rllmuk
Scog

The iOS gaming thread

It sounds great! Buying it now. Though has anyone played that Breach and Clear game mentioned in the first link? It looks like a lot if fun too.

Wheres my water is pretty good. Havent tried the new Mickey one

I love water but I didn't like the Mickey one.

The Perry one is superb though.

I find it very hard to control - the dodge doesn't seem to work as consistently as it should, meaning you get the hell beaten out of you by the lowliest thug regularly. That was on an iPad though, not tried it on my phone.

Was waiting off, but decided to take the plunge and pay £1.99 for Kingdom Rush Frontiers. Considering how much time I sank into the first one and how much enjoyment it gave me (plus I think i got it on a sale), holding out for Frontiers to be any cheaper just felt a bit tight in the end. I mean, I don't think twice about buyign a pint for £5 in London, but I'm particular about games prices less than half of that. Anyway, turns out to be money hugely well spent - i really enjoy the series and the visuals and have already had at least a half-pint's worth of fun from it :)

iPhone. Pretty good on it too.

Cool. Was concerned that it might be too small/fiddly to control. Shall purchase!

Anyone playing 868 Hack? It's a cool roguelike / puzzle game hybrid with retro graphics based (very loosely) around hacking computer systems. After an initial steep learning curve it's incredibly more-ish.

For anyone with kids, Toca Builders is a lovely little building game. There are a bunch of little robots, each with a particular block manipulating ability. It's utterly charming and a fantastic little building block sandbox.

Toca-Builders-for-iPad-5.jpg

Toca Builders has gone free for a while! If you have kids, seriously download this. It's grrrreat.

In fact, even if you don't have kids you should download this, just to have a little go with the awesome robots. They are so cool. You can always delete it afterwards (if your heart is a shrivelled hunk of jerky).

screen568x568.jpeg

Just look at 'em! Wait til you see 'em move :wub:

• Upvote 2

ALL the Toca Boca stuff is great, and the Sago Mini stuff is worth keeping an eye out for too. There's another couple as well, they're called My Playhome and Playhome Stores.

Anyway Toca Boca have a new game coming next week -

• Upvote 1

Gique I'm loving Ooki Blocks, just seems so slick and polished and passed the 'pins and needles in the legs first go on the bog test'

Looks like there is an issue with the store (for me at least) - tried to remove the ads but can't connect to store ?

• Upvote 2

yes, sadly I`ve been made fully aware about this, programmer is asleep at the moment - will be fixed ASAP!!!!

• Upvote 1

Same here.

We had a similar problem when Magnetic Billiards was launched. Apple approved the game but forgot to approve the IAPs. It's an absolute bastard to lose a ton of sales at launch.

glad you are digging it, its the 1st game in my entire career I have had full creative control of... looking forward to hearing more about what you all think - anyone landed a "risky punch" yet?
tried chase mode?

BTW we are having an extremely hard time trying to get press to talk about the game, if you guys are enjoying it, please tweet about it, or share it on FB, :wub:

• Upvote 1

BTW we are having an extremely hard time trying to get press to talk about the game, if you guys are enjoying it, please tweet about it, or share it on FB, :wub:

Have you tried Retro Gamer? Strider, if you're reading this, it feels a like a lost Taito game even though it's a new concept.
  • Upvote 1