God of War 3

lol codes are going for about £14.99 on ebay this is why random sending them out does not work. should be like yank land you get a code if you pre order then the people who want the demo get the demo.

It wasn't random. Turns out everybody who opted in for promotional newsletters and the like with their PSN ID linked email got one. (In other words, Sony did exactly what it said on the tin.)

I guess a lot of commercial-mail hating peeps will opt in after this little affair...

Well that was underwhelming, to say the least! :D

I don't wanna be too harsh, but it felt like a bag of shit compared the the fantastic Bayonetta demo we were treated to a couple of weeks ago.

I've never played GOW before, but if this is anything to go by, i've not been missing much.

Oh well...

Well, it's a different game. Bayonetta is all about style and combos, comparable to DMC.

GoW is all about scale, epic set pieces and brutal action. Cool creatures as well.

Me, I think both are great for different reasons.

Also I don't reccomend playing the games on easy- normal is basically easy mode as it's such a walkover. Thats why I always play them on Hard mode, not because I'm good at combat games, but because it forces you to dodge and use combat and magic effectively rather than mash the athena blades through the whole game. I get a lot more enjoyment out of them that way.

Yeah the way I was playing, was just to mostly hold L1 and then either square or triangle. Was that using 'magic'? because I seemed to be able to always do it. So there didn't seem any reason to just press/hold square alone. Also didn't really find a big difference between the two weapon states you get in the demo. Unless it's just the whip thing reaches longer distances but without as much force? Also was the yellow bar the magic? What were the red orbs for? Shopping?

Yeah the way I was playing, was just to mostly hold L1 and then either square or triangle. Was that using 'magic'? because I seemed to be able to always do it. So there didn't seem any reason to just press/hold square alone. Also didn't really find a big difference between the two weapon states you get in the demo. Unless it's just the whip thing reaches longer distances but without as much force? Also was the yellow bar the magic? What were the red orbs for? Shopping?

Yeah red orbs are for upgrading your weapons and spells. The L1 weapon moves weren't magic they were just special weapon moves= stuff like the bow was taking up the magic meter but you get more traditional spells in the full games like summoning deals souls and stuff.

It wasn't random. Turns out everybody who opted in for promotional newsletters and the like with their PSN ID linked email got one. (In other words, Sony did exactly what it said on the tin.)

I guess a lot of commercial-mail hating peeps will opt in after this little affair...

:lol:

:D

Thanks for this info, I've made the necessary changes to my PSN profile. I wondered why I never ever got lucky with stuff like this, while a friend of mine who almost never turns on his PS3 and never ever bought a single thing from the store ALWAYS gets sent all kinds of codes for betas and demos!

Fuck, I want that limited edition badly. Hope the heavy metal soundtrack is as epic as I hope it will be.

For the true fans who have also played Chains of Olympus to death: how do the Lion-FUCKYOU-boxing gloves compare to the Gauntlet of Zeus? The gauntlet was easily my favourite GoW weapon ever, y'see.

I found the Cestus to be less powerful, though they're still awesome to play around with. Let's face it though, the Gauntlet was insane.

Im lost with this, how and who has the demo codes been mailed out to? UK PS3 members casue I have been getting there letters etc for ages but no show in my inbox :D

It's a great demo. Although I enjoyed GOWs 1 and 2, I found myself starting to lose interest part of the way through 2 - it seemed like the ideas well was running dry, and it all got a bit repetitive. Nice to see some of the new additions to 3 helping to restore a little freshness to proceedings.

• 2 months later...