The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Yeah, Cubed Rally Racer is brilliant - though it took me a got 45 minutes or so to get used to the handling model. (I love it now, though.)

I've been playing the Lite version of Aqua Moto Racing 2 today, which appears to be a fairly brilliant Waverace clone. I may well buy the full version, even though it's three quid.

Has anyone bought Let's Golf 2? I haven't played the first but it looks rather lovely coming as a Hot Shots Golf fan, but I'd prefer a hand's on opinion before I part with my hard-earned £2.99.

Plunderland looks amazing, gonna get that tonight. Tell your mate that they NEED to do an iPad version with enhanced graphics once they have the bugs ironed out. Would look awesome, and I assume more playable, on the bigger screen.

They've done their update, and it can work on an ipad in 'iphone' mode now, apparently. I don't know if that's good enough but it's a thing, at least.

Also that cannonball thing someone wanted fixed is fixed.

I should really be getting a wage.

Few recommendations for you

Earth Defender - Missile Command meets Galaga. Superb presentation - 59p too - a real bargain. Everyone should take a look at this one.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=38008

Piyo Blocks 2 - ZooKeeper again, but better than the 1st Piyo Blocks, and well worth £1.19 I think. Really good match-3 - the 3 second mode in particular is excellent.

Chain Pattern - from the guy who did Chain Link Pro - same art assets (yuck) - and a cross between Chain Link Pro and Simon Says. But worth a look for sure.

Juggle - from Denki. Awesome game, ideal for the iphone. And they have an absolutely awesome value for money guarantee too:

http://www.denki.co.uk/vfm-guarantee/

Has anyone bought Let's Golf 2? I haven't played the first but it looks rather lovely coming as a Hot Shots Golf fan, but I'd prefer a hand's on opinion before I part with my hard-earned £2.99.

Have you got Let's Golf 1? If not, go ahead. If so, there's probably not enough "new" to be worth it.

EA have updated SimCity... except instead of just giving existing owners a new interface and the option of buying some DLC scenarios, they've released the whole thing as new game costing £3.99 (SimCity Deluxe) and have removed the old one from the App Store. Tch.

You wait ages for an SPRG, then two come along at once. There's a new iPhone version of well-regarded iPad game The War of Eustrath out now. I've done a couple of battles and it seems good.

eustrath1.png

eustrath2.png

And the original Shining Force just got released, too, for the same £1.79 price as Eustrath. It's just a emulated version of the Megadrive version, nothing fancy.

Gravity Hook HD came out last night. From the makers of Canabalt, another simple, addictive little game. Not as stylish and my name breaks the high score tables, but it's pretty great.

gravityhook3.png

Play it for free at gravityhookhd.com.

I got the full version of Aqua Moto Racing 2.

aquamoto11.png

No hint of a challenge yet and a pretty awful frame rate, but it's just so blue and bright and full of bouncy waves that I love it anyway.

Also been enjoying Jim and Frank Mysteries and Miner Disturbance, despite still not being comfortable with the controls.

EA have updated SimCity... except instead of just giving existing owners a new interface and the option of buying some DLC scenarios, they've released the whole thing as new game costing £3.99 (SimCity Deluxe) and have removed the old one from the App Store. Tch.

I've bought it as I'm currently driving across the US, and haven't bought anything recently. Plus, love Sim City.

Going to play it on way to Yellowstone today, but I had a quick swizz last night and it addresses the criticisms in this thread in terms of city disappearing when scrolling and has a different system for laying down roads and grids, which is better.

I've bought it as I'm currently driving across the US, and haven't bought anything recently. Plus, love Sim City.

Going to play it on way to Yellowstone today, but I had a quick swizz last night and it addresses the criticisms in this thread in terms of city disappearing when scrolling and has a different system for laying down roads and grids, which is better.

I'm tempted despite it being such an obvious rip-off.

And enjoy Yellowstone, it's the most amazing place I've ever been to. The world is broken there. (Oh and if you're going in through West Yellowstone avoid the MacDonalds. It's bad.)

I'm tempted despite it being such an obvious rip-off.

And enjoy Yellowstone, it's the most amazing place I've ever been to. The world is broken there. (Oh and if you're going in through West Yellowstone avoid the MacDonalds. It's bad.)

Yeah, will do thanks. Getting married in Vegas was the highlight, but Yellowstone has always been our jewel in the crown of the trip.

We were camping in a tent there, but 1 death and 2 injured by a bear yesterday, in a highly populated camping ground there, has meant we've abandoned the tent for a lodge.

To be fair, it's a bit more of an upgrade than that (improved visuals, controls and the addition of seasons, etc) but removing the orignal from the store is a shoddy move whichever way to slice it. I'm kind of tempted by the new one, but £3.99? Hmm...Thought needed.

To be fair, it's a bit more of an upgrade than that (improved visuals, controls and the addition of seasons, etc) but removing the orignal from the store is a shoddy move whichever way to slice it. I'm kind of tempted by the new one, but £3.99? Hmm...Thought needed.

EA are forever doing sales, so since I own the first one I'll wait until it inevitably gets reduced to 59p for thanksgiving or something.

I grabbed that Highborn turn based strat game off the app store, based off a 10 minute play I'd high recommend anyone who's into this kind of thing to grab it today whilst it's free. Seems like a fun little game.

I downloaded Fastar! last night, aka Fight Angry Squares, The Action RPG.

It is amazing.

You run right and fight squares, collect coins, level up your defence/weapon in stores and restore health, then fight more squares. Squares get bigger and more powerful, and differently coloured squares behave differently too. You have to get to the goal as quick as possible.

It's really funny, and plays brilliantly, and the simple graphics look and feel excellent in motion. There are 24 different modes to play, including an endless mode.

HIGHLY recommended, this. Properly love it.

I downloaded Fastar! last night, aka Fight Angry Squares, The Action RPG.

It is amazing.

You run right and fight squares, collect coins, level up your defence/weapon in stores and restore health, then fight more squares. Squares get bigger and more powerful, and differently coloured squares behave differently too. You have to get to the goal as quick as possible.

It's really funny, and plays brilliantly, and the simple graphics look and feel excellent in motion. There are 24 different modes to play, including an endless mode.

HIGHLY recommended, this. Properly love it.

Cool...I bought it last night and am just about to sync it to my phone for the trip to work. Glad to read more positive impressions.

Worms has finally had a price cut from £2.99 to £1.79, so I've bought it. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Need to play more Fastar, hasn't grabbed me as much as I thought it might so far. EDIT: Oh, it just seems to have clicked.

If anyone has Streets of Rage hanging about (perhaps most likely not on the phone itself, deleted due to the shoddy emulation) it runs pretty much perfectly with the latest update. On an iPhone 4, anyway. Can't speak for the others...

In fact, most of SEGA's Mega Drive stuff seems to have been updated, judging by the dates in the store. Only they could take so long to get such an emulator running properly. :lol:

I managed to finish off getting 3 stars on all the levels on Cat Physics yesterday after I grabbed it as a freebie. Couldn't stop playing it :D

Its a great game.

Bloody Surface tension has me stuck at the minute though. Grr.

(I dont want a solution, just voicing my frustration :) )