All things Monster Hunter - MHF/2/U - MHP3 and Tri

Quexex

Need some advice chaps:

I'm still working my way through the village quests - I just been told to go get rid of caedeus. At the moment I'm wearing full Barioth armour, but I can also make the following:

Duramboros

Diablos

Rathalos

Lagiacrus

Uragaan

Are any of these worth grinding out, or should I just stick to my barioth for now? They all look awesome but I'd rather not 'waste' time grinding armour that is either no good or will be replaced as soon as I hit high rank quests.

Also, when should I make the jump to the port quests - even the solo ones? Should I attempt them now, or finish the village completely? Once I start on the port ones, should I just forget about the village stuff or do I still need it?

Cheers.

Don't waste too lmuch time grinding low rank (or high rank!) armour, just keep upgrading your weapons when you can. Full Great Jaggi and armour spheres is really enough to get you through low and high rank. A more useful thing to grind right now is gatheing in the Volcano for armour spheres and charms (plus multiple Bnahabra parts on each run if you bring poison smoke bombs!).

The gear you'll have from completing high rank village will mean you'll sail through low rank port while high rank port is fine if you have good monster knowledge and can lay out high DPS with your weapons of choice.

Once you jump to port, the village is still useful for gathering resources with the boats and farm, and free hunting in moga woods for trading with the Argosy Captain.

• 2 weeks later...

Played loads of this today. Decided to try the hunting horn, and blinked about 4 hours later, with a Lagia Horn and a full set of Quropeco S armour. Added a few horns and some life powder to the mix, and now have a tidy little support role setup :)

I have long stints of playing other things, but whenever I come back to MH3U I always wonder why I stopped. It's a wonderful, wonderful game.

Hunting horn is a lot of fun! If you do decide to solo it - Attack boost skills are your best friend and play super offensively - concentrating on the head when you can (the anti deflection means you can always attack the head even on well amour ones)

Thanks Shynra - having loads of fun with it online, but will need to get back to the village quests at some point. Any recommendations for a decent HR horn that has Attack Boost? I've been using a Lagia Horn so far, for the stam negate and defense boost, and situational snow/mud/wind negate, but haven't had a chance to shop for something with attack boost that will upgrade well.

Thanks Shynra - having loads of fun with it online, but will need to get back to the village quests at some point. Any recommendations for a decent HR horn that has Attack Boost? I've been using a Lagia Horn so far, for the stam negate and defense boost, and situational snow/mud/wind negate, but haven't had a chance to shop for something with attack boost that will upgrade well.

What i did was:

Early armour:

Qurupeco Armor (mainly for Horn Maestro, Wide-Range +1 - boosted wide range to +2 with charms just to be kind)

then:

Rathalos Armor (mainly for attack boot + play with charms/amour to try and get Horn Maestro)

Early on I remember using Bagpipes a lot :)

But as a huntin horner - if you are not soloing you can have fun as a support char and do whatever you like! Just if you want to solo you really do need the attack up stuff and attack aggressively.

extra tip: With all chars some of moves have properties on them e.g the hunting horn smash X + A has 'Windproof' iirc so when i see a dragon going to swoop about and knock me off my feet I will thow out the X + A smash to use its Windproof property so im not effected by it.

I'm still yet to complete the Water Arena Green Plesioth/Royal Ludroth fight. It's te worst level in the game by quite a huge margin. Failed it AGAIN yesterday and I was HR40 with the highest in the room at HR150+.

We defeated a Lucent Nargacuga with little problem immediately afterwards, so not like we were completely awful or anything.

Anyway, HR41 now. Love this game.

Started a new job so slipping in quick hunts while waiting for shift to start or train to arrive on MHP3rd. So out of practice it took me three quests to realise the reason I couldn't activate rage mode on the dual blades was because I had the sword and shield equipped. :)

Be picking up a 3DS for MH3U as soon as I can, I can recall Moga Woods from memory, but running round unknown areas in MHP3rd has been weird.

Same, or at least, I'm trying to.

In other news, I've emerged from my busier than busy period at work, so went hunting on Friday night and reached G-rank! :D

Upgraded Rath Soul armour might do ok for a bit, but suspect I'll need to start working towards something a bit hardier before long now. Still love the HH though - switching between a horn for attack and def boosts, another for stam negation, and generally smashing things in the head with both.

reposting this just because it looks so awesome, I wonder if it will be like the bagpipes?

I Hope so - was expecting it to be a Hunting Horn but i guess it could be a hammer! It is nice to see some of these confirmed for Ultimate (non Japanese release) as most of these cool promos stay in japan!