IGNORED

Photo Competition - February 2009

Mercury

Subject: Vibrance

Closing Date: 8PM, 3rd March 2009

The subject for this month's Rllmuk photo contest, as chosen by last months winner, rev-happy performance, is:

Vibrance

The contest is open to anyone on the forum. Don't worry about your standard - this is just for fun - but hopefully it will help people improve their photography, whatever level they're at. To aid this, feedback and constructive criticism are encouraged.

Rules

- Photographs must be taken by you - no nicking them off the Web

- Photos must be taken specifically for the contest - get out there and get snapping!

- One picture per person.

- No excessive digital manipulation (i.e. adding a more dramatic sky from another photo to your picture, or creating negative images etc.). Cropping, and adjusting levels, contrast, saturation etc. is ok though.

- Equipment: Anything goes as long as the results can be seen from here.

- Voting takes place when the contest closes.

- The winner of the contest gets to choose the next subject.

- The closing date for entries is 8pm on the last day of the month. I will, however, give leeway to any pictures that come between this time and when I begin the voting topic. Best not to chance it though.

Any suggestions on how to make this run better are welcome in the rules discussion topic.

NOTE: Please do not post pictures in this thread unless they are valid entries for the contest (see rules above). Thanks.

Given that no-one had submitted an entry, I have changed the subject to that chosen by rev.

Cheers.

Andy

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :)

I went out and took a photo for the previous one today, i just came to upload it now :'(

HUFF HUFF HUFF.

Not doing one now.

What if people have been out snapping pics of the environment for the past few days? Time wasted now :lol:

Nono, it's not Andy's fault - it's my fault 'cause I came late with the new subject.

I was just very busy, and I just didn't get round to getting back on the forum. My apologies :(

If y'all feel the subject shouldn't be changed, then I understand, it's my own fault afterall.

If it stays Vibrance, I'll buy a beer next time to the ones who've already made a picture and bring along a plastic replacement toe for Dork Knight! :)

What if people have been out snapping pics of the environment for the past few days? Time wasted now :)

I'd like to think that time taking photographs is never time wasted.

I am going to leave it at vibrance but I do apologise if you have been taking photos based on the environment theme. I'll make sure the theme isn't changed part way through in future.

Andy

3297389121_8d2ed92157.jpg

Not edited too much, colours look funky on the kite because the actual colour is on the other side (from what I can gather.. not my kite you see!) so what you see is whats leaking through..

Nice although I think the one on the Random Photos thread said 'vibrance' more than this one.

yo dudes am working away from home, and cant up load my photo till the 3rd, will wack it up then, but if its too late thats cool,

loving all the colours so far :D

jx

Extended by one day. Hopefully give a few more people to get images up.

Would it be too late to make an entry tomorrow? I'm still in the middle of post processing at home, and I only have the nets at work. No worries if its too late.

Yep - already extended deadline to tomorrow night.