Nine Inch Nails calls it a day

DonRumsfeld

Saw them last Sunday in Brum.

Prior to the gig there had been some kind of muscle show type thing at the NEC - the women looked amazing!

Also NIN were on top form - a bit more of the earlier stuff would've be welcome.

Am on the train home now. That was a brilliant gig. Fought my way to a decent position nearish the front.

A lot of recent era material leaves me fairly cold but IMO the set had only one major lull and the fantastic production elevated everything significantly.

Was on the fence about going last week, tonight I'm so glad I went.

I thought it was going to be one of the shittest gigs ever for the first couple of songs (when it looked like just samples etc for the music and fuck all in way of a stage set), but luckly they pulled it out of the bag; turning the lights on and getting the live instruments out!

No, at £25 they were a fiver more than the maximum I was prepared to pay. Kind of wish I had now though. Was intending to, to replace the one I got in about 2007 which is now far too full of holes to even wear round the house.

Yeah, I had a look beforehand and didn't think much of the designs or the prices but after the show I felt like I wanted something commemorative and went for it anyway.

I wish I'd got a poster instead/as well now.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Gotters said:

first listen and that could almost have come from Pretty Hate Machine.

Or Hesitation Marks, which was recycled everything else. Probably my least favoured record.

He needs to get back onto the coke and booze. If anyone else wrote this track they'd be accused of ripping off NIN.

Very nice video though.

I've long maintained that most artists were at their best when fuelled by copious amounts of drugs and alcohol.

Makes you wonder what medication Bowie was taking during Blackstar, or was that just raw genius?

Maybe not so much the direct substance abuse, but more the 'dark places' some of these artists end up.

I loved Year Zero, and most of The Slip as well. Although after the hiatus I was expecting more originality from Hesitation Marks I suppose. This is what happens when you innovate with each album before rutting into a particular sound. Maybe he needs to sack off that Atticus Ross.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14 July 2017 at 12:30, Fallows said:

Or Hesitation Marks, which was recycled everything else. Probably my least favoured record.

He needs to get back onto the coke and booze. If anyone else wrote this track they'd be accused of ripping off NIN.

Very nice video though.

Meh - Hesitation Marks was great - his best record since Downward Spiral - it is to all intents and purposes Downward Spiral 2

But yeah this was a great track but the EP less so.  Would be nice if Trent could do a record where he actually does a set of material with like melody and hooks and a whole other record where he just fucks about which is what most of the rest of the EP sounds like..

• 2 months later...