Split Second

It looks astoundingly like Burnout Paradise. In fact the video is even tagged as such.

Clearly they're trying to show the Burnout Paradise fans about their new racer (possibly a Burnout Paradise killer?), which is why it's tagged with them words. Looking very intriguing!

i would say the same, but they made Pure which was probably my favorite game last year. So Im looking forward to it big time.

Aye, I don't dislike all arcade races. Pure was great (the demo) so I'm hoping to pick it up as a bargain sometime.

Disney did 'Pure' didn't they? It's not like they suck at racing games, I thought that was rather good!

You mean Blackrock did pure!

and.. I reckon they are doing some groundwork with Disney.. and will get snapped up by a larger company. ( if there is even a larger company out there :( )

Disney could become the new Namco!

Transformers!

My word; I just had a thought - imagine a game with Burnout racing, but with both car racing and platformer-based racing (like Mirror's Edge, but probably in 3rd person). That's a great Transformers game in the making right there.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping again because the Split Second trailer is out:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv...p;starttime=160

Racing through a city, with the whole thing style like a televised race. The gimmick seems to be traps set accross the course the racers can trigger, traps that deform the course in some way. Collapsing bridges, exploding water mains, dropping girders from a crane on your opponents - it sounds and looks amazing. I love Pure to bits, so I'm completely sold on this.

I am 'meh' on it so far. However because it has this 'tv' gimmick to it, a decent demo could see me get this.

Pure is very good, but I already have Burnout and an arcade racer, along with getting TDU, it will need to be fairly special.

Ohhh, that does look like a lot of fun. Burnout with added explosions. What's not to like?

I know it's a bit early, but I'd love to see a volcano-themed level like the Jurassic Park-esque one from Beetle Adventure Racing. Player 1 trigger T-Rex escape! Player 17 triggered lava flow! Yeah, that would be amazing. If this is to Beetle Adventure Racing what Pure was to SSX Tricky I'll be a very happy man.