Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

On 06/03/2021 at 12:18, joffocakes said:

TEStick.thumb.jpg.096a763d2c4d7cc78a926b9f060029f6.jpg

KONBO! I never went but bought a tshirt from them, looked like a completely Awesome place with a good crowd.

I've recently got a Brook Wingman SD adapter to use on my Saturn, connecting the PS3 SF4 Fightstick TE remaps fine in Arcade mode but looks like I'll have to remap the 360 HRAP EX-SE.

Also does anyone have any recommendations on what to modify on those sticks to make a decent all rounder or is it best to keep one for fighters, one for everything else? I mean I'm pretty happy with both, the HRAP buttons are a bit....clacky :D

You might be able to tell that I've recently got them down from the loft and am looking to get back into using them :)

The LS-32 in your ex:se is a great all-rounder. Buttons are great too, though you might prefer the more hair trigger sanwa buttons if you're into your fighters.

I like seimitsu buttons much better, personally. I can drop bombs just resting my fingers on the bloody sanwas.

LS-40 is my favourite from all the levers I've tried. It's the cats tits for shmups! It's very close to the 32 though, not much in it.

22 minutes ago, ImmaculateClump said:

The LS-32 in your ex:se is a great all-rounder. Buttons are great too, though you might prefer the more hair trigger sanwa buttons if you're into your fighters.

I like seimitsu buttons much better, personally. I can drop bombs just resting my fingers on the bloody sanwas.

LS-40 is my favourite from all the levers I've tried. It's the cats tits for shmups! It's very close to the 32 though, not much in it.

Superb, thanks for the advice! Will remap the Brook to it and see how I get on.

What’s the best stick I could get for a Series X at the moment? Let’s assume price isn’t a concern, within reason, but availability is. If it helps, £150 would probably be my max but if something was amazing I’d be tempted. 

I'm in the process of modding a standard HRAP EX, which comes with a Sanwa JLF and some fairly below-par Hori buttons, but yours should have Seimitsus in already, @merrychan. If you're hating those, definitely grab yourself some Sanwa OBSF-30s (or OBSN if you want screw-ins).

The older HRAP models aren't the breeziest to mod, though - when I took the bottom plate off the EX I was confronted with this. You have to take the carriage bolts off before you can access everything from the top. If you have a socket you'll have it done in no time, but it took me an hour of fiddling around trying to get a pair of pliers into the recesses to sort everything out. :P

The wires to the stick are soldered to the microswitches, too, making swapping it out a lot more of a faff. There probably isn't a 5-pin connector on the PCB either. All this was surprising to me - the stick's from 2008, not 1995!

Edit: it's not finished yet (need screws/screw covers and maybe the proper Egret II button colours), but this restoration of an absolutely minging Q4RAF is coming along alright.

On 22/03/2021 at 09:49, merrychan said:

KONBO! I never went but bought a tshirt from them, looked like a completely Awesome place with a good crowd.

I'm through in Glasgow and only managed to visit a couple of times. Played long sets of 3rd Strike and had a good time (got battered). Nice n chill since it was a cafe, shame it had to close. I did get a tshirt too though!

Some Japanese sellers on ebay are flogging those for over £300, @Treble! I'm not sure if that's representative of the going rate, but I find Hori's themed/branded sticks tend to go for a lot more than the standard versions - there's a 360 Mushihimesama stick that's no better than a HRAP EX (the one with the cheaper Hori buttons etc) but usually four times the price.

Wow. Excellent work, Treble!

I thought the days of getting bargains on auction sites were over.

There's a thing on ebay now where if the item sells for a price the seller isn't happy with, they can just cancel the sale so long as they do so within the hour after the auction ends.

I bought this jumper for my sister a few months ago as a surprise. She'd been after one for ages but they were always going for too much.
Got it for a really decent price. Got an email minutes later saying the sale had been cancelled and the reason was "buyer changed their mind".

Emailed the seller to ask what had happened and they goes "Oh, there was a big hole in the back of the jumper that I didn't notice"
Likely story.

What the actual fuck?! The differences are unreal: on Japan Yahoo auctions, if some fucker tries sniping you at the last second a further 5 minutes is automatically added to the closing time. 

I've bought countless items that are listed as 'junk' because they're untested (and therefore dirt cheap) and every one of them worked. Fast shipping. Nothing missing. 

And what do we get over here? People scamming you saying something didn't arrive. People saying stuff is 'untested' meaning 'categorically smashed to pieces'. Slow delivery. EBay themselves letting sellers dick you around. What a shit show :angry:

Here's that mad catz stick I bought last week. As you can see it's been well loved, the top panel art was scuffed and just didn't look great so just finished some modding:

fb8gKg8.png

ivQ221w.jpeg

Haven't put the stickers on yet, mind leave it clean. Thoughts?

