All things Monster Hunter - MHF/2/U - MHP3 and Tri

Quexex

Missing the second stick was my main problem with it... Cpp later, got used to the position and I play it online more on 3ds than wiiu. 3u had a better framerate on 3ds than wiiu (3ds was 48 to (30 in big areas) dropping - wiiu was 30,dropping)

Just realised 4s horizontal camera doesn't snap anymore :o

Someone made the siliconera.com headlines ;)

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/20/pixel-artist-reimagines-monster-hunter-as-a-game-boy-color-game/

Not sure the GBC could really produce a game like that, but I do like those images.

haha, gone mad that mockup. I got over 500 faves on twitter and almost as many retweets it's been going for 3 days now, slowing down a bit tho. I will expand it again when the game comes out and I have more monsters to draw, probably do an anim next I think.

Hot diggety, MHP3rd HD runs seemingly perfectly on PPSSPP, has the English patch and you can speed emulation up to zoom through gathering/mining. Doing the rounds after each mission has a distinctly Benny Hill feeling to it.

This might just tide me over until MH4U HD, wchich definitely isn't something I just made up ( :()

post-24630-0-68484400-1422381724_thumb.j

Thats the predominately PC online subscription based one (older versions where on 360) also ps3,vita iirc. Last I checked it's based of MH2 engine so doesn't have engine improvements from 3/4. It has some monsters from them.

MH3U looks bloody amazing after having played MHP3rd up to the Zinogre urgent. Such a shame they didn't implement taking screenshots, even in offline mode.

I'd forgotten how ridiculously slow the start is. 6 trips in and out of Moga Woods before you even get to hunt any proper monsters.

Having gotten to High Rank in the past, and then putting the game aside, I have recently gotten back in to MH3U in preparation for the new title. How could I have forsaken this wonderful experience so? It is somehow even better than I remember it being. And all because I seemingly can't get that PSP emulated one above to work at all. Suffice it to say that, come next Friday, I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE AND READY TO RIDE!

It is amazing that even at this point, I still get "Oh SHIT" moments. Like, playing online and doing the 'Mud Brothers' HR3 quest, not only is 2 Barroth's onscreen enough to blow my mind, but when we get invaded by something that I had never seen before that is twice the size of Barroth (that I later discover to be Deviljho), it makes me wonder how the series isn't everyone's favourite thing ever? 120+ hours, and STILL surprising me! My self-imposed media blackout of MH4U will hopefully pay off in a similar way.

it makes me wonder how the series isn't everyone's favourite thing ever? 120+ hours, and STILL surprising me! My self-imposed media blackout of MH4U will hopefully pay off in a similar way.

Bravo, instead they come here telling us it's clunky and how the collect X Mushrooms quests were endless and how they gave up at Great Jaggi, I just feel sorry for them.

Having never gunned in MH3U Low Rank, the Volvidon gunner armour and Rathian Light Bowgun are a face-wrecking combo. Attack Up (M), Normal Up, Evade +1, rapid-firing Normal S Lv2 and both armour and gun are pretty easy to make. Feels like Easy Mode against monsters which are happy to try to engage you from a distance.

Can't believe MH3U has me in its grip again. Destroyed Rathalos and repelled Ceadeus with shots spammed to the face to reach High Rank once again in about 18 hours.

I still remember getting to High Rank for the first time in MHTri online and realising :omg: there 's a whole other set of materials :omg:

This is truly the series of the ages, going to be so gutted if MH4U HD doesn't happen.

You know the thing where there's one last material you need and just can't get, and when you finally get it, one of the Shakalakas got 3 of them in the same quest? Yeah, that thing.

Took down the first Jho you meet on that High Rank Jaggia quest in my now-beastly Attack Up (L) Volvidon gunner armour with a powered-up Normal shot spammer. I don't have any dung bombs yet, so I carted when he jumped on me and chomped me up. I heard a shiny drop just as I died, raced back to the scene of the crime and sure enough, Deviljho Talon :hat: I almost immediately fucked it up by accidentally combining it with my Powercharm when I was trying to make more ammo to finish him off, but I got lucky and ended up with a Powertalon instead of garbage.

This game is even more fun when you know it inside out. How? Howww?