IGNORED

The Apprentice

Belbo

It would be (mildly) interesting to see what businesses the candidates pitched at the beginning of the process and how that has affected the boardroom firings. If the early casualties had shit ideas and the survivors all have 'good' ones then it hints at some finagling to keep them in till the end.

I bet Susan has a fucking amazing idea under her hat, same goes for the one that talks like a business cunt and looks like a dog pound reject (not Zoe, the other one) because I don't know why they're still in it.

Susan may well have a good business head but she just seems to stupid too communicate it in a mature and coherent way. I thought that guy sitting in the plane flight with her was going to bail out after hearing one 'OMG! too many.

I bet Susan has a fucking amazing idea under her hat...

She's decided to sell cars to the French since they don't have them yet, but not in Birmingham because they're all poor!

I think having an ounce of sense was highlighted last night at the La Redoute pitch with Susan and Helen. When questioned Susan became a child, prattling on about how she could sit on the booster seat until Helen stepped in and made some good points and got the panel on their side.

Susan just comes across as a spoilt little rich kid with very little common sense.

You know what, I couldn't give a toss about the guys on the show, fuck em. Now the girls... :eyebrows:

Susan comes up with a whole lot of nonsense talk. But she's gorgeous.

Melody is a bitch but a bitch with actual talent. And sexy.

Natasha is... a bit useless. Did nothing. Looks ropey (even her legs were a bit veiny mush). She's... OK...ish though.

Helen is tasty and clearly too good for this group.

Zoe... less said about her the better!

Natasha and Jim or Melody for the final. You heard it here first!

I think she was probably trying to find out 'Are the French family orientated?' something which even I've known the answer to since I was 3 years old and saw my first saw group of Francians, but still it was the mongiest way of putting it. Silly Susan, good job she's fit.

I'm pretty sure Melody won that 'Woman Of The Future' lol-award when she was 7 years old. And it was given to her by her parents.

Tom is going to stay till the bitter end no matter how shit he is in the tasks because clearly Lord Sugar's eyes go 'kerching!' when he thinks about having a Dyson-slayer on board the good ship Amstrad.

It's obvious what she was trying to say yeah, it still takes a massive idiot to phrase it that way. Susan has some good ideas at times, but her main issue is perception. She's often stuck in her own lala land and she joins in with comments that aren't thought out in the least or gets the totally wrong end of the stick and then runs with it like a dog who can only acknowledge the presence of only one stick in the entire universe.

When she says something half decent, it's no wonder no one else listens to her. You need to have patience to make it through the "Susan" filter to acknowledge her comments.

WTF was that comment from Melody about the back-packs? Something along the lines of "We're not flogging them at car boot sales, or to people from the north...".

I think one of the challenges should be a design-a-product-for-people-from-up-north task. Judging by the attitudes of some contestants, we'd get a smorgasbord of flat-cap stands, whippet speedometers and rickets medicine! FFS!

It would be (mildly) interesting to see what businesses the candidates pitched at the beginning of the process and how that has affected the boardroom firings. If the early casualties had shit ideas and the survivors all have 'good' ones then it hints at some finagling to keep them in till the end.

I bet Susan has a fucking amazing idea under her hat, same goes for the one that talks like a business cunt and looks like a dog pound reject (not Zoe, the other one) because I don't know why they're still in it.

Susan may well have a good business head but she just seems to stupid too communicate it in a mature and coherent way. I thought that guy sitting in the plane flight with her was going to bail out after hearing one 'OMG! too many.

WTF was that comment from Melody about the back-packs? Something along the lines of "We're not flogging them at car boot sales, or to people from the north...".

I think one of the challenges should be a design-a-product-for-people-from-up-north task. Judging by the attitudes of some contestants, we'd get a smorgasbord of flat-cap stands, whippet speedometers and rickets medicine! FFS!

To them the north is more frightening than France is to Susan.

One thing puzzled me in today's show. What was the point of the car seat bag? Melody questioned it but nobody seemed to explain. Why would a child carry around their own car seat?

Ironically, we'd just ordered one of these on the Monday before the show went out. They are made by the people who do the "Trunkie" case (see Dragons Dens for that one) and are sold in John Lewis amongst other places. The reason we're getting on is for holidays. If you hire a car with a child in tow, it can be a right faff getting a car seat as part of the deal, and it's expensive as well. Carrying one in the cases takes up loads of space, so little 'uns car seat backpack is her carry on luggage for the plane.

