IGNORED

Mass Effect 2: More waxing goddamn nostalgic.

Vin

That's not just limited to her - Overlord's many virtues do not include NPC dialogue.

Really? ;)

That's disappointing and worrying. I expected at least some dialogue from Legion/Jack (given how their stories are somewhat mirrored in the events from the DLC).

I hope it's not a sign of things to come with future DLC.

Really? :rolleyes:

That's disappointing and worrying. I expected at least some dialogue from Legion/Jack (given how their stories are somewhat mirrored in the events from the DLC).

I hope it's not a sign of things to come with future DLC.

Think about it for a minute, Sarge, it's really not surprising at all. For what you're asking for, they'd have to call back the entire squad cast to record flavour dialogue and much as we'd all like that, it's just not practical, especially when they factor in how often certain characters are used and how busy their VA is. Miranda'll be off doing Chuck or something, Legion's busy on the run hiding from lunatic Teabaggers, Mordin's probably doing another musical, Grunt's most likely booked up from here to next summer because he never stops working, etc.

All they really need - and get - is Meer, Hale and a couple of random/regulars who happened to wander in for coffee that day (usually Zaeed, Simon Templeman, Claudia Black or *shudder* Cam Clarke).

I started the game, got the code, then restarted, went for Custom Face, and inputted the code. It was only so I could use my old Shep's face, but give her a nice new hairdo. I don't think the code quite translates the old face though, does it? It's the old face, created with the improved engine, so it seems a little bit different somehow. It's subtle though.

Having said that, I think she's a bit better looking now. Less girly, a bit older, and wiser looking. Still got the pink eye shadow though, and the bleached blonde hair.

I really liked her voice as well. It's also one of the reasons why I took her along when doing the Overlord DLC.

I'm taking her on most missions now, since I did her loyalty quest early in my new playthrough. I like her super move where she vanishes, and reappears behind a baddie, and POW!! :rolleyes:

Think about it for a minute, Sarge, it's really not surprising at all. For what you're asking for, they'd have to call back the entire squad cast to record flavour dialogue and much as we'd all like that, it's just not practical, especially when they factor in how often certain characters are used and how busy their VA is. Miranda'll be off doing Chuck or something, Legion's busy on the run hiding from lunatic Teabaggers, Mordin's probably doing another musical, Grunt's most likely booked up from here to next summer because he never stops working, etc.

All they really need - and get - is Meer, Hale and a couple of random/regulars who happened to wander in for coffee that day (usually Zaeed, Simon Templeman, Claudia Black or *shudder* Cam Clarke).

You're absolutely right, it's just a shame that some of the characters might never speak again. Most of them are leagues ahead of the 'husks' from the first game and I was hoping the DLC would eventually start to focus on them again with other events from their past coming up or them becoming more integrated into the Normandy and more pally with Shepard. (offering their opinions on what he/she is about to do, etc)

Oh well, here's hoping they can bring back some of the cast if they decide to be an expansion/for some of the future DLC.

And please, for the love of all that is holy....bring back the option to land on planets after the mission complete screen. It can be limited to the DLC planets, but they need to bring it back. (I foolishly thought that I'd be able to land on the Overlord planet later and collect the rest of the data packages. :eyebrows: My fault really, but the option to just explore would be nice.)

:( Came across the 'silence' bug in Samara's loyalty quest for the first time.
@moose, I think so.

Thing is, this is my fifth play through the game, and it's the first time it's happened, however it's my first play through where I haven't bothered to install the second disc...

You so and so. It has happened in every one of my 5 playthroughs, I assumed it always happened. I just don't know what Samara and Morinth say there! Maybe I should switch on subtitles.

EDIT: I have both discs installed

Despite completing ME2 once with Jane Shepard, I'm now doing a "proper" runthrough, one where there is romantic history between me and Liara. Kind of gutted me the first time through, when I realised I'd picked the wrong game save, and I was in some alternate universe where she and Jane never got nasty with each other.

The idea was that Jane loved Liara so much, she would "save" herself. No romance for her in ME2. I ended up taking Kelly to my quarters though. :( She meant nothing however. Just "letting off steam".

Kind of glad I held off with all the DLC as well, as it's fun playing it within the body of the story, rather than after. In short, I'm addicted all over again. It's a marvellous game. A few different things have happened as well:

Conrad Verner turning up on Illium in replica Alliance armour

made me LOL.

Is there any more DLC on the horizon?

What would you say the easiest class is to play through as? I'm looking to start an insanity playthrough with a new shepard and would like to make it as easy as it possibly can be. I've already done a playthrough as a vaguard but wouldn't mind doing that again if that's the easiest option.