The Apprentice

I was just guessing, it just seemed like such a stupid mistake I couldn't help but think there must've been more to it than "Herp, swap the times, derp!"

I interpreted that as the soldier guy on the phone saying 'Yeah, lets make it for 9.' then I saw Jamie hold up his index finger and held it in front of soldier guy's face, so soldier guy said 'No, make it 1.' Don't know why Jamie held his finger up, either to imply 'change the time' or as a kind of 'Yes, one more meeting get!' kind of thing maybe.

@Kloid - Cheers for the music :)

The deal (normally) would be a 35% cut of the sales they made but I figured Chris realised offering them 20% of everything would amount to the same in the end, but would pretty much guarantee they got the promotion with slot the ticket sellers. Or something.

I'm with you, he had an idea not a cock-up but they didn't let him explain it in the edit just like they did with the '9am/1pm' appointments the other week - make it look like a gross error when the truth was a fair bit duller and sensible.

I dunno. I think it was the right call to make given that it basically won them the task, I can buy Chris coming up with a good explanation for it in the boardroom after the fact - he is good particularly good at that sort of thing - but I don't think Chris' own behaviour backs up the idea that it was a shrewed decision on his part all along.

Just remember how he told it to the rest of his team. He wasn't boasting about what a great task winning deal he's just made (as he no doubt would have), he instead dripped the information out to them sheepishly and almost apologetically like "I agreed 20%... of revenue", and only when pressed on it did he admit that it was 20% of total revenue.

Yeah, it's kind of pointless trying to glean anything from that though...they can chop it up to make it look like what they want to show...ie a disastrous decision that will lose them the task,but OH WHAT A TWIST!!!11!! etc.

Yeah, it's kind of pointless trying to glean anything from that though...they can chop it up to make it look like what they want to show...ie a disastrous decision that will lose them the task,but OH WHAT A TWIST!!!11!! etc.

Yeah the editing this series has been fucking shocking.

Its always been a weird program in that whatever the difference between the winning and losing team its not real acknowledged. I.e. if one team wins by like £50 then they're hailed as being awesome and the other team as complete failures and fuck ups, when in reality a £50 difference in profit over one day could much more likely by because of chance or luck rather than one team being better. I realise thats the whole point of the game, but yeah.

I laughed at the bit where Alan went on about "35% is the industry standard cut for box offices, don't try and haggle because they'll just laugh in your face" when last weeks task was all about haggling. Were they told this at the start or just expected to know?

The 20% deal would be a brilliant way for a startup tour bus company to get going. The tourist office would be hammering sight seers to go with them as their cut is so juicy and you don't have as much pressure to sell on foot all day as your buses would be packed all the time, as demonstrated on the first two trips of the day. Whether Chris had planned this all before has been left as a mystery however.

Next week promises to be amazing. Hopefully they get that big toad lookalike to rip Baggs' carcass into many pieces and then feed him into the paper shredder that they've repurposed for the day. I'll say it now, there is absolutely no way that his parents have only given him £10 to buy yo-yo stocks. If it wasn't monetary it will be a sweet job his Dad wangled for him or some shit.

Next week promises to be amazing. Hopefully they get that big toad lookalike to rip Baggs' carcass into many pieces and then feed him into the paper shredder that they've repurposed for the day. I'll say it now, there is absolutely no way that his parents have only given him £10 to buy yo-yo stocks. If it wasn't monetary it will be a sweet job his Dad wangled for him or some shit.

Yup. I still wish that they had just gotten rid of him, instead of keeping him in for the hilarity value, though.

It's one of the only reality competitions where you never see what the winner does, they just melt into one of the many arms of Sugar's corporation, so for that reason it would be brilliant if he won. The only person he's irritating then is Alan. Maybe when he's got The Brand running havoc in the offices and resignations flowing off his desk he'll reevaluate just why he needs to employ these start-up, self made chancers in the first place.

When is the Apprentice filmed? Is the winner already in their job by now or are the tasks actually happening week by week in accordance with the show being broadcast?

I ask because

the latter seems unlikely and having just found the blog of Stuart's telecoms company where he has just updated it today as the MD of said company it would suggest he didn't win. Even if they are filming it with the broadcast schedule surely he wouldn't be simultaneously maintaining his role as MD...

Not sure about this year (especially as the broadcast was delayed due to the election) but in previous years (confirmed several times, once by the runner-up of the first series) it's filmed in the autumn, shown in the spring/summer and Alan Sugar picks his winner on the day it is broadcast (they film two "endings"). The finalists work for Alan Sugar for the six-ish months between the penultimate task and the ultimate task.

Actually, for this year I'm pretty sure all the tasks (probably bar the final one) was already filmed last year.

As far as I remember it's all filmed already with the exception of the winner being announced - the contestants don't know that until it's time for the live finale stuff and I think they're NDA'd until that time as to who got the sack when - they go as far as to film 2 or 3 "outcomes" with each person winning??

Anyone know what's going on with the final? It's on Sunday and it's two hours long, but there's no "You're Hired" afterwards, so is that incorporated into the show now?

I think you're hired was incorporated into the main show last year as the second hour.

My friend was in Canary Wharf and bumped into them filming the next series:

Yeah, that would be about right, filming is usually in autumn/winter.

Has someone mistakenly advertised their product as 120kg? Nice last minute pen scrawl.

Somebody's getting fired, haha!

If the spoilers doing the rounds are accurate...tonight's gonna be epic.

Lord Alan Sugar's four-letter rant at lying Stuart Baggs as he's found out on The Apprentice semi-final

Braggart Stuart Baggs will take a battering from Lord Alan Sugar on The Apprentice semi-final tonight when he's finally exposed as a liar.

The Apprentice head honcho launches into a furious rant at the 21-year-old self-styled entrepeneur, labelling him as 'full of sh***'

The boardroom evisceration happens after the interview round to be shown on tonight's show, where the remaining five candidates are interrogated by high-flying business friends of Amstrad boss Lord Sugar.

One soon realises that Stuart's claims to have set up a communications firm on the Isle Of Man aren't what they seem, and dismisses him as a 'blagger.'

Lord Sugar - who fell for Baggs's patter and saved him over favourite Liz Locke last week - blasts: 'It's interesting that the regulator of the Isle Of Man telecoms doesn't know anything about you.

'My guy is not a mug, he knows people. The thing is, my four advisers looked at me and said that you're full of s*** basically and possibly you have been throughout the whole course of this process.

He adds: 'What annoys me more is that if I’ve misunderstood you with your claims and everything else you said you’ve done, and someone like Liz left the process last week, I feel more sick.

'I don’t believe a word you say, Stuart. I’m annoyed with myself.'

Lord Sugar’s aide Bordan Tkachuk, the chief executive of computer firm Viglen, managed to cut through the bluster and confronted Stuart over his fibs.

He reveals that he got in contact with the licensing and compliance officer for the Isle Of Man government over Baggs's claims that he had formed BlueWave Communications, 'a fully licensed telecoms operator on the Isle of Man.'

The official revealed that Baggs's claims were untrue.

More at

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1338743/THE-APPRENTICE-2010-Lord-Alan-Sugars-4-letter-rant-Stuart-Baggs-semi-final.html