The Last Guardian

Capwn

Ok so it HAS to happen this year right?? Place your bets!

Where will Trico be announced?

1) GDC

2) E3

3) TGS

4) On some random other day

5) Not at all

Post Release 

Edited by gospvg
added the start of post release discussion

• 3 months later...

It's definitely real, although it was probably made internally a while ago (like when the first image was released), just not released.

For comparison, here's the SotC/NICO unveiling:

THIS still gives me shivers. :lol:

Jesus Christ. If that is a fake then we have the most elaborate fake in videogame history. Nintendo ON move over.

If it's not a fake, I am slightly disappointed. I think the design of the boy especially was a little below their standards, and it was missing that desolate, windy atmosphere of the first two games.

From neogaf

So they finally showed this video, it's over a year old, can't wait to see what it looks like now, from what I hear, it's amazing. Wanted to post about this for so long but was asked kindly by my source not to say anything because at the time, few people had been shown the trailer.

This is old footage, very old

Like I said in the E3 thread, I love the idea but the look/feel of it, I hope it's changed in the year that's passed to be more like the older games. Dare I say it, this looked/felt a little....disney? Only a teensy little bit but enough for me to think it.

It's definitely real, although it was probably made internally a while ago (like when the first image was released), just not released.

For comparison, here's the SotC/NICO unveiling:

THIS still gives me shivers. :lol:

Yeah...but that atmosphere of that Nico reveal seems to be consistent with the series...I'm looking forward to seeing the latest look of the new one.

Jesus Christ. If that is a fake then we have the most elaborate fake in videogame history. Nintendo ON move over.

If it's not a fake, I am slightly disappointed. I think the design of the boy especially was a little below their standards, and it was missing that desolate, windy atmosphere of the first two games.

I think it's still there. I just think the trailer focused more on the boy and the cat-dragon-monster's friendship, than the atmosphere of the location.

Oh my! :lol:

I'd agree that the boy doesn't look quite right but that still given me more of a "I HAVE to play that!" feeling than anything for quite a while. The animation on the creature is fantastic and I can't begin to imagine what it all looks like a year later.

I like that there's a little bit of a different feel to Ico and SOTC but it's not entirely gone it still feels like their world.

I :D Team Ico.

Although this does mean I'll have to finally get a PS3 at some point

::comes back to life::

But yeah. WTF. Not that we didn't suspect after ICO, and get confirmation with Colossus, but Ueda is truly in a class all his own. There is nobody in our industry doing *anything* quite like this.

And btw, props to Sony for allowing an inventive and bold mind to, you know, be inventive and bold. It seems like common sense, but look at Keita Takahashi. Namco actually drove him out of the industry for a while, so intent were they on strapping him into an eternal Katamari-sequel machine.

the companion beast is too endearing not to have some heartstring pulling moments attached to it..

This, the animation on the beast is jaw dropping. When I saw all of the spears in the back of his leg while he was struggling to climb the pillar it made me quite sad, especially as it was shown straight after a quiet moment with the boy interacting with him. Even in that early footage I think I felt more for him than I ever did for Yorda in ICO. I feel this is going to be a very sad experience.

If it doesn't die, the little boy will. The only thing worse than seeing it slowly closing its eyes as the life ebbs out of it would be watching it nudge the kid's lifeless body, trying to coax him into standing back up again, then settling down, its tail curled around it, staying ever loyal by its master's side.

In fact it'll probably stay there throughout the seasons, growling and snapping at scavengers that come to peck out the little boy's eyes until it starves to death itself. It's a twofer.

It looks amazing. I fully expect to see that thing galloping across the plains while the kid holds on, fingers entwined in its fur (feathers), yelling and whooping and half losing his balance as he punches the air. And a Panzer Dragoon moment where the thing falls off a cliff and its stubby winglets erupt into proper wings as Bastion's Happy Flight from The Neverending Story kicks in.

Yeah. Where do I get one of those Sony games toasters from? I needs to play it.

It feels like a strange middle ground between Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, I'm pretty curious what they're going to do with it story-wise. I like how the beast is just a bit too big for its environment. It feels endearing and a bit frightening at the same time. On the other hand, it doesn't look as immediately amazing as SotC, but what does?

Oh.......

my......

I love how the background child look low spec while the creature is high spec but I think this may not be intentional. Is this an official leak? and yeah, you just know this is all about the friendship and how it's going to end but if the journey to get that moment works this could be one of the most powerful games of all time. It has the potential to be.

Love it. The animation was superb and really detailed and I loved the way they showed the eye reflecting light from the inside like a cats. Looks like a mashup of Colossus and Ico and definitely going to be pulling on the heart strings before the end. As Campfire says the flying sequence is definitely a shoe-in for the finale!

I love how the background child look low spec while the creature is high spec but I think this may not be intentional. Is this an official leak?

this was a promo vid used 2 years ago at a large sony meeting in CA - all the studios were there showing off their projects, I think this video is akin to the nico concept video, so expect massive reiterations on the next promo.