Battlefield 1943

I picked this up on Sunday along with Broken Steel.

Can't wait to play with people who talk and will put up with my ineptitude

Please add me I'm 'drunknbaker'

I'll add the 'muk tag when I get in only 20 mins of work to go!

Heh, yeah Infantry can be deadly even at medium to long range. If you use single shots and short bursts you can even out-snipe a lousy sniper across a map. :P

That said, a decent rifleman or scout shouldn't have any trouble taking down an infantryman at longer ranges. It's all quite well balanced, I think.

Heh, yeah Infantry can be deadly even at medium to long range. If you use single shots and short bursts you can even out-snipe a lousy sniper across a map. :P

That said, a decent rifleman or scout shouldn't have any trouble taking down an infantryman at longer ranges. It's all quite well balanced, I think.

I swap and change depending on what I want to do, but they are all pretty balance.

Favourite kill of the day: ghosting a jeep up a hill into a rifleman's face.

Incidentally does anyone else sometimes have trouble with C4 disappearing? Several times I've run up to place explosives on an enemy tank, the throwing animation completes and I see it leave my hand, but then when I back off to detonate it nothing happens.

Hmmm. Tempted to get this, but a total BF noob. I assume you guys think it's a worthwhile investment?! Would seriously appreciate being added to friendslists, and I'll add you straight back, since I expect the game is leagues better when you know you're playing with people who aren't complete tossers :P

Yesterday - had some amazing games by myself, getting 16 kills per game and apx 350pts a game and bumping my score quite nicely.

Today - had some shocking games, maxing 8 kills a game people, vehicles and people not dying even though I was spot on with the shooting, rifle grenades not launching straight away, all very bizarre but still had a laugh.

OK I was wrong about two things;

Not liking this game, and the lack of lag.

For reasons I can't even explain to myself I went back to the game, and something started to click, it certainly helped to have a few games where I was on the winning side. I'm still a total fuck up, but I've managed to get over 300 points in a game and even come in the top 5, yay go me. Anyhow the only problem now is I'm a bit bored with it.

But tonight the lag bit hard, I spent about 5 minutes running towards a Jeep that was only about 10 yards away, running on the spot most of the time. It was like one of those dreams where you are trying to get somewhere but no matter how hard you try you can't get there ^_^

The lag was pretty bad tonight, as Joyrex says. Still managed to rack up about 600 points in one single tank on Wake Island, just by repairing it every few minutes and tearing across country, mowing down men as I went.

I now start to get annoyed by people who cant drive tanks. ^_^

Dont use third person when shooting.

Dont move and shoot if you dont have to.

Dont use the big gun if you can hit your target with the machine gun.

I sound like such an asshole. :lol::(

Weird thing happened tonight, was flying low over Mount Suribachi and my plane got taken out by an air-strike in mid-air - a real wtf moment!

Getting quite good at picking snipers off hills and shooting gunners in AA nests now - the latter is especially satisfying ^_^

Still crap at bombing tanks though.

If anyone wants to hone their flying skills I'd recommend putting in a bit of time on Coral Sea, which is great for learning how to lead your shots properly, by adjusting yaw with the left analog stick - really satisfying when you master it. And try and fly on the Japanese side as the Zero is much more maneouverable.

Any tips for using the mustang?

It handles like a steak house in the sky and is easily taken down with the zero :lol:

p51mustang_500.jpg

Corsair082.jpg

! ^_^

Erm, can't really say. Stay high I guess. Always try to get the jump on the Zero, cause if it gets the jump on you, you're fucked.

Awesome moment n Wake Island last night - having some really vicious fights, but was sat at the airfield capping the flag in a tank when I see a plane coming in low. It's clearly on a bombing run.

As it comes up, I line up the shot. It misses, I hit, and having just capped the flag I get a kill, vehicle destroy and defensive action bonus. I shot that fucker out of the sky!

Bought it and dived in yesterday. I didn't notice too much lag, but maybe I will when I get more used to it.

Was pleasantly surprised at just how accessible teh game was - in no time I was hooning around the map in a jeep, jumping out, laying dynamite, jumping back in, finding a vantage point and sniping whilst waiting for tanks to roll on over and then BOOM!

My aim is a bit shabby, but did some nice long distance headshots. I need to practice more with the other classes though and to get my eye in on the aiming.

Had a bout of Coral sea too, and was fairly reasonable though wasn't entirely sure how many of my shots were hitting home - did someone say that the reticule does something to show hits?

Bought it and dived in yesterday. I didn't notice too much lag, but maybe I will when I get more used to it.

Was pleasantly surprised at just how accessible teh game was - in no time I was hooning around the map in a jeep, jumping out, laying dynamite, jumping back in, finding a vantage point and sniping whilst waiting for tanks to roll on over and then BOOM!

My aim is a bit shabby, but did some nice long distance headshots. I need to practice more with the other classes though and to get my eye in on the aiming.

Had a bout of Coral sea too, and was fairly reasonable though wasn't entirely sure how many of my shots were hitting home - did someone say that the reticule does something to show hits?

red semi-circle under the target.

Any tips for using the mustang?

It handles like a steak house in the sky and is easily taken down with the zero :angry:

Sneak over to the enemy airfield/carrier, bail out and nick a Zero. Seriously!

Corsair's OK but the Zero easily out-turns it in a dogfight - I usually try dispatching them head-on if I'm in a Corsair as it has 6 guns over the Zero's four. This also means it kills stuff slightly more quickly on ground strafing runs but more often than not I'll go spinning into a tree or bunker as it flies a bit 'heavy' compared to the Zero.

If the guy in the Zero is inexperienced you might be able to get the drop on him by tapping/feathering the throttle, if he's going full pelt you'll be able to turn into him.

Yeah, you'll see a small red circle flash up on your sights - on Coral Sea try and adjust the 'lead' distance between your target and gun sights (if it is travelling across the screen) using the left analogue stick, until you see lots and lots of red flashes. The lead distance is actually a lot further than most people seem to think, try shooting when the lead is about half the screen width then moving the cross hair toward the target until you see those red dots.

Easiest way to get a kill is from a plane turning across your path, if you can hit the cockpit/pilot you'll bring it down in a few shots. It's actually far harder to kill a plane from directly behind, it has a far smaller profile than side-on, and you'll need to keep plugging its tail for ages, which leaves you completely open to attack yourself.

And don't ever fly straight up if someone starts shooting at you :lol: