any good d and d style games? Or RPG? 

A lot of my favourite games on iOS are roguelikes, roguelites, or (often puzzle/Card games that) have some kind of nod in that general direction. These are all worth investigating:

868 Hack

Binding of Isaac

Card Crawl / Card Thief

Don’t Starve

Downwell

Dream Quest

Ending

Fowlst

hoplite

Imbroglio

Solitairica

Soul Knight

Wayward Souls

• 2 weeks later...

this is quite a cool little game, imagine Kairosoft style world where you need to work out how to interact with the environment to kill everybody !

not the deepest title going but I don't want that on my phone, feels a couple of quid well spent

I had never really bonded with the previous Bridge Constructor games, found them a bit fiddly to play - for that reason I didn’t pay for the Portal Bridge Constructor mashup when it launched recently for a fiver, its currentl on sale for 2.99 though.

Given it a try and its brilliant, plays really well and is a hybrid puzzle bridge building game - feels quite a lot in there for the discounted price and no IAPs in sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Never Stop Sneaking plays really well on iOS, very sensible one hand control that doesn’t hinder the game (and it plays in portrait too) - I know a few folks in the switch thread liked the idea but said it ran out of steam a bit, but its only a couple of quid on the phone and seems a good port over to me.

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

After my favourite games have all started disappearing forever following iOS updates the platform’s pretty much dead to me at the moment.

I’ll stick to Switch for my mobile gaming for the foreseeable future.

I’m still coming to terms with the loss of Flight Control.