5. Vulnerable

6. More than a dream

7. Building a wall

8. King of Rome

9. Pandemonium

10. The way it used to be

11. Legacy

;)

From the British music industry journal, "Music Week": Pet Shop Boys are facing a close battle with Ronan Keating as they look to score their first number one album in the UK in more than 15 years. The duo’s new Parlophone-issued album "Yes" is presently around 1,200 units ahead of Keating’s Polydor release "Songs For My Mother", according to early retail reports, but the story is made more complicated by the PSB album having accidentally ended up on iTunes three days early last week. It is understood around 2,500 sales of the album achieved on the Apple site following its premature release there last Friday will not count towards this coming week’s chart as they will be recognised as sales from last week instead. Pet Shop Boys, who won the outstanding contribution award at this year’s Brits, have only topped the albums chart once before. "Very" reached number one in October 1993.

icon_facepalm.gif

C'mon PSB!

Got a spare £300 to spend? :)

PSB1.jpg

See the rest of the pics here.

• Hand crafted smoked transparent Perspex box with gold plated metal tick mounted on outer front.

• 11 super heavyweight 200-gram vinyl records pressed on the classic EMI 1400, each featuring ‘Yes’ album track plus exclusive b-side instrumental version. With labels printed one special pantone colour per record.

• 11 inner sleeves featuring exclusive PSB artwork on front. with track title and lyrics on back.

• 11 outer sleeves printed one special pantone colour per sleeve, inside and out.

• Additional 12th sleeve contains giclee art print hand signed and numbered by Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe, plus heavyweight information card containing full track list, credits and colour key.

• When correctly arranged the eleven album sleeves will allow you to make up your own tick, measuring some eight feet in length.

• Conceived and designed by Farrow working in close collaboration with the Pet Shop Boys, this highly collectible music and art edition is limited to only 300 copies worldwide.

• Price includes VAT, insurance and packaging.

• Estimated shipping date 27th April 2009.

• The box set is shipped with insurance up to the value of £500. If the value of your order exceeds this amount, please contact customerservice@thevinylfactory.com

I love This used to be the Future, from the 2xCD edition. King of Rome is gorgeous as well.

As usual, it's the lower tempo, bittersweet songs that are the best: Vulnerable, King of Rome and The Way it Used to Be all being stand outs for me. This Used To Be The Future is absolute genius, too. I'd forgotten Phil Oakey guested on it and had this huge grin on my face when he came in on the stompy chorus. Very amusing.

I'm less taken with the out-and-out pop songs, they're a little too knowing for me and some of the vocal interjections are a bit naff.

Well apparently the album has entered the chart at No.4, and if it wasn't for that iTunes cock-up it would have been No.2. A lack of availability of the CD version in shops and online also meant it could have potentially been a No.1.

Oh well, better luck next time. :o

Well apparently the album has entered the chart at No.4, and if it wasn't for that iTunes cock-up it would have been No.2. A lack of availability of the CD version in shops and online also meant it could have potentially been a No.1.

Oh well, better luck next time. :o

It's not all bad, there's a nice upward trajectory on chart positions for their last few studio albums - Nightlife 7, Release 7, Fundamental 5, Yes 4... their longevity is amazing, it really is.

• 1 year later...

Always bugged me that in an age where pop stars are ripped apart for miming these pair get away with horrendous crimes against lip syncing.

Just watched um on the hip music early evening slot of the Alan titchmarsh show and it was hilarious

I know this style of music doesn't lend itself to live performances but why even bother pretending