IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

I haven't turned on my DS or PSP in months, but I play on the iPhone every single day. There's a lot of shit for it, but there's a fair few stone cold classics too. It's the convenience too - I always have it, no matter where I am.

What was the problem with the Minigore update? My first game started on 2,000 points and I only had to kill one furry before the Hard mode was unlocked. Loving the danger radar, large flaming furries and the new Open Feint. Doesn't seem anything like a second episode but more of a v1.1.

I love my iphone, but seriously? The games are not its strong point. Apart from the geo defense games and bookworm everything else seems really, well mediocre.

:angry:

Rolando & Rolando 2

Tiki Towers

Steel Sky

Squareball

FlightControl

Zen Bound

Spider

iBlast Moki

Infinity Gene

Peggle

etc.

C+C Red Alert is on the way

Yup. :wub:

The Cold War is hot again with COMMAND & CONQUER™ RED ALERT™ for iPhone® and iPod touch®.

Experience real-time COMMAND & CONQUER™ strategy as the Soviet or Ally factions. Control the battlefield with touch-screen power in up to 12 combat levels. Create and command war squads in realistic environments. Manage supplies with an intuitive combat system, and escalate the game with hi-tech weapons you develop.

KEY FEATURES

ACHIEVE VICTORY WITH TOUCH-SCREEN POWER

Drag and scroll to gauge the battlefield. Pinch-zoom in and out of the action. Select and move units with a tap. Control multiple units at once!

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE FACTION

Fight for Soviet domination or battle to restore peace with the Allies. Deploy military might unique to each side and engage in different campaign storylines.

BATTLE THROUGH 12 COMBAT LEVELS

Fight in Skirmish Mode on two different battlefield maps with war squads you create and control.

MANAGE TROOPS ON REALISTIC BATTLEFIELDS

Command units in different environmental conditions. Build your base and manage supplies with a new easy-to-use combat system.

ARM YOURSELF FOR WAR

Employ classic units like Kirov Air Ships and new units like the Paladin Tank. Or R&D new technologies to destroy your enemies.

Release Date: October, 2009

6jdris.png

20k6hxl.png

211o1o3.png

2hqttep.png

2hycdq9.png

PR

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=148248911732

Games like Soosiz look amazing but I'm worried that they'll run like shit on the 3G. Crayon Physics was a prime example of an interesting game becoming an interactive slideshow.

Soosiz runs absolutely perfectly on my 1st Gen Touch so, if anything, it'll run even more perfectly on a 3G.

Just bought Pang - loved it in the arcades and on the SNES and it's a good conversion but my god I wish someone would hurry up and invent a joypad for the ipod touch. The slide control works pretty well compared with some other games but the lack of any tactile button feedback is spoiling too many games for me.

Oh and I just got a £25 itunes gift card in Asda....which rang up at £20 :D

Due to my current inability (shitness) to break the 2000 point barrier on Minigore my avatar has been changed in the hope of mocking me into success.

(I :hat: Minigore)

iPod bedtime edit: Job done in record time. 2044 points then tried to take a picture and ate fluffy black death.

Finding 2XL's ATV Offroad really good fun. At first I thought I had my grfx/physics beer goggles on...but it's actually a really enjoyable, challenging game with good controls. I've tried it on 3G & 3GS both smooth as silk although the first time I tried it on a 3G it went to the home screen after that it's been fine. 2XL's Supercross is a polished/playable title too but they're pricing themselves out at 4.99 sadly. However when the price drops both games are well worth it.

The app store promo shots have been 'shopped n sharpened but I managed to take these myself:

IMG_2103.jpgIMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2101-1.jpgIMG_2107-1.jpg

IMG_2104.jpgIMG_2102.jpg

One to show-off to friends but is also actually decent enough to play/10

Just remember to turn the music off.

Shrek Kart just came out on the App Store for £2.99.

I'm oddly tempted - Gameloft are shameless copyists, but they copy well - but unless I hear that it's excellent I think I'll be able to resist.

Shrek's possibly the best out of the 3 cartoony Kart games I've tried. That's not saying much mind.

A bit late to the party but Space Invaders: Infinity Gene is just pure awesomeness, thought I'd check it out on the train this morning and where did the journey go? It's perfect for the iPhone, controls like a dream and as for the music :lol:

Icing on the cake for me is the music mode, where you can play the levels with your own tunes, had to go with a bit of Out of Space.\

I loves it!

IGN Review

One benefit of an ever-expanded, limitless universe is an inexhaustible supply of aliens to blow up -- although, Taito's Space Invaders series has certainly done its part over the last three decades to depopulate a few corners of the galaxy. Its newest entry in the long-running franchise is Infinity Gene, a neo-retro shooter for the iPhone that with enough action to numb your fingers and style that will make your eyes bleed.

By the way, those are compliments.

Infinity Gene starts off on precisely the right foot. You get a brief scene of the old-school Space Invaders, the one that caused a yen coin shortage in Japan. Then, the game practically explodes into a world that looks like TRON and the cult SEGA game Rez had a DNA-spliced baby. Your headphones fill with trance beats and classic video game bleeps and bloops while an army of familiar-looking invaders stream down from the top of the screen. But this is not even close to the degree of evolution you'll find in Infinity Gene. Soon, the screen is filled with geometric enemies built out of Vectrex-style vectors and curtains of bullets. If you have any appreciation for this kind of pure videogame style, you will be gobsmackingly charmed by Infinity Gene.

The deeper you go into the game, the more you unlock. Your ship is soon freed from it invisible tether to the bottom of the screen. New weapons replace the classic blaster with firepower like homing beams and wave blasts that can be powered-up by blasting UFOs. Taito is smart to keep rewarding you with extra goodies every few stages because it gets you to try new ships and tactics when you drop back to the main menu or restart the game at a later date. (Infinity Gene saves your progress so you can always start up right where you left off in a previous play session.)

Infinity Gene borrows Gameloft's smart Siberian Strike touch controls. Your ship auto-fires. You glide your ship through space by sliding your finger around the screen. You do not need to hold your finger over your ship. In fact, I highly discourage doing so because you will miss enemies creeping at your from below. Every time you lift your finger and touch the screen again, that is your new anchor point. During a typical stage, I bet I moved the anchor at least five times to adjust for the different enemy approaches. The controls are spot-on accurate. At no point did I blame a wreck on the controls -- I just didn't get out of the way fast enough.

space-invaders-infinity-gene-20090729040730344.jpg