rllmuk
Scog

The iOS gaming thread

I didn't even know Stockholm Syndrome was a thing in gaming.

Ultimately they didn't write to be a game, they wrote an ongoing revenue generator, nothing changes that, fundamentally the goals are different. Fun is a side effect rather than the goal.

Accidental fun tastes the same as deliberate fun.

You can get the PSP Megadrive Collection, which includes Sonic - think it's discounted at the moment too.

Doesn't come with the astonishing wealth of extra (& new) features that are in the new version, though.

Yeah, the new version is brilliant - the time attack mode featuring hundredths of a second is ace.

Tiny Troopers 2 is free (again?). It's a really great Cannon Fodder-esque game. I've had a lot of fun playing through both of them.

I often buy at least one of the IAP options to show my appreciation; if anyone's thinking of doing the same, go for the one which gives you double Command Points. DON'T get the double experience points like I did; your little guys will die fairly often, so the effect of them levelling up a bit quicker is not as helpful as double CP's, which you can spend on permanent upgrades to your stats.

• Upvote 3

Ridiculous Fishing got an update today. Not tried it yet but new fishies and stuff sounds good to me.

Tiny Troopers 2 is free (again?). It's a really great Cannon Fodder-esque game. I've had a lot of fun playing through both of them.

I often buy at least one of the IAP options to show my appreciation; if anyone's thinking of doing the same, go for the one which gives you double Command Points. DON'T get the double experience points like I did; your little guys will die fairly often, so the effect of them levelling up a bit quicker is not as helpful as double CP's, which you can spend on permanent upgrades to your stats.

Tiny Troopers the first was a boring game quite cleverly masquerading as an interesting one. Took about five levels to reveal it, but it becomes nothing more than an obstinate grind,

Have they managed to avoid that with 2, or does it play the same?

Tiny thief is glorious. So many chuckle-worthy moments along the way. And not a few exceedingly well hidden bonus treasures and weasels.

Tiny Troopers the first was a boring game quite cleverly masquerading as an interesting one. Took about five levels to reveal it, but it becomes nothing more than an obstinate grind,

Have they managed to avoid that with 2, or does it play the same?

Plays much the same as the first game, so if you didn't get on with that one, I'd say the sequel's probably not going to do it for you either.

Nearly onto the 3rd map of PVZ2, its good but feels more like a spin off than a sequel. It can be a little grindy at times, but not too bad. Not spent anything on it, or felt the need to.

Oh hell yeah!

http://toucharcade.com/

On August 1, the iPhone and iPad versions of Kingdom Rush: Frontiers [$2.99 / $4.99 (HD)] will receive a huge update that adds a new land, new enemies, new heroes, and what looks like a wicked crazy boss fight against a map-consuming Kraken.

The upcoming update's titled "Rising Tides," and as you're probably assuming, its set in a coastal and watery world. Iron Hide Studios released the following teaser, showing off the update's various finned enemies and the two new heroes. The former of which is a big turtle with a laser cannon. Can't go wrong with that.

We're guessing this will be an on-the-house kind of thing and not cost users any dough, but those details haven't been released quite yet. We'll keep checking. In the meantime, check out that trailer. We're stoked for this one!

• Upvote 1

Any recs for turn based strategy similar to Hunters that isn't X-Com, please? iPad or iPhone. Thanks chaps.

Breach and clear might be worth a try

Is there a recommended tutorial for Frozen Synapse anywhere - I bought it ages ago but can't for the life of me even finish the first level without my guys dying instantly.

There are some basic tutorials in the game, it's not too hard to get your head around really. There's a lot of depth in there using what is quite a simple toolset.

• Upvote 1

For anyone that didn't manage to get GBA4IOS, it appears that its working again from. http://emu4ios.weebly.com/downloads.html

The trick to get it installed and working seems to be, change the date on the iphone to 2012, install the app and open the game, then change the time back to normal.

You can then close the app in task manager and open it fine after that.

• Upvote 1

XCOM down to £10.49. It's not the price but the comedy install size (3gb+!) that's making me hesitate.

Tiny thief is glorious. So many chuckle-worthy moments along the way. And not a few exceedingly well hidden bonus treasures and weasels.

It is now only 69p...everyone must download this gem now.
  • Upvote 2