The iOS gaming thread

Scog

I'm really enjoying Star Vikings Forever that came out this week, the stills make it look like a land based Plants v Zombies game but it isn't, its more a of a puzzler as you start on one side of the screen and have to use your characters and abilities to make a path to get across to the other side, often working out chain reactions of events.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=308584

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Jebs Votes said:

@Syntax  Try out the freemium version and imagine the game without all the micro-annoyances inherent to the freemium model. 

Or just pay the measly three pounds. The game is worth at least that much.

yeah just wondered if there were bigger grids, new features.  

I just spent 15 min hitting watch add and accumulated about 40 free games.  I actually dont feel bad doing it that way as I imagine the developer probably gets the majority of their cash through the advertising revenue route.  If it starts to prove annoying and Im still on board with the game I will stump up the cash.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2017 at 15:40, Syntax said:

yeah just wondered if there were bigger grids, new features.  

I just spent 15 min hitting watch add and accumulated about 40 free games.  I actually dont feel bad doing it that way as I imagine the developer probably gets the majority of their cash through the advertising revenue route.  If it starts to prove annoying and Im still on board with the game I will stump up the cash.

Is fifteen minutes of your leisure time really worth £3, once you take into account you could have done something more interesting with it?

I know we've got a few Card Crawl/Thief fans in here, so thought I'd point out that the creator's new game, Miracle Merchant, is out now.

Also, does anyone know anything about/have any experience with 'Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!'? Looks like fun, and is a port of a PC game that's been out a couple of years, so wondering if it'll translate well to the little (and littler) screens.

• 2 weeks later...

data wing is very nice, was touch arcade game of the week and is a total freebie with no ads or IAP.

Taito released Puzzle Bobble Journey yesterday

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/puzzle-bobble-journey/id1245988397?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Your mileage will depend on how much you love puzzle bobble (I do btw) - its a bit rough round the edges, has frequent loading of extra bits/levels which needs internet access, costs £5 (and this 'only' gives you the first 270 odd levels, there are up to 800 to purchase). If you can live with those negatives, which I happily can, the core game is great and has a nice tap aiming system (as well as others).

• 2 weeks later...

My 5 year old daughter has fallen in love with a game called Pango Blocks. It’s a simple blocks logic game where you I have to use various shapes provided to find a way across the screen. She’s played it to death and I can’t find anything similar. Does anyone know of anything similar?

pango_blocks02.jpg

31 minutes ago, g wings said:

My 5 year old daughter has fallen in love with a game called Pango Blocks. It’s a simple blocks logic game where you I have to use various shapes provided to find a way across the screen. She’s played it to death and I can’t find anything similar. Does anyone know of anything similar?

pango_blocks02.jpg

Maybe this...

On 05/09/2017 at 11:51, DC LEMON said:

From the Stamper brothers (and son).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/the_latest_game_from_the_stamper_brothers_feels_like_a_donkey_kong_country_sequel

Promising but I currently suck at it.

I had no idea they were still involved in the gaming industry. That's like discovering there are two Pink FLoyd albums I never bothered to listen to. WIll give it a go purely out of curiosity and to see how much of the magic is identifiable.

On 06/09/2017 at 19:16, g wings said:

pango_blocks02.jpg

Maybe..

IMG_0852.thumb.PNG.b7913e0f234d3bde0502beb27f0badf7.PNG