New Aliens Vs Predator game!

samgrice

Is that a yes to my quote, or a yes to the speargun? :lol:

Man, where's the top-posters-in-this-thread button? I have to be 'winning' by now. :lol:

linkster 199

Number 28 89

hanzo 64

Mr. Gerbik 49

moosegrinder 44

mr_woo 40

Sie 39

therealjohnpeat 37

McSpeed 35

SM47 29

Light attack definitely makes a huge leap too... (PC version)

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't in the Xbox 360 version. I tried it multiple times, holding LT and pressing RB just did a casual slash with better aim, while pressing A actually made my Alien do a huge leap. Odd stuff. What do you say, Fazz and moosegrinder? (And Linkster?)

Um, dude, there is a pistol, you've just never run out of ammo (up on the d-pad to select)

Ah, i've used the Marine's pistol, I mean the old pred pistol. You know, it fired balls of electricity in an arc. It was nice electrifying aliens and marines, but gave you one shot kills with added splash damage, and barely any energy cost.

Man, sometimes I think I know these games better than you... :lol:

linkster 199

Number 28 89

Zoiks...a lot of work to do.

I'm used to using the LT/RB to leap from a wall and slash at an enemy. I thought pressing A was just to jump but trying it whilst targeting an enemy last night seemed to do the same as LT/RB. I'll practice it some more tonight to see if there's any difference .

Anyone on later?

Ah, i've used the Marine's pistol, I mean the old pred pistol. You know, it fired balls of electicity in an arc. It was nice electrifying aliens and marines, but gave you one shot kills with added splash damage, and barely any energy cost.

Man, sometimes I think I know these games better than you... :lol:

:lol: yeah, I'm a fraud

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't in the Xbox 360 version. I tried it multiple times, holding LT and pressing RB just did a casual slash with better aim, while pressing A actually made my Alien do a huge leap. Odd stuff. What do you say, Fazz and moosegrinder? (And Linkster?)

Not ignoring you dude, it's like those occasions where I forget my online banking pin. I thought they basically do the same thing - leap should knock a target over, but light attack does basically the same. But I could well be wrong, and am too comfy to go check. daPing will know for sure.

I'm used to using the LT/RB to leap from a wall and slash at an enemy. I thought pressing A was just to jump but trying it whilst targeting an enemy last night seemed to do the same as LT/RB. I'll practice it some more tonight to see if there's any difference .

Anyone on later?

I'm watching Aliens now, but I might turn up later. Probably around 21:30 - 22:00ish.

Not going on for as long the past three nights though, I'd like to get some decent sleep tonight :lol:

Not ignoring you dude, it's like those occasions where I forget my online banking pin. I thought they basically do the same thing - leap should knock a target over, but light attack does basically the same. But I could well be wrong, and am too comfy to go check. daPing will know for sure.

Cheers, just trying to get it straight :lol: I really like playing as an Alien and could really see it get my specialization in the final multiplayer mode, but do need to know the exact controls for it.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Do the aliens dash around on all fours at all times, or can you go bipedal if on the ground?

Not that it matters, just curious.

Only the AI run bipedal. Never been quite convinced by the look of it. Something the movies cunningly avoided addressing.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Do the aliens dash around on all fours at all times, or can you go bipedal if on the ground?

Not that it matters, just curious.

They're on all fours at all times unless they do an attack (heavy? stealth?). I saw an Alien stand up in front of me yesterday......before I twatted him and shot him in the face.

They're on all fours at all times unless they do an attack (heavy? stealth?). I saw an Alien stand up in front of me yesterday......before I twatted him and shot him in the face.

I recall the moment in a game where moosegrinder and me where 'taunting' each other as Aliens by blocking, holding up up claws in a defensive stance. Pretty sure we where standing upright there.

I recall the moment in a game where moosegrinder and me where 'taunting' each other as Aliens by blocking, holding up up claws in a defensive stance. Pretty sure we where standing upright there.

yes, I meant only alien AI travel on two legs, they had to stand up to attack for the sake of the combat system

It's not a bad thing. better to find these problems early on. Though if you'd have gone the gamespy route there'd be people wanting your heart on a platter.
like I said earlier the most grating aspect with hindsight was disabling create and browse games for the demo, then at least people could have played it more easily. Gah.