PS as it's a metal top you can decorate with fridge magnets too :) 

2jeLVR9.jpeg

Bottom plate had signs of rust and scratches:

ETJ3eGx.jpeg

Used some cheap carbon wrap to hide it (i'll likely do this again as not too happy with my cut out around the sticker)

Iqu8WKe.jpg

Total cost to mod : £2.88 for the vinyl and a little bit of polywatch on each button to buff the scratches out

Is the hori fight stick mini any use? Anyone know what shape gate it has?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already.

I'd really like a decent, small stick that doesn't look ridiculous stashed under a TV.

I've currently got two Dreamcast sticks, modded to PS1 insides. They look a bit silly in my living room.

I thought it was excellent for a relatively cheap little thing. Unfortunately after no more than an hour of it’s first use one of the buttons stopped responding so it was sent back. On reading afterwards quality issues aren’t uncommon. 

Seems to have a square gate here, bplus. There's not a lot of room inside and the buttons are soldered to a PCB, so it probably isn't something you could upgrade later (or at least not easily). Might be alright as something to mess around with, but to be honest, I'd recommend checking ebay now and then for Switch HRAP V or PS4 HRAP 4 Kai. You'll get a good deal on one of those if you keep an eye on new listings. The mini one is cheap but could end up being half the total cost of a lightly-used HRAP. :)

Edit: you can change the gate without much hassle, if that helps.

This comment doesn't really belong in the Arcade Stick thread, but I've successfully remapped the Brook Wingman SD correctly for the 360 HRAP EX-SE and it is absolutely brilliant.

Looking to get plenty of Garegga, Silvergun, XMen/Marvel vs SF, SFZ2' and Elevator Action returns in at the weekend with it!

21 hours ago, Klatrymadon said:

Seems to have a square gate here, bplus. There's not a lot of room inside and the buttons are soldered to a PCB, so it probably isn't something you could upgrade later (or at least not easily). Might be alright as something to mess around with, but to be honest, I'd recommend checking ebay now and then for Switch HRAP V or PS4 HRAP 4 Kai. You'll get a good deal on one of those if you keep an eye on new listings. The mini one is cheap but could end up being half the total cost of a lightly-used HRAP. :)

Edit: you can change the gate without much hassle, if that helps.

Thanks for this. Unfortunately the only fight sticks that I think look good are custom sanwa jobs on Etsy. Shit. Too much money!

• 2 weeks later...

Made myself a cheap hit box. zero delay usb encoder, sanwa red and seimitsu white buttons a cheap £20 box off eBay. It’s quite nice, I might swap the case out for a better one if it ends up getting some use. 
about £45 total I think. 

1E8BB3BA-236C-48AA-B315-45D26FFAB1E5.jpeg

Absolutely cannot justify the $400 plus sales tax plus whatever shipping costs are and whatever import charges I'd have to endure but I really like the look of the Victrix Pro FS sticks.

I like that they can be opened easily and have detachable sticks to more easily slide into a backpack. Plus I want a stick with a headphone jack. Maybe I'll wait for some Strive/Street Fighter 6 sticks to appear.

I want them to do a pink one for Dan.

https://www.victrixpro.com/pro-fs-street-fighter/pro-fs-sagat

I don't know anything about arcade sticks but I bought a Hori Mini Fight Stick Mini off the forum recently, mainly for use in shmups (which I don't really play...).

Anyway, this small bit of plastic under the stick is loose and rattling and can be pulled up and down. Is it supposed to be like that, or should it be glued to the base somehow? Should I super glue it?

image.thumb.png.4cbbc04deb15bc4a61bf4523e88d5848.png

Also, the whole thing seems a bit light when I'm playing games and lifts off my desk slightly. Is there a way I can easily mod it to make it heavier? Short of putting rocks inside it, I mean.

That's a dust cover,  it's meant to be like that. Don't glue it down!

19 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

mainly for use in shmups (which I don't really play...)

Yes mate, yes you do. That's it I'm afraid, no turning back :D

Maybe you could blue tac it down on to the desk? I impulse bought some "nano gel tape" the other day when buying something else and I don't know what to do with it. That might be just the job. No good to you sitting in my drawer, but you might see some when you're out.

Cheers both. I will leave it alone.

Re. the weight, I might try getting some rubber friction pads or something similar for the feet. It's not a massive problem and I suppose something you might expect for a stick of this size.