rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Taurus

GAA

I don't really follow GAA, so why are Dublin and Tyrone wearing funny kits?

I would have put this in Ask the Forum, but I reckoned I'd put it here in case it generated any off-topic sort of discussion.

I wish. I prefer hurling. But I thought it looked like football. But they were all wearing baggy tops with laces and long shorts and hoop-patterned socks. I reckon it must be some sort of anniversary. But I don't know of what.

125 years of the GAA...

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=...n_data_id=25672

The crowd will then be entertained by a spectacular lighting and firework display which will light up the whole stadium. Larry Mullen’s specially designed soundtrack, incorporating a selection of contemporary and traditional Irish music, will feature Micheal ó Muircheartaigh’s bi-lingual tribute to the GAA which will accompany the firework display.

Sounds like fun. :P

I wish. I prefer hurling. But I thought it looked like football. But they were all wearing baggy tops with laces and long shorts and hoop-patterned socks. I reckon it must be some sort of anniversary. But I don't know of what.

Gaelic Football then. GAA is the organisation that organises Irish sports.

125 years of the GAA...

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=...n_data_id=25672

Sounds like fun. :P

Ah, explains it all. It's a celebration with an exhibition match between Dublin and Tyrone. They must be in replicas of old tops.

I was in Croke Park last night and it was absolutely superb. I’m fairly sickened we couldn’t hang on for the win after going a point up in the last minute but credit to Tyrone and Sean Cavanagh. When his team went behind he hit 2 sweet points to win it. Great leadership from a class player. Our performance gives me a bit of hope for the Summer, we ran the All Ireland champions really close in our new managers first match but it looks like Tyrone are still the team to beat.

Up the Dubs and here’s to 125 more years.

I'd say the Down games I've been to have been some of my best ever live sporting experiences. Including Premiership football. The atmosphere at a big county game is hard to beat.

Kilkenny and Tipp are on later for the all Ireland senior hurling final. Should be a decent game, you'd expect Kilkenny to win but lets hope they don't. Before that the minor final is on, Galway and Kilkenny which starts at 1.15.

All this is on ch 167 on sky for those who can't be arsed with the pub.

Kilkenny and Tipp are on later for the all Ireland senior hurling final. Should be a decent game, you'd expect Kilkenny to win but lets hope they don't. Before that the minor final is on, Galway and Kilkenny which starts at 1.15.

All this is on ch 167 on sky for those who can't be arsed with the pub.

Is it on Virgin anywhere?

Caught the last 2 minutes of the minors, well done Galway. Watching the main event now - tight so far.

Why is there always someone with that John 3:7 banner at EVERY final since before time.....?

Why is there always someone with that John 3:7 banner at EVERY final since before time.....?

It's the same guy all the time, Frank Hogan from Limerick. Not just finals either. He's been doing it for over 20 years.

The old adage stands true here, form is temporary, class is permanent. Kilkenny were the worse team on the day but the current team is probably the best team ever. Needless to say it was the best hurling final I have ever seen and credit to both teams for the battle. But if any team ever deserved to do 4 in a row, it is this Kilkenny team.

And the crowd have just invaded the pitch.

The crowd ALWAYS invade the pitch... :(

I agree that the pen changed the game. Though it's the sign of true class to take advantage of this and ram home the advantage by scoring another goal a minute later. Would have loved Tipp to win but unlucky for them.

Indeed, pitch invasions always happen. It's just funny that they tried to stop it this year and then the big "PLAN B" coming up on the stadium screen when the stewarts fucked it up. Typical GAA really

Indeed, pitch invasions always happen. It's just funny that they tried to stop it this year and then the big "PLAN B" coming up on the stadium screen when the stewarts fucked it up. Typical GAA really

That was fooking hilarious!

Also I was cheering Kilkenny as I had £20 on them to win -3 points, wasn't looking likely very close to the end, but ended up all good!