Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

Thanks for that!

I put the original actuator back in just to check the issue wasn't elsewhere, it seemed OK and now having given the Kowal another shot it seems to be behaving now. Maybe it needed to be seated just so or it was a bit of a breaking in issue or something.

Quite relieved I don't have to embark on a potentially quite expensive merry-go-round of trying out new levers to be honest.

On 22/05/2020 at 21:32, Rsdio said:

Just finished putting Sanwa parts in my new stick which I definitely did not need and probably should not have bought with new consoles imminent and compatibility uncertain. I keep wondering if I've been a fool buying it and paying extra for some stupid metallic buttons. Then I look at it again and I'm like.. 'Nah.'

IMG_2266.JPG.c0cc99e933e9eea005a79b6372f0fd53.JPG

Oh, my. :wub:

• 6 months later...

looking for a bit of advice. I bought a MadKatz Xbox One Killer Instinct fight stick back in the day, which was awesome, but I have not used it for years now. I tried it on PC today, and it just doesn't seem to work on games other than Killer Instinct. I tried other drivers, but some of the buttons are not recognized. Looking online it seems I'm screwed, and obviously MadCatz went bust a while back now.

Can anyone recommended a good fight stick that just works on PC that I can buy easily? Looking to pay around £100 or so. I see a lot say Switch/PC, PS4/PC etc, but do they actually work properly on PC in terms of all the buttons being recognized? Street Fighter 4/5 Soul Calibur etc? 

Thats odd. I have a Madcatz TE and the MvC lesser version they released not long after, and both work on my PC/laptop with no issues whatsoever.  :unsure: I also have a Hori HRAP for PS4 which is always a pain to reconfigure for PC use.

I know that doesn't help your plight, but surely there's a simple but non-obvious solution?

23 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Thats odd. I have a Madcatz TE and the MvC lesser version they released not long after, and both work on my PC/laptop with no issues whatsoever.  :unsure: I also have a Hori HRAP for PS4 which is always a pain to reconfigure for PC use.

I know that doesn't help your plight, but surely there's a simple but non-obvious solution?

Yeah, you would think it would just work considering it was for Xbox and Microsoft are Xbox. The problem I have is the trigger buttons just do not seem to be recognised. It works fine on Killer Instinct on PC though.

Using a Brook converter from Xbox One to PS4 might work. Much cheaper than buying a new stick (under £40) and buying one of quality similar to that Mad Catz stick would probably be at least £150 these days.

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/brook-wingman-xe-controller-adapter-xone-360-elite-series-2-controller-to-ps4.html

Alternatively you could just pop the stick open (very easy on that model) and switch the connectors around so that the two right-most buttons are your useless RT and LT. You'll still have a functioning six button stick for the majority of fighting games that way.

3 hours ago, Sumire said:

Yeah, you would think it would just work considering it was for Xbox and Microsoft are Xbox. The problem I have is the trigger buttons just do not seem to be recognised. It works fine on Killer Instinct on PC though.

If the stick has 8 buttons, you can normally assign what L1/R1 & L2/R2 do via the switches on the stick itself. Does neither configuration work? Because it could be a loose wire inside or a faulty switch/button. If its 4 buttons (2 of which you don't normally use in fighting games) not working you have problems.

You really need to test it on a game that lets you see the inputs onscreen via the config menu as you're pressing the buttons. 

Also, i just read Joffo's idea of opening the stick and swapping the wires to the only 6 buttons you'll need. DO THAT! And test each button/connection one-by-one.

Yeah thanks guys, some good things to try there for sure. I was looking at new fight sticks, but if I can get this to work obviously that would be awesome as I love this stick. It sounds a bit lame, but I love how the buttons light up lol.

On 28/11/2020 at 00:46, joffocakes said:

Using a Brook converter from Xbox One to PS4 might work. Much cheaper than buying a new stick (under £40) and buying one of quality similar to that Mad Catz stick would probably be at least £150 these days.

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/brook-wingman-xe-controller-adapter-xone-360-elite-series-2-controller-to-ps4.html

Alternatively you could just pop the stick open (very easy on that model) and switch the connectors around so that the two right-most buttons are your useless RT and LT. You'll still have a functioning six button stick for the majority of fighting games that way.

I bought that adaptor and it doesn't even recognise the stick. I will swap the buttons I think. Do you only need 6 buttons for stuff like Street Fighter 4 and 5?