Red Dead Redemption - Never coming to PC

Wickedkitten

That's sort of the point. Adding in DLC explaining who or what he was would be the equivalent of inserting a deleted scene into the end of High Plains Drifter where Clint Eastwood patiently explains to the little dwarf fella that he's actually the ghost of the dead marshall.

I still want to know that guy's story though. Everybody who has finished the story just says, "So who WAS that guy?". The game's finished, the story told, and there's still this unanswered question left hanging there. A loose end.

He probably was

God. All his tasks were morality quests, Marston's bullets went though him, when Marston said 'Damn you', he answered with 'Many people do' and when he says 'This is a nice spot' he was actually standing on Marston's future grave.

Oh ok. But he didn't act like God when I tried to shoot his hat off, he just ran off panicking.....a bit like this :omg:

I still want to know that guy's story though. Everybody who has finished the story just says, "So who WAS that guy?". The game's finished, the story told, and there's still this unanswered question left hanging there. A loose end.

It's supposed to be a loose end, though. The 'fun' is in the wondering at who he actually is.

I started playing this yesterday after my flatmate (who owns all games ever) lent to me. I didn't play it before because I dismissed it as I didn't like Red Dead Revolver, but fuck me this has to be the best game I have ever played. Everything is beautiful, the scenery, the atmosphere, the gameplay. Just riding around on my beautiful stallion with that disjointed ominous guitar music in the background is an amazing experience. The only thing which irritates me is the dialogue which at times feels contrived and really obvious that it's there to explain things to you as an audience, rather than a genuine exchange between two characters.

I still err towards the Strange Man (as I think he was called in the credits) being

the Devil, if only because of how morally ambiguous his quests are. From what I can remember, his quests arent' "Go and do this good thing", they're "here's a situation and I want to see what you do." That judging thing is something I felt sat closer to the Devil rather than God. That whole "I'm an accountant" line. Then there's the Death and the idea that it's Marston's manifest conscience as well.

My favourite part of the game that chap. His character model and voice-acting was superb.

EDIT: Oops, sorry Vemsie. I somehow missed your post entirely. :blush: Wasn't aware I was repeating much of what you said.

Today, I bought the sawn-off in the gunsmith in Thieves Landing. I then got on my horse, and tried to aim with it. My horse was moving and instead of drawing the weapon, Marston slowly slid off the back of the horse, reins still in hand, while I controlled the horse walking farther and farther away from him. The reins just kept stretching and stretching until I was about a hundred yards away when I tried whistling, which snapped me back to the saddle. This kept on happening, I tried everything including getting on and off my horse, getting on a different horse, setting up camp, trying all the weapons in the radial menu. It only stopped when I switched from my Winchester to the repeater carbine. Weird huh

I'd have been interested in this DLC a month or two ago, especially the online poker, but now we're coming out of the dry season for games and with two titles I've been waiting for coming out this Friday, I'll leave it until it drops to 400MS in a sale.

The problem with the Liars and Cheats pack is that they've included the Free-roam content previously planned to be free due to 'restrictions' placed on them by XBL/PSN, which I think sounds like a load of rubbish. I'm not interested in the paid MP stuff, but would have liked the extra things it added to the SP experience - but knowing it was supposed to be free makes it feel like a bit of a con now.

Has anyone heard anymore about the zombie DLC?

As much as I'd have preferred zombie content in GTA, I'm just glad that at least one of the DLC packs for RDR is single-player focused.

Not info apart from this...

With the Liars and Cheats Pack set to hit Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation Network next week, Rockstar Games has revealed new details on the Undead Nightmare Pack. Currently expected to follow shortly after the Lairs and Cheats Pack, the Undead Nightmare Pack holds a different proposition for players to that DLC which has previously been made available, concentrating on the single-player aspect of Red Dead Redemption.

Unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, the Undead Nightmare Pack will feature an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier. In addition to the lengthy single-player adventure, the Undead Nightmare Pack features brand new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and even a brand new secret location. All this, plus some new multiplayer modes and much more are set to be revealed prior to launch.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available simultaneously for download via PlayStation Network ($9.99) and Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points). More details are expected soon.

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/industry-news/5643-red-dead-redemption-undead-nightmare-pack-details-revealed

:)

The problem with the Liars and Cheats pack is that they've included the Free-roam content previously planned to be free due to 'restrictions' placed on them by XBL/PSN, which I think sounds like a load of rubbish. I'm not interested in the paid MP stuff, but would have liked the extra things it added to the SP experience - but knowing it was supposed to be free makes it feel like a bit of a con now.

What's the content that was supposed to be free, that they didn't add?

Liars and Cheats pack, eh...

So Rockstar are cribbing ideas from Treyarch now? Putting zombies where they don't belong? I haven't felt even slightly tempted to buy any of the DLC for RDR yet, and I consider this my game of the year. I guess the original RDR team has been drafted for GTA5 and the interns are producing all this nonsense. :angry:

I love the idea. I always wanted a GTA IV add on where the city would have zombies roaming, only small bands of survivors fighting left and right (a bit like the riot part of San Andreas)- radio station playing classic John Carpenter, and stuff like the "Monster Mash". Just to see how that world felt when something totally different was added to it. So I'm really looking forward to this one, much more than if you were playing as Big Chief Sitting Bull or some Mexican revolutionary. I'm sure there will be other chapters released down the line as well.

59960_497029415096_51752540096_7322933_2401065_n.jpg

Screens for Undead Nightmare. (trailer due tomorrow)

This fall, prepare yourself for a shocking original experience introduced to the world of Red Dead Redemption - with the Undead Nightmare Pack.

Unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, the Undead Nightmare Pack will feature an entirely new mostly single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier.

In addition to this epic new single-player adventure, The Undead Nightmare Pack also features brand new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and even a brand new secret location. All this, plus some exciting new multiplayer modes and much more to be revealed very soon.

The Undead Nightmare Pack will be available simultaneously for download via PlayStation®Network ($9.99) and Xbox LIVE® (800 Microsoft Points).

Dh6hg.jpg

tJi93.jpg

CsTzQ.jpg

3tfWQ.jpg

:)