rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Finished once and immediately started a second run. Great game.

I avoided this thread until the first run was complete and I'm sure it's been mentioned, but the combat is much improved on the Hardcore setting. I wish I'd used it for my first playthrough.

I'm sure we will see more from the Mass Effect IP after the trilogy is done with. I must admit, I've never played the Halo games; but they're more about the action aren't they? rather than being rich in plot and narrative. Forgive me if I'm wrong on that point though.

I'm really enjoying how the Mass Effect 'universe' is developing. It's a pretty rich setting, so it'll be a shame if we only see this trilogy of games.

Next up: Mass Effect MMO. :facepalm:

You heard it here first. (edit: second). :doh:

You should definitely get the Shadow Broker DLC, Meh.

Definitely.

I'm going to take a short vacation from ME for a few weeks, first. It seems it's all I've been playing for about two months.

Next up: FF13!

:facepalm:

Finished ME2, finally.

One of the absolute best gaming experiences of any gen.

Completely agree. Its just an amazing game, with so much in it but not in a way where your ever lost- and the story really builds perfectly.

I'm going to take a short vacation from ME for a few weeks, first. It seems it's all I've been playing for about two months.

Next up: FF13!

:facepalm:

That's exactly what I did earlier this year - Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, then Final Fantasy XIII, in that order.

And FFXIII was my favourite of the three.

So Lair of the Shadow Broker was immense.

Best dlc so far (for any game imo)

some of the best vistas, great boss fights, some of the best cutscenes in terms of cinematography

(the shot where Varis is injured, dripping blood we go from looking at a blood footprint to skimming along the ground to her stumbling)

and the final set piece and environment was some of the strongest work in ME so far. It really fleshed out the universe for me very nicely.

Regarding the end though, surely the way the Shadow Broker's lair was laid out with armour customisation, weapons research centre, it was hinting at this ship being some sort of hub in ME3? I got the feeling Shep would end up hiding out there during the conflict with the Reapers or evading Cerberus or the Alliance or something.

I avoided this thread until the first run was complete and I'm sure it's been mentioned, but the combat is much improved on the Hardcore setting. I wish I'd used it for my first playthrough.

That is so true. I watched my girlfriend play it on the normal difficulty setting and she barely used her powers because she just breezed through with her powers. However, ME1 obsessive that I was, I put it on Hardcore immediately and had tonnes of fun because you have to be tactical, react fast, think about where you're putting your team mates to maximise their firepower, and really think about which powers to use and when. In fact, I've only died three times on this, my 2nd playthrough, and I'm eight hours in, so I think I'm going to crank it up to Insanity for a bit of a challenge.

Although, that could be a mistake as I'm about to investigate the second colony... Fucking Praetorian!

• Downvote 1

So Lair of the Shadow Broker was immense.

Best dlc so far (for any game imo)

some of the best vistas, great boss fights, some of the best cutscenes in terms of cinematography

(the shot where Varis is injured, dripping blood we go from looking at a blood footprint to skimming along the ground to her stumbling)

and the final set piece and environment was some of the strongest work in ME so far. It really fleshed out the universe for me very nicely.

Regarding the end though, surely the way the Shadow Broker's lair was laid out with armour customisation, weapons research centre, it was hinting at this ship being some sort of hub in ME3? I got the feeling Shep would end up hiding out there during the conflict with the Reapers or evading Cerberus or the Alliance or something.

Sounds good, how many hours gameplay did you get out of it in the end?

Sounds good, how many hours gameplay did you get out of it in the end?

oooh about 3 and a half hours I reckon? A solid evening. 800 points is the limit for this though in my reckoning.

That's exactly what I did earlier this year - Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, then Final Fantasy XIII, in that order.

And FFXIII was my favourite of the three.

I don't understand how this could possibly be true.

• Upvote 1

This thread is that pub from trainspotting.

Garwoofoo just walked in wearing a Rangers/Celtic shirt (delete as appropriate).

Ulala is Begbie.

• Upvote 2

It was free. <_<

I had it with the FF13 console, because it had the huge HD. Its shit. Trust me. I completed it but it was a struggle to do so.

How anyone can think its better than ME (1 or 2) is beyond me.

Got back into this after i found out i could xfer my saves from my XP version.

Its amazing that despite the fact the planets levels are linear - they're still amazing. I don't think i've felt this immersed since Frontiers.

Just a shame you can't land on all of them (although i presume the DLC lets you see more of them).

But anyway, depsite similarities in the bases (which can be explained anyway) the actual levels are fantastic.

I bloody love this game. Brings back sweet memories of KOTOR and I have only played part of it (13 hours, or so) and downloaded the Cerberus Network pack. Amazing.

I finally picked up ME1 after having it on my list for about a million years. Any advice? SAhould I crank up the difficulty off the bat or anything?

Nah, just leave it on normal. If you end up actually enjoying the combat, you can always hike it up on another Game+ playthrough (where it improves an awful lot).

How is the Shadow Broker DLC triggered? I'm on my second playthrough at the minute and have yet to meet up with Liara. I only want to do her initial story parts for now and not accidentally get involved with the dlc bits. Cheers

Liking how Kasumi has dialogue for early parts of the game if you are doing a new run through. Nice touch :)

I've had about five massive nerdgasms since I started the game. It's like it's custom designed to hit that sci-fi gland in your brain that gets tickled by space stations and holograms of galaxies.

• Upvote 4

How is the Shadow Broker DLC triggered? I'm on my second playthrough at the minute and have yet to meet up with Liara. I only want to do her initial story parts for now and not accidentally get involved with the dlc bits. Cheers

You'll get a message at your private terminal when it becomes available, should be after you meet Liara in Illium.

How much did the Bringing Down The Sky DLC cost when it came out? Just played it (came on the second ME1 disc which you install) and thought it was pretty crap. Would've been annoyed if I'd paid for it.

While the repetitiveness of the side missions/planets definitely comes through I find them quite mind-numbingly relaxing, and often there's a fairly decent story pay-off to them. I tend to do a few of them and then break them up with a chunk of the main game or the Citadel. I've grown really quite attached to my squad, the idea of playing ME2 with a bunch of different people upsets me :(

As revlob said, the dlc trigger after you meet her on Ilium but it is recommended that you don't play it until after you've completed the main story game.

:)