IGNORED

The iOS gaming thread

Scog

A bit off topic, but does anyone know why a load of my apps are stuck on "waiting" since upgrading my ipod touch to iOS5? It doesn't seem to matter how many times I remove and re-add the apps, they just sit there. Currently, the affected games are Mushihimesama, Civ Rev, Peggle, Real Racing 2 and Death Rally. I always download apps on my PC, if that makes a difference (rather than on the device via wifi).

Streets of Rage 2 is free for a day, if that's your thing.

It's good, for free (I mean I think something has to be particularly bad to not be) but it's a poor conversion. The controls are crap and the music/sound is quite unclear. I paid 69p for that and even then, I was a little disappointed. I had expected the controls to be a bit off, but I would have at least expected a flawless emulation.

Anyone got any definite recommendations from that huge list of sale games?

Just picked up an iPad, I've grabbed Dead Space, Civ Rev and Pirates. I also have Ticket to Ride, Scribblenauts, Groove Coaster, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Jetpack Joyride, Reckless Getaway.

What else is good in amongst that lot?

As I said earlier, the NHL game is great. Don't worry if you don't know anything about ice hockey; you don't need to in order to enjoy it.

Wow, Dead Space on the iPad is amazing.

Controls are a bit meh, but they actually suit the game. The opening cut scene was incredible.

See - this is what I dont get... 'the controls aren't good but the game is great'. Does not compute in my head. I played dead space thought it looked lovely then gave up because the controls were so bad it spoiled my enjoyment

Tiger Woods is brilliant, but I wish it was harder. Once you've upgraded your stats to a decent level it's embarrasingly easy to win the PGA tour events and just becomes a bit of a grind. Well, not a grind, it's still hugely satisfying of course.

I quite fancy trying out an airplay game on the big telly... what's the best one? I'm not a fan of real racing and the only other one I know is the new Modern Combat - and I didn't like the last one. Given that it's so cheap and something to show off some cool tech, I might just get either of them anyway - but wondering if there's anything else?

Or - before I do that - does the airplay game thing work on a regular iPhone 4?

I must have had at least 30 hours of play out of it, and I've still not chipped in or got a hole in one.

All for free.

Are you playing it on an iPad Davros? I was enjoying it on the iPhone, but for some reason on iPad I can't seem to make it register me taking a shot! I don't know what I'm doing different with the swipe, but it's doing my nut in.

"Want You Gone" from Portal 2 has just been added to osu!Stream for freeee! :omg:

EDIT: Oh man, it's so good.

Quoting this in case people missed it. App is free. Song is free. No excuse, it is brilliant.

Real reason for post is this; anyone that has Bike Baron needs to try user level "AIB2" because someone's remade Inferno 2 and it's pretty awesome.

Real reason for post is this; anyone that has Bike Baron needs to try user level "AIB2" because someone's remade Inferno 2 and it's pretty awesome.

Cheers for that TTK..fucking amazing level. Is there a list somewhere of the best user-made levels?

I hope this isn't bad form seeing as I don't post too regularly on the forum, so if it is I'll remove the post:)

I've just released my first complete iOS game. I actually started it about two years ago, but between starting other projects, things happening in real life and forgetting about it for months at a time, its taken until now for me to finish it and stick it up on the app store.

It's a game you've probably played a million times before, but there wasn't an iOS version that was quite like the one I wanted, so I wrote this one:

SHARK JUG

It's the "Same Game", it's got no clever twists, online functionality or achievements.

Tap the matching the blocks until they all disappear, match more at once to get bigger scores.

Click for app store:

SS1.pngSS2.png

*constructive criticism greatly appreciated :)

Yarp. An iPad is all I got.

Pull finger to the bottom of the screen, then swipe up to the top, innit?

Yes I know! But I do that five or six times on the ipad before it registers I'm taking a shot it seems...on the phone I have no problems.