IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Ace Patrol: you only need to spend 69p to get all of the missions - just buy the British campaign.

The other campaigns have the same missions, but you can use aircraft with different stats if you buy the other nations.

There are IAPs, but if you play it strategically ie don't play at a higher difficulty than your ability and retreat back to base when you are over powered - there is no need to purchase these.

I warned my missus not to ask what I was playing.

I warned her not to install Happy Street.

She didn't listen and she now needs friends. If anyone feels like helping her out please add vikks21.

I've sent a friend request via GameCenter :)

Just picked up Frozen Synapse. Will be giving that a whirl today.

Also, Sonic 1 has had a massive overhaul. If you bought it originally, worth redownloading. It's been given the Christian Whitehead Sonic Jam makeover. Includes improved graphics and framerate, save game, customizable controls, leaderboards and you can unlock Tails and Knuckles to play through.

Just grabbed Frozen Synapse, loving it after the first group of three wee missions, properly tense. Seems beautifully converted to touch controls, although I never played the desktop version so couldn't say whether anything is missing or added. It's a fiver, but that doesn't seem unreasonable for such a solid, well polished package. Enjoyed slaughtering maximum number of unarmed technicians in minimum number of turns slightly too much...

I just discovered Big Win Soccer.

Pretty light on content - it's still like a mini ultimate team. I signed up for lots of free offers for their in game currency, bought some decent players (card packs yay!)".

I won 1 daily league, got another 100 bucks - and I reckon I'm just going to win another by 1 point!

Has anyone bought the final fantasy games on ios? Are they decent/worth buying? They're quite expensive

Avoid All The Bravest.

http://www.edge-online.com/review/final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-review/

Arbitrary difficulty spikes regularly halt your progress, and revival requires a wait of three minutes per party member. And if you’re not prepared to hang on 90 minutes for your 30-strong squad to replenish, your only other option is paying to expedite the process. Alternatively, you could make life easier by spending more to recruit one of 35 Final Fantasy legends, though even these are randomly chosen. That Square-Enix should rely on the kind of gacha mechanic Japan rightly saw fit to ban speaks volumes about one of the most contemptuously cynical games we’ve ever encountered.

Has anyone bought the final fantasy games on ios? Are they decent/worth buying? They're quite expensive

I've played 3 and the latest one, 5. Both excellent games. I would say 3 has a better polished control system, but 5 is an overall more enjoyable game.

I warned my missus not to ask what I was playing.

I warned her not to install Happy Street.

She didn't listen and she now needs friends. If anyone feels like helping her out please add vikks21.

Same goes with my girlfriend, her username is sheislet, add her!