Rllmuk Arcade Stick Thread

Uzi

Just called Madcatz and got pretty much blown off on the phone.

Apparently they have had loads of calls regarding dodgy fightsticks so all complaints have to be emailed to them.

I'm going to email them now to see what they say regarding replacements.

Hopefully they will courier me a replacement sometime in the next 48 hours with an upgraded replacement sanwa stick.

Either that or dark me off for 8 weeks until the next shipment come in.

I emailed them as requested and got a call back within an hour to say that they would collect today via a courier. So they seem to be dealing with it quite well, and I think its better/quicker for them to have the address in an email to save on confusion. I wasn't given a turn around time, but I'm being surprisingly zen about this.

I emailed them as requested and got a call back within an hour to say that they would collect today via a courier. So they seem to be dealing with it quite well, and I think its better/quicker for them to have the address in an email to save on confusion. I wasn't given a turn around time, but I'm being surprisingly zen about this.

That sounds more promising than I was expecting, hope you get a replacement fast :)

Oh dear.

In light of this pretty reasonable sounding behaviour I suspect I may have overshot on the indignance factor in my email.

Ordered all my parts for my custom stick - going wireless on PS3 - considering retaining the rumble as well. so far excluding the cost of a Sixaxis/DS3 I've put down about 60 odd quid I don't think the case is going to cost me too much more than 15 quid in parts excluding buying any tools (I need a decent work bench).

Will post pics once I get things moving.

Currently going for a a Japanese style 6 button layout with start, select and home on the back plate. Also going to add pinball style flipper buttons for R2 and L2 to the side so I can use it for pinball games! Custom sticks FTW!

What don't you like about Happ? What makes you think they are shitty?

Some people prefer them, it's a matter of preference.

To be fair, the buttons ARE shitty compared to the japanese versions. Stick is certainly a matter of preference*

*Although it would be a nightmare trying to play VF on a happ stick

If we did 30 TE sticks at rllmuk, that's between £3000-4500! We should set up a buyers collective and buy stuff like that at discount in future. I'm still pissed that I cancelled my original Shopto order and ended up getting one from Game. I'll never doubt them again.

Is there an up-to-date list of people with TE sticks?

Am hoping we can get to 30 – 1% of all TE sticks owned by Rllmukians.

Updated list, I browsed quickly through the thread:

Uzi (President) (Feb 19th)

Rex Grossman (Feb 12th)

Fusty Gusset (Feb 18th) (2 x 360, 1 x PS3)

Kevvy Metal (Feb 19th)

jiroczech (Feb 19th)

BMH (Feb 18th)

Mr. Gerbik (Feb 18th)

geldra (Feb 18th)

moosegrinder (unknown)

Gamst (Feb 20th)

RagingAvatar (Feb 18th)

dogsout (Feb 18th)

Ghost (Feb 19th)

Revival (Feb 18th)

U-1 (Feb 20th)

TommyG (Feb 21)

guage (Feb 19th)

Syntax (Feb 19th)

Lyrical Donut (Feb 19th?)

andrewwd (unknown)

Yiggy (Feb 24th)

Pusher (Feb 18th)

DangerM (today hopefully?)

That's a lot of stick for just one forum!

Edit: 23 then, nearly 30! If anybody is not yet on the list, please let us know and post your name!

Yeah deffo get them trimmed!!

So am I right in assuming my marks are wear and tear and completely normal? Is everyone getting wear marks from the washer? No idea if the marks were there before I started using it!

Anyone else getting wear around their stick on the TE?

It's amazing how SFIV has brought on the arcade stick drought. All webstores sold out, ebay prices going through the roof, sanwas being the must-have accessories of 2009. :)

I just noticed that most of the 'most viewed items' on playasia are sticks as well.

The Hori EX2 I got for £19.99 new is now going for over £75 on the flea bay.

Crazy times >_<

I got a TE stick from game delivered today, so add me to the list :)

Well mine is still being picked and packed by Game. Guess that means I don't qualify for the list yet.

Has been that way since about 4pm yesterday. I'm getting concerned that they've screwed it up. How long does it take to post something?

Updated list!

Uzi (President) (Feb 19th)

Rex Grossman (Feb 12th)

Fusty Gusset (Feb 18th) (2 x 360, 1 x PS3)

Kevvy Metal (Feb 19th)

jiroczech (Feb 19th)

BMH (Feb 18th)

Mr. Gerbik (Feb 18th)

geldra (Feb 18th)

moosegrinder (unknown)

Gamst (Feb 20th)

RagingAvatar (Feb 18th)

dogsout (Feb 18th)

Ghost (Feb 19th)

Revival (Feb 18th)

U-1 (Feb 20th)

TommyG (Feb 21)

guage (Feb 19th)

Syntax (Feb 19th)

Lyrical Donut (Feb 19th?)

andrewwd (unknown)

Yiggy (Feb 24th)

Pusher (Feb 18th)

DangerM (Feb 24th)

willmill (Feb 24th)

dr zoidberg (Feb 24th)

As Rex said, almost 1% of all TE sticks worldwide!

How easy/hard would it be to mod a snes stick to work on a 360? (lack of buttons not withstanding)

I have one of these that has barely seen any use and is still in it's original box with certificate and it's always bugged me that it never got any action to speak of...

Top_Fighter.jpg

it's a wonderfully chunky piece of kit and I'd love to get it working somehow. Cheers

Ooo i have one of those, my dad got it me one day randomly...only thing is i never had a fighting game on the snes so it never got used lol

Edit: Apparently only 20,000 were made? I would be interested in modding it, if it is possible?