Other uses - sending kids off with grandparents, going to stay with friends in someone elses car - essentially think about whenever you are not in your own car for any reason.

I have to say though, even is you are puzzled about it's usage, you've got to think it's more massmarket that a light shaped like a teapot don't you. Such a shame they weren't taken to account on their "market research" where everyone suggested that the teapot idea was rubbish and the backpack sounded useful.

Yes, How come that was never brought up in the boardroom? Apart from the French using cars a lot, it was passed over. Melody as good as screwed the team because she didn't like the backpack and tailored her market research to prove that, even though it wasn't right.

I think the pitch to La Redoute neatly summed up Susan. The buyer expressed some concern at the price. Helen explained that she felt with children and safety involved she was confident that people would pay it and even said something like "We working mums are busy, we will pay for safety and convenience". If she is a mum or not it seemed to work as the buyer looked suitably impressed and gave her a little smile before ordering a quarter of a million euros worth or whatever it was.

Susan's response to the same question was to get in the car seat.

:facepalm:

Yes, How come that was never brought up in the boardroom? Apart from the French using cars a lot, it was passed over. Melody as good as screwed the team because she didn't like the backpack and tailored her market research to prove that, even though it wasn't right.

I just love the fact they did market research to see if the French drive! Did they get blindfolded and thrown in the boot of a car when taken there?

She should have had her arse handed to her with the market research of 'four people' in a metro station.

What CurryKitten said. The backpack is a great idea - we're going on holiday in a couple of weeks with the nipper and are getting trains and a taxi at the end. So I'm going to have to lug a MASSIVE car booster seat about 300 miles.

We got straight online to buy one of the backpacks but they start at age 4.

One thing puzzled me in today's show. What was the point of the car seat bag? Melody questioned it but nobody seemed to explain. Why would a child carry around their own car seat?

Well I ordered one after seeing it on the show. We're off to Italy in August and USA next year and instead of risking putting a car seat through check-in (you'd be amazed how many disappear or get broken) we'll be taking one of these instead. It's a genius idea.

Well I ordered one after seeing it on the show. We're off to Italy in August and USA next year and instead of risking putting a car seat through check-in (you'd be amazed how many disappear or get broken) we'll be taking one of these instead. It's a genius idea.

I have been convinced, it was a good idea. My thinking was that kids young enough to need that sort of seat are utterly dependent on their parents and don't have very adventurous lives, so they wouldn't really benefit from the freedom afforded by the backpack. I only remember using a seat like that when I was so young that I didn't really go anywhere without my parents.

I reckon it'll be zoe and tom for the final. Or it could be jim if he keeps his head down :D

Helen all the way.

I actually fancy Tom to get there too if his CV stands up to scrutiny in the interview stage.

Tom's weakness is leadership, not so much his decision-making, but rather enforcing his authority. I think in real-life, his nice-guy approach would work well but on the Apprentice, you're dealing with all sorts of egos so it's not as effective.

I think Tom in the interview stage would do very well; he doesn't strike me as someone prone to making outlandish comments.

Helen, Jim, Tom and Melody are probably the top 4 at this point. Helen to win it.

That was the moment where I went from thinking she was just a bit of a cow to pure loathing. At last we have our pantomime villain.

I didn't really understand the point of Karen having a go in the boardroom at Susan for her questions, not all European countries are as car mad as the UK. And everyone on The Apprentice says dumb stuff all the time.

To be honest though, that task was about as ridiculous as Apprentice tasks can get. 'Let's send a team out to canvas the market, but not give them a picture of the product! That will demonstrate their abilities!'

I wish I could stop watching it, I'm sure my IQ has dropped a few pips after every episode.

I wish I could stop watching it, I'm sure my IQ has dropped a few pips after every episode

It really is awful, the worst it's ever been. I didn't watch it on Wednesday because I'd had enough, but it popped up on iPlayer and I succumbed :facepalm: I think it's only the prospect of a few LOLs in this thread that will keep me watching. Not sure I'll watch the final though, no matter how awful they are Sugar praises them rather than look like he's made a duff choice.

Helen is more of a polished Stella from last series; quite unassuming and doesn't get noticed too often. What, other than the pitch, did she do? Melody at least did say right at the start that it was a game and not about making friends (that was her, wasn't it?), but yeah, to do over her team was poor form.

Leon was useless over a number of weeks, but how Natasha is still around is a mystery. Tom should have gone for lacking the courage in his convictions though.