New Aliens Vs Predator game!

samgrice

Holy shit. I just had the most AWESOME games with McSpeed and Fazz. We always tried to work together and in a couple of matches us three were the only Aliens with all the other players being marines and Predators - which meant that we were a-hissing and a-coming out of the goddamn walls like there was no tomorrow! Working together as a team is nothing less than brilliant in this game, you haven't lived until you've stalked a Predator with two other Aliens :)

We also used the Hiss button to identify ourselves if there was fourth Alien random in the game which meant that there was constant hissing coming from all directions. I like to think that it only added to the atmosphere for the marine players :omg:

But seriously guys, this is going to be fucking brilliant in Team Deathmatch and other special MP modes. I'm calling it - this will be the next Rllmuk multiplayer favourite.

Sounds good. :)

I would've joined but I was too deep into ME2. Which is rapidly becoming one of my fave games of all time by the way.

Anyway, I should dive into this as I like what I saw so far, but I still have to get to grips with the controls.

Sounds good. :)

I would've joined but I was too deep into ME2. Which is rapidly becoming one of my fave games of all time by the way.

Anyway, I should dive into this as I like what I saw so far, but I still have to get to grips with the controls.

Fazz and I agreed to give it another shot tomorrow night. Perhaps you can join us then?

Who needs Team Deathmatch when you can hiss around, eh? :)

05022010095.jpg

Karzee = Fazz

Shogun Bob = Mr. Gerbik

Joe McSpeed = take a guess!

I may have beaten Mr Gerbik there by 1 kill but him getting a 9 kill-streak as an alien is pretty damn good! And prior to Mr Gerbik joining Joe & me, we had about 4 or 5 games with Joe coming first in all of them.

Working as an Alien team is fantastic in this. Seeing a Marine, leaping down from the ceiling and giving him a slash or two, the marine blocking and melee'ing you, then your teammate leaping into the fray and attacking him from behind. Hunting together, running along ceilings, letting each other know what enemy they've seen or are currently fighting, getting revenge kills for fallen mates, it's all here. In one game there was a forth Alien played by a random and when he saw we weren't attacking each other he joined in with our tactics......it was bloody ace! And in the final game we had us three Aliens working together, and we noticed that the two Predators were doing the same, which made for a much tougher match.

Can't wait for this to come out. We HAVE to set up an online gamertag for this. We'll be on tomorrow night so if anyone wants to join us and try and get a full RLLMUK room, then I can promise it'll be a great time. We're playing the 360 version.

:) to linkster!

I'm gonna 2nd that one - it has to be hard listening to me whinge but under the network issues (and the fact it is just a free demo) there's the best chunk of Alien Universe gameplay ever in there - not a shadow of a doubt about it.

Runs well on my subpar GPU (8600GT) and by the time it's out I should have something nicer - and I understand it has considerable SP as well as much more varied MP - and it's under £20 (PC) online to - re-sult...

I'd buy the man a veggie curry but frankly I feel for his co-workers who must, by now, wish he was just a pizza guy like everyone else? :omg:

Definitely thirded! :)

Fourthed! :omg:

Since applying the patch I was able to get into a game in super-quick time.

Linkster, you're a legend for actually sticking around in this thread and handing out the advice, listening to the moaning and getting things sorted.

Definitely thirded! :omg:

I can already see these three hat tipping fellows be Aliens again tomorrow night :hug:

And I shall be around as predator/marine to hunt their asses, bring it on fellas B)

Starting to get a hang more now of the melee and counters/block etc. It was so fun as a marine to surprise a player by blocking them, knocking them to the ground and then sticking a load of pulse rifle rounds into them :)

Still sad to see the amount of hatred out there for it but hopefully the reviews will be good and the single player/other multiplayer modes will attract more folk.

My 360's still being repaired, so I DL'ed the PS3 demo.

Absolutely nothing I'm afraid; no games or even any sign of players at all. If anyone's got a few mins spare, they can add me and try a 'friend' game. PSN ID's TrebleTheta.

I initially wondered about the crouch, but thinking about it it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the mechanics of the game. 2 thirds of the classes are melee so ducking ain't gonna do much when you have 2 alien species bearing down on you :omg:

The smart gun...yeah, I did wonder that. It's such a small thing to pick at, but after the Pulse Rifle being so spot on it stuck a little. Not that it matters :)

The clue to what the game is about is kinda in the title. You can't exactly knock it if you'd prefer something else.

I was being positive, just saying that the vibe/mechanic style I get from playing the FFA gametype in the demo is really promising for the team game types.

Played about a half hour or so last night and it was equally frustrating and brilliant.

Frustrations: Controls. The Alien is a slippery beast to get to grips with. But by the end i was getting alot better and had gotten the hang of clinging to ceilings almost exclusively and staying off the ground as much as possible. Also realised that using the focus jump is the best way to try and kill anything.

The Predator, i had no clue how to do anything, aside form use the blades. Marines i didnt get to use thanks to the game not telling you how the hell you change races in the lobby.

Brilliance: sneaking up on an unsuspecting predator, whos hiding int he rafters trying to snipe people with his plasmacaster thingy, and skewering him with your tail and pulling off a flawless stealth kill. Leaping down from ceilings onto unsuspecting marines and ripping their throats out :)

At the moment its all a bit hectic tho thanks to it being DM and not Species DM. I think species DM will be alot more enjoyable, as i lost count of how many times i got a perfect stealth kill on a predator or marine only to have one of my own kind stab me right in the back as i was doing it. So far anyway, its a positive first impression and has done nothing to put me off buying the full game.

There seems to be only one in the level and if someone has it it doesn't respawn. To be honest, I'm finding everything but the Pulse Rifle (and MAYBE discharging both shotgun barrels at once) pretty useless for the marine. Now, the Predator's disc on the other hand...

The smart gun is definitely the best Marine weapon in the demo. The fact that it takes the place of both primary weapon slots and prevents you from running is a clue. I'm not sure what the alt fire targetting system is for though.

I've also had some success with the single shot rifle with the night vision-esque scope. Brilliant for putting down Aliens as they try to close you down.

I'm rubbish with the Predator! I want to be all sneaky, but of course that doesn't work with the Aliens running about, so I keep getting skewered. Is there any way to hide from Aliens?

I didn't really enjoy the demo. Free for all seems like a terrible way to demonstrate the game and it's a pain there's no instructions for how to use the Predator and Alien properly.

It hasn't actually put me off the full game though, I think it'll work a lot better in the other modes and the single player will be a better way of learning the game.

Marines i didnt get to use thanks to the game not telling you how the hell you change races in the lobby.

In the 360 version you use the stick to highlight the main picture of the currently selected species then press 'A' to change to another.

Is there any way to hide from Aliens?

Use the cloaking device and don't move.