The iOS gaming thread

Scog

Bollocks! Was having a great game of Orbital's Supernova mode just now, had topped my previous best high score and was up to 703, but I had a pesky little orb right down on the line, so I tried to flip another off it while the screen was fairly clear. Unfortunately it managed to find one of the two orbs up top and bounced back down over the line :wub:

Should've left it alone where it was and carried on some more.

Bollocks! Was having a great game of Orbital's Supernova mode just now, had topped my previous best high score and was up to 703, but I had a pesky little orb right down on the line, so I tried to flip another off it while the screen was fairly clear. Unfortunately it managed to find one of the two orbs up top and bounced back down over the line :wub:

Should've left it alone where it was and carried on some more.

Orbital is pure spirit crushing heartbreak condensed into app form. I bloody love it though.

Orbital is amazing, I was shocked to see I'd clocked over 6 hours on it in the stats screen the other day.

Still only got a best in Supernove of around 180 though, I always get impatient and go for broke on a 3 bounce shot that's too clever and I cock it up.

Yep, Orbital is like the best game I've ever played in my life. Holy fucking shit it's good. 12 hours+ on the stats so far. My highscore on normal grav mode is 55, is that any good? :wub:

Bit extreme, but it is fucking spectacular. You know you died because YOU fucked it up. It points out how rubbish you are and makes you fight for it's approval.

What a game :(

Battle of Puppets has already had an update. Fixes the framerate issues and now loads faster and plays as smooth as silk.

How are you finding it Rev? I'm about 60% of the way through and finding the time restricted levels a bit tough, even now I've unlocked the Lightning, Boo and Fast powers. Any tips?

Ta.

Battle of Puppets has already had an update. Fixes the framerate issues and now loads faster and plays as smooth as silk.

How are you finding it Rev? I'm about 60% of the way through and finding the time restricted levels a bit tough, even now I've unlocked the Lightning, Boo and Fast powers. Any tips?

Ta.

I've not played it for a few days. I just got my second power and then stopped. Just played Assassin's Creed 2 and Super Monkey Ball last night.

Yeah I downloaded the S&P lite this morning.

Quite enjoying it, even as a die hard non-poker fan.

One question though - I might be missing something but why can't I sometimes make a move?

I can place one card but not the other - is it because there isn't a valid move to make (and my rubbish poker knowledge thinks there is)?

Yeah I downloaded the S&P lite this morning.

Quite enjoying it, even as a die hard non-poker fan.

One question though - I might be missing something but why can't I sometimes make a move?

I can place one card but not the other - is it because there isn't a valid move to make (and my rubbish poker knowledge thinks there is)?

my friend kept trying to place moves down the sides and top/bottom row when the middle 3 positions were filled in, which isn't allowed, your move has to go thru the middle 3x3 grid, you can only complete the edges and get the hands on them by placing a legal move thru the valid cells.

that it ?

it won't let you place a second card down in a legal line if it doesn't make a hand, will always let the first be placed though.

great game, probably my fave with Orbital. the pain when you reach the last enemy in a big dungeon with no recharge coins and get killed with them only having a few points left is really bad. I hate those buggers who restrict you to only 2-3 cards though to play a hand from.

my friend kept trying to place moves down the sides and top/bottom row when the middle 3 positions were filled in, which isn't allowed, your move has to go thru the middle 3x3 grid, you can only complete the edges and get the hands on them by placing a legal move thru the valid cells.

that it ?

Nope figured that out myself already

it won't let you place a second card down in a legal line if it doesn't make a hand, will always let the first be placed though.

Must be that - I should brush up on my Poker skills

great game, probably my fave with Orbital. the pain when you reach the last enemy in a big dungeon with no recharge coins and get killed with them only having a few points left is really bad. I hate those buggers who restrict you to only 2-3 cards though to play a hand from.

Yeah, it's a ace. I was initially a bit underwhelmed, but it then it suddenly revealed Puzzle Quest levels of crack addiction. I actually find myself muttering away to the enemies occasionally- "Yeah, not so tough now are you.." etc etc.

Oh man, the B20F boss in Sword & Poker was an absolute bastard to beat because he always uses his guard skills meaning you can't do any damage to him at all for like 4 turns in a row.

Got beat by him countless times, then noticed there was a weapon being sold in the shop with Silence as a bonus when you get a three-of-a-kind/flush/straight.

Absolutely destroyed him! So yeah, for the B20F boss, get a weapon that has silence.

If I may be so bold as to pimp my game - its a top-down racer in the super-sprint/supercars/super off-road mold, 59p and good fun:

Revs!

This might sound really silly, but do i recognise those cliffs at the top in the third picture? I swear i've seen that patten from something else i've played.. or am i wrong entirely!? An old PC game maybe?

;)

edit: S'not stopping me buying it, btw!