rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Couch Corpse

Favourite Movie Still Shots

I'm still not on blu-ray myself. I must have found those shots on the interwebs over time. Can't remember where though.

Anyway, how about some REAL classics.

filmep4anh002.jpg

This is possibly the greatest sequence of film I have ever seen. I'm 7 that appears on the big screen after that theme, I'm dumbstruck, utterly amazed, it's real, this actually happened, for the next 2 hours I'm in an alternate reality and utterly transfixed.

Even my Dad who took me, who had been moaning about how daft it would be was in awe.

There are so many shots you could pick from Kubrick's films and display them as a static image.

Yes , essentially that's what I'm looking for.

More Verhoeven with Robocop.

vlcsnap790927.png

vlcsnap789136.png

vlcsnap795026.png

vlcsnap797332.png

It's Raiders Davros!

That's stunning cookie - The Sacrifice

Cool Hand Luke? Loads of nice shots in that, like the close up on The Man's reflective shades, or the Egg eating scene.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, I think.

Edit: That 'Stalker' pic by lordcookie is amazing.

treasure_duellists.jpg

It's pretty small and not the actual cap I'd use if I could screengrab from the film,( hope it gets a blueray release soon) but the final shot is simply stunning as are many from the film, the stalking around the ruins has some particulary awsome cinematography.

Scott outdoes Kubricks Barry Lindon for the oil painting crown with this, for me.

If anyone has a better closing shot from the Duellists please post it up.

treasure_duellists.jpg

It's pretty small and not the actual cap I'd use if I could screengrab from the film,( hope it gets a blueray release soon) but the final shot is simply stunning as are many from the film, the stalking around the ruins has some particulary awsome cinematography.

Scott outdoes Kubricks Barry Lindon for the oil painting crown with this, for me.

If anyone has a better closing shot from the Duellists please post it up.

Talking about oil paintings, there are a few shots in 'O Brother Where Art Thou' that are stunning like that. One image in particular is of a group of trees (by a river with the sirens, I think) with their leaves in full autmnal glory. I remember being gobsmacked by that in the cinema.

can't quite get the exact still I want - but it was from this bit in There Will Be Blood

(so much of that movie just looks absoloutely amazing - I want a projector purely to watch that film)

there-will-be-blood.jpg

i don't have antything against the fountain, unlike some people here, but that still made me realise that scene actually looks like really tacky 70's airbrush art in still format.

great thread BTW

Jesse James was an interesting film, think it's one of those you need to pay attention to every single second of the time. I liked it but I felt I was missing things.

Wish I had a better shot, there are so many good images in the film -

bb-amelie.jpg

Amelie is an excellent film, but I didn't recognize the image until I clicked properties, certainly not an angle I'd remember.