rllmuk
Scog

The iOS gaming thread

I have lost hours to this already. Currently on my second attempt to stay in League Two, god-damn fickle punters staying away when we're near the bottom of the league and costing me money!

I'm currently in League One, can't seem to get up though. I've spent the last few years improving the youth system and am starting to see the benefits.

Holy shit!!!! This is HUGE!!! Not sure if it was mentioned before but I just found out about this now and just did it:

1. Put a bunch of SNES roms in your Dropbox

2. Download Remote File Manager - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-file-manager/id570412117?mt=8

3. Link the app with your Dropbox

4. Play SNES games by simply loading the rom in the file manager :o

It has an in-built hidden SNES emulator!!!! No need to jailbreak your phone!!!

StarFoxOniPhoneSmall_zpsd32ee78c.png

• Upvote 5

Holy shit!!!! This is HUGE!!! Not sure if it was mentioned before but I just found out about this now and just did it:1. Put a bunch of SNES roms in your Dropbox2. Download Remote File Manager - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-file-manager/id570412117?mt=83. Link the app with your Dropbox4. Play SNES games by simply loading the rom in the file manager :oIt has an in-built hidden SNES emulator!!!! No need to jailbreak your phone!!!StarFoxOniPhoneSmall_zpsd32ee78c.png

What. The. Fun.

It works! It really works!

Until that file manager gets knocked off the App Store. :(

Its been around since 2012 and is done by the folks behind Evernote...so it looks good. Grab it while it's here.

I'll pass I find games designed for a touchscreen hard enough let alone SNES games on a touchscreen.

• Upvote 5

Its been around since 2012 and is done by the folks behind Evernote...so it looks good. Grab it while it's here.

Sure about that? The developer link reveals only a Pokedex and the author is listed under a single person. It also says ©Hackinsoft, which is not the most credible of names.

Sad thing is, I quite want it for the other functionality but given it seems to be on the App Store just to sneak an emulator on I don't trust it as far as I can throw it.

Oh no, is it dodgy then? I installed it and it works as a very nice little comic files reader on the iPad, but does that mean I've just given my Dropbox to a hacker? Blinking flip!

I'll pass I find games designed for a touchscreen hard enough let alone SNES games on a touchscreen.

It has iCade support

Oh no, is it dodgy then? I installed it and it works as a very nice little comic files reader on the iPad, but does that mean I've just given my Dropbox to a hacker? Blinking flip!

It's difficult to know, but the hiding of shit from Apple does make me disinclined to trust it.
Official recommendation - Just buy the fucking Skeleton key for this straight away. Especially if you're using an iPad.
  • Upvote 1

It's difficult to know, but the hiding of shit from Apple does make me disinclined to trust it.

Yeah, I totally agree. If I'd thought about it a bit more I would have never installed it. I deleted it and changed my Dropbox password as a token towards security, but no doubt if it is dodge I'm already fucked.

Man, that comic reader was sweet though, and 69p! Any others that people use that can read cbr files in Dropbox?

EDIT: And yes, get Magnetic Billiards, you bunch of drunks! It's amazing! :quote:

• Upvote 3

We've been playing Mystery Room in the evenings and I recommend persevering until the last free level before deciding whether to buy it or not. The last one is a lot better than the first one. £3.50 for the rest! Madness. (In a good way.)

Love that art style, downloading it now :)

edit: This is good! I thought it was a PvsZ clone initially but it's not.

Glad you like it. Here's a youtube video for anyone that cant be bothered to download it:

Shadowrun is being submitted for approval this week, so all being well we may see it in a couple of weeks time.

Plus the Warhammer expansion is due this month.

Not that I exactly need more games now that I have my greedy paws on Diablo III for console.

• Upvote 1

Holy shit!!!! This is HUGE!!! Not sure if it was mentioned before but I just found out about this now and just did it:

1. Put a bunch of SNES roms in your Dropbox

2. Download Remote File Manager - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-file-manager/id570412117?mt=8

3. Link the app with your Dropbox

4. Play SNES games by simply loading the rom in the file manager :o

It has an in-built hidden SNES emulator!!!! No need to jailbreak your phone!!!

StarFoxOniPhoneSmall_zpsd32ee78c.png

Has this been pulled now then?