MS: Technology in unannounced 360 exclusives will 'far surpass' anything to date/KZ2

Roboplegic Wrongcock

Big words from MS

“We congratulate Sony and Guerilla Games for their efforts with Killzone 2, however this is only the beginning of a new wave. The current technology employed for certain unannounced Xbox 360 exclusives far surpasses what gamers have seen in any game so far. Gears of War was the beginning of this technological benchmark when released on the 360 and this lineage will be carried forward in the following months with exclusives that shall stand for a new definition of gaming experience and provide stiff competition for the opposition."

link

What a lot of bollocks. I'm not saying that the X360 can't be host to a game that surpass KZ2 visually, it's just that the statement alone screams of desperate attention seeking without providing any useable info or proof.

This reminds me a little of when Sony came out and said Burnout 2 was only possible on PS2, due to the way the EE handles physics, having clearly become sick of MS's constant touting of how much more powerful the Xbox was to PS2.

This has that same hollow ring to it, not least because Epic have already said that they reckon they've pushed 360 about as hard as it can be. In all honesty though, I hope it's not BS, I genuinely do hope they've got something in their '09 canon that raises the game again, the baton will then be passed back to Sony to top that. Great stuff. In fact I'm already wondering if either Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 will take KZ2's crown.

Non-issue of the millenium.

Maybe three secs when the game loads without textures, and people whine.

Unbeliveable.

At the risk of derailing the thread: Smitty, it happens everytime you enter a new area in Mass Effect. Not only is it visually distracting but the frame rate drops dramatically, so I'm forced to wait around while the game catches up with itself. It's by no means game-ruining but it does detract from the experience. Yes it's only for three seconds, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Yeah, the texture pop in with Unreal Engine 3 is so not a non-issue for me, I'm well fussy when it comes to immersion breaking shit like that. I'm a huge whore for visual consistency.

Anyway, this sounds like your usual fightin' talk but yay, exciting times ahead!

Non-issue of the millenium.

Maybe three secs when the game loads without textures, and people whine.

Unbeliveable.

Yeah, but it spoils the immersion, man!

There's nothing like 3 seconds of texture pop-in to drag me out of the reality of fighting hordes of alien-like beings underground whilst hiding behind a giant invulnerable worm that moves only when I shoot some glowing red pineapples from the ceiling.

:(

This reminds me a little of when Sony came out and said Burnout 2 was only possible on PS2, due to the way the EE handles physics, having clearly become sick of MS's constant touting of how much more powerful the Xbox was to PS2.

Except that was probably a real quote.

Ah, that would be the renowned spokesperson Noname McFictional then?

I like how you can't copy and paste text from that site.

We were talking to a Microsoft spokesperson who had this to say about Killzone 2 and Microsoft’s future:

“We congratulate Sony and Guerilla Games for their efforts with Killzone 2, however this is only the beginning of a new wave. The current technology employed for certain unannounced Xbox 360 exclusives far surpasses what gamers have seen in any game so far. Gears of War was the beginning of this technological benchmark when released on the 360 and this lineage will be carried forward in the following months with exclusives that shall stand for a new definition of gaming experience and provide stiff competition for the opposition.”

Now that’s what we call heavy, civil and pompous claim. Microsoft seems to have much more lined up for its communities for the following months to come and some of these announcements seem to be rather magnanimous in nature.

Javascript off. :(