IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Yep, it's really good, easily my favourite twin-stick shooter on the system. They've absolutely nailed the controls, it's got a great auto-pause system, arcade and survival modes. The bosses are disappointing, but overall I prefer it to Super Stardust Portable on the PSP.

Ah cool cheers, gonna give it a whirl.

Peter und Vlad is free this weekend - worth a download. It's a nice line drawing sheep herding game.

The Niblebits games are also free today - Scoops, Sky Burger, Textropolis etc

Quite liking the look of Soosiz, might get that over the weekend.

Not my type of thing but the upcoming Ravensword looks rather impressive.

Did anyone else bother getting Bloons Tower Defense?

I know it's available on the net for free, and the ipod version doesn't offer anything other than a handful of new levels, but boy, it works very VERY well. Actually very surprised that a 1st gen iPod Touch can handle the amount of bloon and monkey carnage that happens on the hard difficulty without breaking a sweat.

Was initially hesitant about purchasing it, but to be honest, worth every penny. Possibly my favourite tower defense game, currently holding me back from plugging on with trying to finish Helegom in Defender Chronicles. Evil. Very very good, but evil.

Yep, it's really good, easily my favourite twin-stick shooter on the system. They've absolutely nailed the controls, it's got a great auto-pause system, arcade and survival modes. The bosses are disappointing, but overall I prefer it to Super Stardust Portable on the PSP.

You're not wrong. It is the best twin stick space shooter, (I'm partial to a bit of Minigore and Alive4Ever) . Isotope and all the other space ones I've deleted on my phone pale in comparison to Meteor Blitz.

Waited until today to buy it, glad I did - it's having a 59p weekend sale.

I like the Global Rank at the top a la Geo Wars 2, the pause when you're not touching the screen and the inertia is much better than Isotope and all the others I've tried. Great little game.

Bought Soozis last night too. An excellent platformer. It's like a 2D Mario Galaxy, much prefer it to Gomi (TOOOO slow) and Rolando.

Purchased so far:

Skystorm 1918: Gorgeous looking, much fun, bit hard, my fat fingers get in the way.

Run!: Great stuff, but I'm either cack handed or my iPod touch isn't very responsive.

Wurdle: only highlights my ridiculously limited vocabulary.

Dactyl: Fucking hardcore. I defused 64 bombs on my first go and haven't come close since.

Minigore: beautiful but my thumbs get in the way.

Tower Bloxx 3d: It's pretty good. I'm shit at it.

In short, it's cool having games on the iPod but I'm still dubious about some of the control methods.

Ooooh, intrigue

Image1431.jpg

The Relic.

Chillingo also revealed to us another upcoming game today that they described as "Gauntlet on steroids". Gauntlet, of course, being the classic multiplayer Atari arcade game where you hacked and slashed your way through levels. And The Relic sounds like it's going to mimic that gameplay:

ey guys, I'm starting from scratch here as I just bought a touch today. What good games am I looking to buy to get me started? I love the idea of 59p games! :angry: I've bought Geo Defence (at £1.19) and am extremely happy with that...

Looking for lovely games guys, don't have to be recent, just decent!

Bought Meteor Blitz today and its wicked.

For a twin-stick shooter it does so many things right, controls are perfect also.

It reminds me of super stardust portable so much!

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://phobos....194605&mt=8

59p as well.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

All time classics:

Tiki Towers (kind of similar to World of Goo)

iBlast Moki (physicsy amazingness)

Kil.A.Ton (Scorched Earth basically)

Mr AahH!! (one button, very moreish)

Drop7 (maybe don't get this, it'll ruin your life)

Orbital (hard as nails, but great)

Anyone else tried Cocoto Racer? It was only 59p so I took a punt, but unless it takes a week to load, it just freezes on the loading screen on my 3GS. I've rebooted my iPhone and have redownloaded it, but it still doesn't work :)

EDIT: Hmm, downloaded it again but through 3G and it works! Odd.

I love my iphone, but seriously? The games are not its strong point. Apart from the geo defense games and bookworm everything else seems really, well mediocre.

Should I play another tower defence game on my iphone, or should I maybe play something on my psp/ds?

Also if you have sausage fingers, playing monkey island sucks.