rllmuk
Scog

The iOS gaming thread

If I try to DL LostWinds 2, put in my password but then get the pop up saying that it's over 50mb, is it added to my account as bought so I grab it for nothing still if the price goes up (assuming I can't get to some wifi for a bit)?

Indeed. It's nice that they want you to download it straightaway so you don't forget about it later* but...Yeah. Very stupid you can't buy things when you don't have a wifi connection/space on your phone when you're out and about.

*Hi Steam sales!

The last two nights have been spent playing two different roller coaster games.

Nutty Fluffies

Sort of Rayman crossed with rollercoasters. The physics and animation of the rollercoaster is great and what makes it. Controlling the rollercoaster is sublime.

IAP is a bit in your face, but you don't need to buy any to progress (so far.)

Coaster Crazy

If Rollercoaster Tycoon on iOS has this with a load of micromanagement and park design, great. Freemium, but I've opened up the sandbox without worrying about IAP. Keep the app open for 10 mins and you can quickly gather a lot of bucks.

The animation and reactions of the characters are cool and the controls are intuitive.

I prefer playing most games on iPad now, these included.

Both different, both good fun.

• Upvote 1

The devs have put a note on the update asking people to skip it for the time being as it causes random crashes during races, so probably worth avoiding for now.

i've not played on of the previous ones but I'm finding Bloons 5 oddly compelling, its a nice tower defence with added monkey goodness, loads of tower types to get your head round and seems to keep offering you maps where you survive endless waves of increasingly powered up balloon foes.

shame its iphone only and won't install on iPad

I made a game and it's out now for iPad on iTunes.

It's a unique twist on the classic card game memory and works really well on the bigger screen sizes of the iPad devices.

So it's basically a high score game, the only limit to you scoring big is your memory. You have one minute on the clock to hunt for matching pairs in a full deck of cards but you can also reveal pairs in succession for hi-scoring combo's.

Also here are some promo codes. Please say if you use one then I'll delete them. There's also little bit more about the development of the game in the dev folder.

34M3P6RLRHX9

9KJYYK6RXXWR

HNXHP93AN7KL

NHPNY9RE74YM

EEY7E7N3K9KR

iTunes Link!

• Upvote 6

It's a unique twist on the classic card game memory and works really well on the bigger screen sizes of the iPad devices.

So it's basically a high score game, the only limit to you scoring big is your memory. You have one minute on the clock to hunt for matching pairs in a full deck of cards but you can also reveal pairs in succession for hi-scoring combo's.

Here is the HD trailer

Also here are some promo codes. Please say if you use one then I'll delete them. There's also little bit more about the development of the game in the dev folder.

34M3P6RLRHX9

9KJYYK6RXXWR

HNXHP93AN7KL

NHPNY9RE74YM

EEY7E7N3K9KR

iTunes Link!

My initial comments are:

1) It's very hard! A full deck of very similar looking cards means that I managed one pair in my first game.

2) Second game it wouldn't let me turn over more than one card, and the timer was just counting down. I'm playing on iPad 2.

Looks nice though!

EDIT: it's a decent game, got up to 480 points now...I see why it's called Pair Panic!

i've not played on of the previous ones but I'm finding Bloons 5 oddly compelling, its a nice tower defence with added monkey goodness, loads of tower types to get your head round and seems to keep offering you maps where you survive endless waves of increasingly powered up balloon foes.

shame its iphone only and won't install on iPad

It's working fine on my iPad 3 (or do you specifically mean the 1st generation iPad?)

34M3P6RLRHX9

9KJYYK6RXXWR

HNXHP93AN7KL

NHPNY9RE74YM

EEY7E7N3K9KR

iTunes Link!

Purchased :D

Seems fun!

Here is the HD trailer

34M3P6RLRHX9

9KJYYK6RXXWR

HNXHP93AN7KL

NHPNY9RE74YM

EEY7E7N3K9KR

iTunes Link!

Very nice little game, the risk reward dynamic is very well implemented. :)

BOOM!

Just cleared my first screen & scored 520 points! ;)

I got to 640 points, nice game! On levels 6 and 7 it only shows one challenge to beat, is that right?

Yeah that sounds right. The levels are kind of grouped in six's so every six levels you will have a score to beat and a background tile is revealed.

They ramp up in difficulty but then the rewards you earn will hopefully provide some help in obtaining those scores. That is until the later levels where you will need Darren Brown level's of memory skills. I'll be honest at times I had to turn on cheat mode but then I have a memory of a fish.

By the way if anyone wants a promo code to review or just any kind of vague promotion like mentioning it on a twitter let me know. I only have 20 followers!

Very happy you are enjoying it!

Few niggles on Pair Panic:

1) scoring a bit broken between Game Centre and device, my score is 680:

v3T3i.jpg

2) it really needs a quit button! I want to do the three combos challenge right first off, and if not I want to quit and start again, rather than wait for the timer.

3) I'm sure it told me I'd won a page of Salary Man's comic at some point, but I never saw it, and don't know how to see it.

Few niggles on Pair Panic:

1) scoring a bit broken between Game Centre and device, my score is 680:

v3T3i.jpg

2) it really needs a quit button! I want to do the three combos challenge right first off, and if not I want to quit and start again, rather than wait for the timer.

3) I'm sure it told me I'd won a page of Salary Man's comic at some point, but I never saw it, and don't know how to see it.

I can't seem to find a pause button either?

EDIT

Just discovered that it doesn't save states either if you have to lock the iPad or close the app, which is bloody annoying when you've got over 1200 points and are just about to combo the last three pairs on the second screen! :(

In Road Trip 2 regarding the overdrive system! you need to do slam landings to build up your boost until the guard fills up and then goes into overdrive?

What I can't work out is that you go so fast you can't possibly accurately predict landing on a downslope so it's just a total lottery of launching again and again until you get a decent run. Coupled with that the pistol doesn't seem to just drop straight, it seems to retain some motion so you have to tweak it but you don't really have enough control over it makes for a pretty frustrating experience :(