The iOS gaming thread

Scog

OOF!

Share some hints!

I find it goes in cycles, I am just as likely to die at 30 as 60 or 90. Does it stay the same tempo or does it get increasingly manic?

I think after a while it does level out.

The best advice really is to learn the speed difference between the different planes so you can concentrate on what else is going on.

For example, a large fast red plane and a smaller slower red plane are heading for the runway - work out which one is gonna get there first and draw their paths accordingly then you can quickly move on to whatever else is going on.

Using the original map as example - I usually have the same path for the yellow plane if it's coming from the left, it's pretty direct but also isn't too far from the bottom.

I've actually got my highest score of around 600 on the map which adds the plane you can't control which is a bit weird, though my least favourite is the rotating carrier level.

Some of those scores in the thousands are just :blink:

I'm really struggling with two achievements on Flight Control. The only ones I need are 20 aircraft on screen and no landings for two minutes, but both seem out of reach. I can get to about 1m 50s, and also 18 aircraft on screen, but I've come up against a brick wall. Still proud of my 332 planes landed on the Windy level.

Regretting adding Hendo however, as he's knocked me off the top of my leaderboards.

:(

Oh well, someone to aim for.

I'm really struggling with two achievements on Flight Control. The only ones I need are 20 aircraft on screen and no landings for two minutes, but both seem out of reach. I can get to about 1m 50s, and also 18 aircraft on screen, but I've come up against a brick wall. Still proud of my 332 planes landed on the Windy level.

I'm trying to get the same two actually. Tried flying every aircraft in a circle (red jets on the outside, blue choppers in a bit and yellow planes in the middle) or just literally leaving the planes to come in as they do and just moving them to avoid collisions. The random method is working about the same as the controlled circle method, but still can't get to the magic two minute marker. Had 17 on-screen at once using the random method, and both methods usually get as close as the 1:50 marker.

Although I did get as close as 1:58, and I did that one only my second or third go using the circle method.

I'm trying to get the same two actually. Tried flying every aircraft in a circle (red jets on the outside, blue choppers in a bit and yellow planes in the middle) or just literally leaving the planes to come in as they do and just moving them to avoid collisions. The random method is working about the same as the controlled circle method, but still can't get to the magic two minute marker. Had 17 on-screen at once using the random method, and both methods usually get as close as the 1:50 marker.

Although I did get as close as 1:58, and I did that one only my second or third go using the circle method.

That's basically the two methods I've been trying.

When sorting the different planes into different flight patterns, the problem comes when they reach the end of the path and go off in a random direction. I think it'd be easy if you could draw infinite flight paths.

On the random method, if you don't touch the screen at the start, it seems to take longer for the 2nd and 3rd planes to come in, which might help towards the two minute achievement.

Another method I've been doing is sending planes circling on the spot, but again this becomes harder when flight paths run out, especially when you're trying to renew the circling flight path of about 10+ planes one after another.

Does the game tell you your best time, or are you timing it yourself? (like a right little nerd ;) )

I've been timing it myself.

8)

I have 2 folders of games on my iPhone 4, only had 2 or 3 games on my 3G, just a lovely piece of hardware. Even had me absent mindedly thinking 'wouldn't it be great if Nintendo made games for this' :facepalm:.

Na, as lovely as the iPhone 4/iPod Touch is I think I would prefer to have the 3DS as well. I doubt we will see 3D on any of the iOS devices and not only that I want actual buttons and a slider pad to control my games.

BAH!

Square say "who told you Final Fantasy Tactics was coming out on September 15th?"

It's been the release date all over the web since June. I'd bought a gift voucher and cleared space on my phone and everything. Be nice if they could have told us this earlier.

Na, as lovely as the iPhone 4/iPod Touch is I think I would prefer to have the 3DS as well. I doubt we will see 3D on any of the iOS devices and not only that I want actual buttons and a slider pad to control my games.

Of course, but they could also drop some beauties on the iPhone. Imagine a Wario Ware game!

If there is a similar one on the iPhone then please feel free to post it here :)