All things Monster Hunter - MHF/2/U - MHP3 and Tri

Quexex

i jumped back on last night. My last play was over seven months ago so I was very rusty but it all came back and within an hour a Brachy, Zinogre, Stygian Zin and a bunch of I.Lagis went down. I'd forgotten how daft/excellent the armour sets are. And one lucky bugger got a skymerald from a shiny...

Online seems as populated (and pleasant) as ever, though I did get disconnected a couple of times.

Will defo be back for more. I was too chicken to bust out the long sword, preferring my lance and great sword, ie something that can block!

Look out for me, character's name is Batistuta :)

I tend to use a lance if it's my first time fighting something and then, once I feel confident I can beat the crap out of it with relative ease, I switch to SnS for subquent farming. I don't bother blocking with SnS - it knocks you back too far and drains too much stamina - but I like the style and speed of it. I'm quite a defensive player, generally (always play tanks in MMOs), so both lance and SnS suit my playstyle really well. I also use a hammer every now and again because knocking a great big dragon out cold is bloody satisfying!

Expect I'll be hunting again from a week on Sunday. My character's name is "Ash" (I'm not trying to catch them all; that's my actual name), but in the meantime my NNID is NerdyEyes, so other hunters feel free to add me :)

I'm only HR5, but seem to recall I'd just made a Worldseer's Bow, so will be good to take it for a spin!

I've mainly used Great Sword since starting the game and I followed this upgrade tree to get to the Myxo Demolisher, a great slime weapon:

http://www.kiranico.com/weapon/greatsword/myxo-demolisher

After that I farmed Rath Heart armour and upgraded a second sword to the Rath Gleamsword which uses the armour's +20 Fire boost:

http://www.kiranico.com/weapon/greatsword/rathalos-gleamsword

Now my attack is something daft like 1248 + 680 Fire damage.

The GS is cumbersome, but neck a mega dash juice and you can block, dodge and run around without worrying about tiring. It's very satisfying stringing together a long combo as the monsters tire out and then getting a succession of breaks and tail chops. If you gem/charm in sharpness or quick sheath you're laughing.

The best bit about GS is that it has an almost 360° of attack, and a high reach - great for knocking Rath out of the sky - great knock back chance and three critical charge options so you really can do some crazy damage if your timing is right.

I don't like capture quests. Or, more specifically, I don't like that you can only carry one trap and if you misplace it or the monster isn't as ready as you thought or it breaks out before you can tranq it, then you've basically wasted 20 mins +, like I just did trying to cap lagiacrus in flooded forest. He limped into area 7, I followed and dropped the trap. He got caught in it but almost instantly broke out as I was cycling through my items to get the tranq bombs. I'd even managed to bust his chest, head and back, which would have enabled me to get most of the armour finished.

What?

Sorry wasn't about for a hunt....

What - what I mean, pick a paw pass mission, then when selecting to eat food select the drinks at the end so milk + water or whatever the two drinks at the end of the menu list you have. Then observe animations + running one :)

Hr is more of a level indicator for multiplayer, it shows more of how much you play/how far in your missions you are rather than how powerful you are - as when you HR up (level up your hr) your stats do not improve. You only improve stats with new weapons armours and charms. HR up does allow you to select harder missions from the list.

HR only leveled up in multiplayer Tanzia Port quest (not village quests). You can do Tanzia port quests 1 player but generally monsters do have more health than village quests for multi player. (I solo'd them up to 1/2 way through G rank so perfectly solable)

To level up you need to do specific Tanzia port Key quests (not indicated in game check on guides) then a urgent quest appears. Once the urgent is completed you level up HR. After about level 10 it switches to level up system with points awarded per completed mission and need x points to level up.

Also, the game tracks any HR points you have earned throughout the game. Once you complete the Port 7* Urgent Quest the HR cap is unlocked and you will inevitably jump up a few extra levels. For example, I jumped up to HR 29.

The HR cap is in place to stop you jumping in online and doing any quests you simply aren't experienced enough to attempt. After that, it's vanity I suppose.

People online are always willing to help you rank up, so get online and search for the Key Quests for each Quest level that will trigger the Urgent Quest to unlock the next set of hunts.

I hope that makes sense.

Oh my god, the hunting horn :lol:

Hey that's my weapon of choice in this game :quote: I looked really cool with bagpipes early on 8-) You have to play really aggressively with them with attack boosts to get anywhere soloing.

But yeah, do looks silly :P (well you do get electric guitars alter on and pink bells!)

Still plugging away - farming Barioth for the armour and weapons. It's a fun fight. I've also killed Diablos and although his armour looks badass, I read it wasn't very good. Also tried killing Rathalos but I ran out of paintballs and lost him (how do you lose a massive bloody dragon?!?), then he spent most of the fight in the air where I couldn't hit him, so I ran out of time. :(