IGNORED

Charlie Brooker's Newswipe

Twyford

I liked the Mary Bale part. Repeatedly shouting WHY? at the telly summed up the medias blanket coverage for the duration of the frenzy.

Overall a great take on the year, Shitpeas on XFactor has me sniggering, and the hatred of Sky News, showing it up for it's sensationalist drivel was well placed.

About a million people probably switched straight over when they saw the state of Charlies hair.

I thought it was a joke and so I watched the whole show to see how it developed. It didn't, unless I missed a bit - I think that's his real hair.

I mean he could do a sketch about an ugly turnip who gets quite famous on the telly and gets his hair done.

Shitpeas on Downton Abbey was superb, an inch-perfect replication of some of the twaddle I hear on a day-to-day basis.

Continuing the trend from Newswipe, I spent most of the episode being thrown offguard by the choices of music throughout. Am I wrong in thinking that the theme from Joe Danger was utilised?

Most bizarre one was something on 'the one show'? or something where they had a politician playing table tennis while being asked questions such as 'Eastenders or Coronation Street?', I mean WHAT THE FUCK??? It's like something Alan partridge or Chris Morris would have come up with.

How on Earth do you not know who Salman Rushdie is? :(

I enjoyed Screenwipe immensely, as usual. Sure, the formula's pretty much set in stone now, but there were some killer lines.

I thought it was a joke and so I watched the whole show to see how it developed. It didn't, unless I missed a bit - I think that's his real hair.

I mean he could do a sketch about an ugly turnip who gets quite famous on the telly and gets his hair done.

If I got to put myself inside Konnie Huq every night, I'd let her do my hair however she damn well pleases.

Just caught this on the iPlayer, being out of the country for most of the year I hadn't even heard a few of the stories. I can just imagine the sheer tedium that must have been felt during the cat-placed-in-bin story.

It was nice to see "It doesn't matter, does it?" snow guy get another showing too. People like him make me feel like we might not be totally doomed as a country just yet.

Just caught this on the iPlayer, being out of the country for most of the year I hadn't even heard a few of the stories. I can just imagine the sheer tedium that must have been felt during the cat-placed-in-bin story.

As the it showed, the cat-in-bin story probably got more attention outside the UK than within it.

The mock up of Debate Hero on the 'Kbox 720' was well done

That's the sort of detail that the 'Wipe programs have always got right, even on a limited budget.

Thought it was a good round-up of the year, and the Barry Shitpeas talking head segments were superbly done. Agree with those saying that there was too much packed into the hour, but if you had already seen the 'Wipes earlier in the year then it sufficed.

I think he got across that it's shit, though. So that's good.

I watched my first and only episode of Glee yesterday morning, and it just happened to be the one with the clip that Brooker showed. What an incredibly weird show. I didn't really get it. They break into song like in musicals... but the songs are actually happening as part of the plot, not just fantasy? But the songs are dubbed and incredibly well-rehearsed? Then the song at the end: is it really happening or a fantasy?

I did think the blonde cheerleader had funny dialogue and a funny way of delivering it... but everything else made me feel like a 12-year-old girl.

And Charlie is right. The REAL nerds at school are the ones who would rather die than sing and dance in front of an audience. If you can sing and dance in front of an audience, you're pretty sorted.

I presume that's a follow-up to the election show. It could be good, especially since there is so much potential for a UK show on the lines of The Daily Show. Not convinced Carr is the right person to be the main presenter, though.

10 O'Clock Live, featuring Mr Brooker (and chums). There's a preview here too.

That all sounds good apart from

Lauren Laverne’s job mainly seems to be audience interaction, by heading into the studio audience to seek out opinions, reading out comments from Twitter and promoting a live Facebook poll.

If there's one thing we've learnt over the last year it's that we don't really give a shit what the general public thinks, so why continue to pander to that?

That all sounds good apart from If there's one thing we've learnt over the last year it's that we don't really give a shit what the general public thinks, so why continue to pander to that?

I can only assume that TV commissioners like that sort of shite, despite it making for dire television. Hopefully it'll be openly mocked.

Edit: I've just remembered the Armistice shows :wub: A cross between them and The Daily Show would be amaze.