The iOS gaming thread

Scog

FFVI is coming tomorrow:

The iOS version of the game is going to feature a new interface, improved graphics and some extra contents not found in the SNES original release, like Kaiser Dragon and Gilgamesh. These extra contents are the same ones found in the Gameboy Advance release of the game. The new graphics surely can turn off some gamers, especially those who have loved the original graphical style, but the game is still the same and it’s just as good as it used to be.

Final Fantasy VI is going to be released on the App Store tomorrow in Japan. The Western release should come before long, considering all the Final Fantasy titles released on iOS have come West.

UPDATE: Square Enix has confirmed that the game will also become available in the West at midnight. It will cost £10.99 / $15.99.

http://www.touchtapplay.com/final-fantasy-vi-launching-on-ios-on-february-6th/

Guys need some help, the collision detection on flappy birds seems to be fucked for me, anyone else getting this or is it my phone thats busted?

Weird thing is it ALWAYS flakes out just as I reach my top score!! NNNGGHHH!

The collision detection does feel like it's off at times, but the truth is that it is just over-sensitive. If any part of the bird touches any part of a pipe, it's over.

For the high score thing, though, that's entirely down to you. You are subconsciously getting excited, and tapping too soon. Try to relax, and get more into the zone. Honestly, it's a psychological block you have at the moment, because the game itself is nowhere near sophisticated enough to change based on your score!

Flappy Bird is making $50,000 in advertising revenue a day.

A DAY.

Mental!

I dont think I have intentionally clicked on an advertising link in my life, amazed advertising space could be monetized as highly as that, regardless how succesful the app!

I see his other app, the ball juggling one, is doing not bad either off the back of flappy bird success, sitting pretty at no.2 in the charts!

Mental!

I dont think I have intentionally clicked on an advertising link in my life, amazed advertising space could be monetized as highly as that, regardless how succesful the app!

I see his other app, the ball juggling one, is doing not bad either off the back of flappy bird success, sitting pretty at no.2 in the charts!

Ironpants is at 2 in the states. Which is crazy, because that's truly evil.

I decided to give Threes a shot, as an antidote to the frustration of Flappy Bastard and the sheer hatred to players shown by EA with Dungeon Keeper. It's ... something different!

A puzzler, but not a Match 3 game. Basically, push tiles about. Tiles with a 1 and 2 on can combine to become a 3. After that, tiles only match with the same number, so 3+3=6, 6+6=12. etc. I managed to form a 96, but that took quite an effort. And, I know my description isn't doing it justice, but I don't think any description can. It's kinda like the way Drop 7 sounds dull if you try to tell people it isn't. It's simple, but has an underlying genius, and I am sure that some strategies will reveal themselves. All I know is that my score got higher every time I played it, so I can be sure that it's doing something right. Only £1.49, too, which might be off some people's radars but is certainly not scarily high.

And back to the flappy bird stuff, it's annoying to slowly realise this game genuinely has a steady learning curve. At first I thought the controls and physics weren't tight enough to improve my skill level, failure felt arbitrary. But I've improved with each session; at first routinely failing under 10, then 20, 40 etc.

I've started to realise all those 9999 scores probably aren't manipulated. :(