New Aliens Vs Predator game!

samgrice

Not ignoring you dude, it's like those occasions where I forget my online banking pin. I thought they basically do the same thing - leap should knock a target over, but light attack does basically the same. But I could well be wrong, and am too comfy to go check. daPing will know for sure.

I've no idea what your pin number is :ph34r:

I mentioned it a few posts back but this thread is moving pretty fast - as the Alien (Focus Mode + RB) OR (Focus Mode + A) = focus leap onto target (aka, attack).

For the Predator, it depends what's in view. So you can be locked onto someone with Focus Mode held and at the same time have a jump target (the column) too. Pressing RB at this point attacks, pressing A leaps to the jump target. In this way you can jump down behind people, as shown by the amazing player in this video @ 1:10 -

In both cases LB & RB do exactly the same thing, there's no difference between the attacks.

Final point though:

The Alien's focus attack is always max range 20m.

The Predator's max range is 8m in normal vision, extended to 20m if you're in the right vision mode for the species.

(idly wonders if it'd have been quicker to copy-paste from the GDD)

Good battles once again, albeit just a few. Fazz and me both had dreams of being an Alien last night, running across the ceiling and hunting others, so it's time to lay off a bit.

I mentioned it a few posts back but this thread is moving pretty fast - as the Alien (Focus Mode + RB) OR (Focus Mode + A) = focus leap onto target (aka, attack).

(...)

In both cases LB & RB do exactly the same thing, there's no difference between the attacks.

I noticed how the leap while holding LT works with both RB and A. However, I feel when close to an opponent, RB will just make you slash while A will always make you leap. Is that just me?

Your quote. Speargun was prototyped but dumped at some point.

Ah, so there isn't a speargun. I was just going to remark I found a regular spear just now, in th main upper area on a box on the side.

Fazz and me are going at it again on Live. Feel free to join!

I'd have nipped on for some rounds but I was watching Alien. Should be on tonight if we get something going though as forumite neal before zod says he'll join us too (should he be able to get his arse off MW2).

That gameinformer review is a joke. As said it reads like the reviewer A) had an agenda against the game from the beginning or B ) was just terrible at it (omg running on walls as an alien sucks cause i get disorientated!!).

At the end of the day, the single player might not set the worl on fire for originality, but it has aliens, predators, pulse rifles, and come feb 19th its goign to have me playing it quoting aliens in my head every 5 seconds :P

When's the embargo officially up for reviews so they start to come pouring in ?

Majority next week I think, but as mentioned earlier not really got sight on what may come out of the US ... UK wise there's a couple I know of should be common knowledge by Friday

Majority next week I think, but as mentioned earlier not really got sight on what may come out of the US ... UK wise there's a couple I know of should be common knowledge by Friday

Good stuff, be interesting to see how they turn out.

Was listening to the 1up podcast from friday there and they had the guy Scooter on who's reviewing it. He seemed to quite like it but hadn't completed it yet with his only worry being if the campaigns mixed things up a bit in terms of objectives/setpieces and wondering if the difference species all meet up at certain points.

A fan on youtube named 'tidomann' has been putting together some excellent videos detailing the gameplay in various ways.

He's a pretty damn good player who really seems to have embraced the melee and species strengths.

Plus some little metagame videos.

I've only played three matches of this yesterday, but I'd love to join some of you in a few games later tonight ;) I've got XBL Gold again, so yay.

Anyone up for games around 11-midnight?

Yes, here. 11:00 UK time?

Perhaps Fazz, Mr. Gerbik and moosegrinder (among others) are willing to dive in once again as well? :lol:

A fan on youtube named 'tidomann' has been putting together some excellent videos detailing the gameplay in various ways.

He's a pretty damn good player who really seems to have embraced the melee and species strengths.

Got to love that internet.

Thanks loads for the links, will see if can get them shared.

So does the ps3 demo not work then? Managed to get one game earlier but nothing now...

Actually it works much better earlier in the day when the network is less busy ;) SEGA QA was getting into games regularly in ~~30 seconds, but it changes later in the day, as we suspected was the case - still got Sony looking into it