rllmuk
Vin

Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Bioware Points are usually pegged at the same price as Xbox Spacebux, but I wish they'd just sell it in fucking Earth currency.

Yeah, Overlord's bloody great. It's got some fantastic set pieces in it as well.

Love fighting on those huge Satellite dishes with the Geth dropping in

I think Overlord is somewhat underrated. Yes, it makes use of the made-out-of-tissue-paper Hammerhead hovercraft, but everything else is brilliantly done.

"The square root of 906.01 is 30.1, it all seemed harmless." :(

I think Overlord is great, except the aforementioned Shitmobile.

post-16-0-48634600-1405109648_thumb.jpg

The resting, head back, eyes closed animation happened at just the perfect time...as they're holding hands. I love these guys. And this game.

• Upvote 6

Who needs remasters when you have a PC with a texture packs...

49717564353_41eebf34ca_o.png

Well yeah but you still can't play ME 1-3 with a pad on PC now can you?

Bloody remaster them will you EA?  I'd pay cash money for ME1 with the ME3 combat engine you hear...

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Well yeah but you still can't play ME 1-3 with a pad on PC now can you?

Bloody remaster them will you EA?  I'd play cash money for ME1 with the ME3 combat engine you hear...

Well, I've been playing the ME series on PC with controllers for years now. 

There are mods for all that ails you.

Although, I'm not keen on many of the texture packs for the games. All of them have elements that are okay, but they tend to go too far off the beaten track and kind of fuck things up for me. I still find the originals the preferred way to play the game - when you jack up the resolutions to stupid levels everything looks fine.

Aye, playing with a pad here, it's a very simple mod.

As for the texture packs, as I hope you can see from the above screenshot, I haven't gone crazy, just gone for the mods with the higher res versions of the original textures. Playing in native 4k60, and it is glorious. 

This ten year old game still holds up brilliantly today. :wub:

• Upvote 1

Wait, you had to mod them to use a pad?

For fucks sake EA!

Yeah, required mods. Don't know if it was EA or Bioware to blame. Or both. Either way it's a colossal fuck-up. 

But hey, a simple mod fixes it. :)

• Upvote 1

Can someone link me up with info on HD texture packs and playing with a controller - never played any of them and now might be the time to start.

Register with nexusmods.com and search for Mass Effect :)

• Upvote 1

Now hang on just a fucking minute. I was just talking to Jack, where she opens up about here past, she ended the conversation with "thanks for asking."

It's actually, "so fuck you, and thanks for asking", which is what I remember and is in myriad YouTube vids of that conversation. 

So what prissy cuntflap censored my fucking game? Wath it a an overly thenthetive modder, or EA meddling? :angry:

It might be dependant on gender? I have this half baked notion that it's down to the romance/lack thereof. Could be way off though, it's been a long time.

53 minutes ago, Thor said:

Now hang on just a fucking minute. I was just talking to Jack, where she opens up about here past, she ended the conversation with "thanks for asking."

It's actually, "so fuck you, and thanks for asking", which is what I remember and is in myriad YouTube vids of that conversation. 

So what prissy cuntflap censored my fucking game? Wath it a an overly thenthetive modder, or EA meddling? :angry:

Definitely says 'so fuck you'. Didn't matter what gender, as I've played through with both male and female.

Wonder if it slightly changes depending on how long the conversation goes on for? I know you can pump her for all sorts of info at that time?

I went through all the options, because I always do. It's not a romance thing as that comes after.

Just now, Thor said:

I went through all the options, because I always do. It's not a romance thing as that comes after.

Not a mod you've installed by mistake is it? Or one that does a number of things, and also selects 'puritan' as your default character choice ;)