IGNORED

The Premiership - Official Dressing Room

SaintM

Because you should be playing Podolski! Not that it really mattered in the end, mind...

I've only just switched from Podolski to Klose actually. I do like Lucas, but I think Toni works better on the right, and I generally prefer right footers playing on the left, so it has to be Klose. They're all good though.

this is why i should be in the league to challenge milly he will go around saying he's shit and destroying you all each week :o nice results though :) guess youve clicked with them lol

Going around saying I'm shit? I was playing shit last week . It wasn't some elaborate bluff; I took a week off and wasn't playing well as a result - as a succession of defeats to Tyler, Sith and then Wincho would suggest. I'm back playing a bit more now, and my level has risen.

But anyway, I won't tank anyone else in this league like that. I got a lot of luck last night, and it's worth pointing out that Tsunami has by far the worst team in the Prem. Roma are only good if you can find a way to get Totti into the game, and my defence did a good job of smothering him all night, so it was pretty tough for him.

I've only just switched from Podolski to Klose actually. I do like Lucas, but I think Toni works better on the right, and I generally prefer right footers playing on the left, so it has to be Klose. They're all good though.

They are all good, and now with the American in the mix, they're even better.

I just used to stick Klose out of position down the right wing (as Schweinstieger and Altintop are pretty average and he has some pace) and Podolski on the left side of attack. He bangs loads in with the outside of his left boot into the top right hand corner. More so than I found Klose did with his right.

They are all good, and now with the American in the mix, they're even better.

I just used to stick Klose out of position down the right wing (as Schweinstieger and Altintop are pretty average and he has some pace) and Podolski on the left side of attack. He bangs loads in with the outside of his left boot into the top right hand corner. More so than I found Klose did with his right.

Cheers, I might give Podolski a run on the left in practice then. I play Donavon wide right, and his lightning pace works a treat out there.

Ah jesus not looking forward to my next games. :)

Any news on the big 2nd v 3rd clash? Or any other games for that matter.

I'm used to all the games being played by this point in the week. We were such swots in the Championship last season.

barcelona (mack) 4 - 1 (saint) aston villa

aston villa 1 - 6 barcelona

barcelona-fc_000431_MainPicture.jpg

2 good wins and barca at the top of the table - first game was pretty even with villa guilty of spurning chances and maybe a lucky goal or two for barca.

second game was a bit more comfortable for barca, 3 first half goals pretty much decided the result.

good games mate and gl for the rest of the season

102.gifmackenie (4 - 1) SaintM 2.gif

Villa scorers: J Carew 56

Team avg rating: 6.73

Match stats

FC Barcelona	-	Aston Villa
12 Shots 5
11 On target 3
56 Possession 44
17 Tackles 20
1 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
2 Corners 0
91% Shot acc 60%
82% Passing acc 78%

2.gifSaintM (1 - 6) mackenie 102.gif

Villa scorers: G Barry 45

Team avg rating: 6.09

Match stats

Aston Villa	-	FC Barcelona
6 Shots 19
3 On target 11
45 Possession 55
18 Tackles 15
2 Fouls 0
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
1 Corners 1
50% Shot acc 57%
71% Passing acc 85%

Bouyed by some decent performances in friendly games over the last few days, I went into these matches with an open mind. 180 mins later, it was the same old story. Woeful defending and an inability to keep the ball costing me dear.

Barcelona were good value for their wins, the pace and strength of Eto and Henry repeatedly waltzing through the Villa back line.

Back to the drawing board!

Cheers for the games mate, you should be comfortably top-half this season.

Running stats

Top goal scorers

4 - J Carew

1 - G Barry

Highest rated - (Team avg: 6.54)

8 - N Reo-Coker

7.75 - J Carew

7.75 - G Agbonlahor

Have you heard anything from Tsunami Mitchell? I'm getting the cold shoulder. He's been online since I sent my PMs and no reply to messages on the site. He's clearly trying to psyche out my Inter boys.

Nah, nuffink. Popped a couple of messages on the site but no reply yet. I bet he's beavering away honing his formation and he'll trounce us. He's LULLING US IN.

0,1020,639602,00.jpg

Shared honours between Chelsea and Man U

vidic_goal_585_464173a.jpg

Chelsea 2 - 4 Man U

Chelsea 4 - 2 Man U

Well, mixed feelings here. Was caught napping at the start of the first, conceeding a whole two minutes in and never really recovered as a result. The Chelsea defence was shambolic, the team out of shape, possession and, by extension, chances were hard to come by. Despite a couple of squandered chances towards the end of the 1st half for Chelsea it was a relatively easy victory for the reds.

The second was a much closer affair. My defence pulled together a little better. I kept possesion far more comfortably and made more bountiful chances as a result. It was 2-2 around 60 mins in, but I think Porko overextended himself going for the six points and I caught him out a couple of times late on to secure my first win of the season.

Shared honours between Chelsea and Man U

Chelsea 2 - 4 Man U

Chelsea 4 - 2 Man U

Well, mixed feelings here. Was caught napping at the start of the first, conceeding a whole two minutes in and never really recovered as a result. The Chelsea defence was shambolic, the team out of shape, possession and, by extension, chances were hard to come by. Despite a couple of squandered chances towards the end of the 1st half for Chelsea it was a relatively easy victory for the reds.

The second was a much closer affair. My defence pulled together a little better. I kept possesion far more comfortably and made more bountiful chances as a result. It was 2-2 around 60 mins in, but I think Porko overextended himself going for the six points and I caught him out a couple of times late on to secure my first win of the season.

Cheers Joe, two great games which I enjoyed. As you say the first was one way traffic for the first hour, but there were signs of a Chelsea recovery when you scored two consolations, and the second match was a much tighter game, which you did well to win. I thought when I brought it back to 2-2 that there might've been something in it for me, but credit to you for scoring two nicely taken goals on the counter.

I was pleased to get my first win under my belt, and I think 3 points each was about right.

Hi Chaps,

Just to let you all know Ive let SaintM know I wont be continuing in the league this season. New commitments at work mean I just dont have the spare time in the evenings to keep on top of my league matches and practice enough to give you all a good competitive game. Like I said to Mike I am sorry not to have made this decision right at the beginning of the season and given someone else the chance to play in the prem but hopefully by letting you know now it will minimise disruption for everyone else.

Id just like to thank you all for making it such an enjoyable league and providing some of the best online gaming moments Ive had, not to mention a couple of not so good ones as experienced last week against Miner Willy :eyebrows:

Good luck to you all for the upcoming season, it will take something special to prize Mr Willy's hands off the title.

So then... whaddawedoo?

There is a guy on the waiting list, but I don't wanna pop a new, untested, chap straight into the prem for obvious reasons.

I could pop Baring into here with Tsunami's team (or he can keep his own), and the guy on the waiting list goes into the Championship, with Baring's (or Tsunami's) team.

That would probably be the best option, ya think?

Oh my. Sorry to hear you're going Tsunami, I for one am devastated that Milly will lose his +18 goal difference.

What to do now you ask Saint, hmm. It's quite messy really with Baring already having played Championship games. I know it kind of makes sense for Baring to be slotted in but in the same breath he did get demoted to League One and shouldn't really be fast-tracked anymore than someone else.

Who's the guy on the waiting list?