IGNORED

Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

Uzi

Just now, phillv85 said:

Anyone using an arcade stick on the Xbox Series X? The only stick I can find that is definitely compatible is the Hori Alpha stick. There must be others? 

there’s always the brook adaptor if you already have a stick

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Since getting my Oled switch, I’ve been buying a fair few arcade style games, Capcom Arcade, Street Fighter Collection, various shmups… so I picked up the 8bitdo Arcade stick.

Being wireless, it means I can use it with my Switch and PC without much hassle.

I’m not keen on the hardware it comes with, the stick is very loose and the buttons are a bit spongy, but I have an old Madcatz Soul Calibur PS3 stick with sanwa parts so I’m gonna swap them over and that should help the situation. 

Other than that it’s a nice package, it’s solid and weighty, has the option of Bluetooth / 2.4ghz / usb. I quite like the NES aesthetic too. 

Now I need a converter for Dreamcast / Saturn!

13 minutes ago, PikaStu said:

Since getting my Oled switch, I’ve been buying a fair few arcade style games, Capcom Arcade, Street Fighter Collection, various shmups… so I picked up the 8bitdo Arcade stick.

Being wireless, it means I can use it with my Switch and PC without much hassle.

I’m not keen on the hardware it comes with, the stick is very loose and the buttons are a bit spongy, but I have an old Madcatz Soul Calibur PS3 stick with sanwa parts so I’m gonna swap them over and that should help the situation. 

Other than that it’s a nice package, it’s solid and weighty, has the option of Bluetooth / 2.4ghz / usb. I quite like the NES aesthetic too. 

Now I need a converter for Dreamcast / Saturn!

I have the brook convertor for DC/Saturn - works great with a stick. I’ve not tried with my 8bitdo stick though. I can give it a go later.

2 minutes ago, watusi said:

I have the brook convertor for DC/Saturn - works great with a stick. I’ve not tried with my 8bitdo stick though. I can give it a go later.

Awesome, is that the Wingman? I have that in my Amazon wish list, really should pick it up!

I had hoped maybe the stick would work with the Retrobit 2.4ghz adaptor but sadly not. 

On 07/05/2022 at 19:51, PikaStu said:

Button and stick swap complete. Sanwa components from the Madcatz Soul Calibur Tournament Fight Stick. 

That's interesting. I've got an old Dreamcast stick which I modded with all Sanwa components but I fancy a nice new wireless stick. Might try that myself.

I'm looking at buying a Brook converter so I can use a PS4 arcade stick and/or Switch arcade stick with both the Astro City Mini and Taito Egret Mini.

Having looked into it I can see that the MegaDrive/PC Engine converter works for Astro City and the Wingman SD works for the Taito Egret?
Rather than having to buy two, does anyone know if Brook makes a converter that will work across both mini consoles?