DJ shadow + cut chemist

Vaya.

I listened to this again over Christmas for the first time in a few years having made myself sick of it a while ago, it is indeed still fantastic and I hadn't really thought until you'd said, but I'm really surprised that was so long ago now. I remember orignally getting it from Audiogalaxy, via dialup, and after hearing the opening Also Sprach Zarathustra/Thunderkick bit knowing it would be a bit special. Are you ready to get your guts kicked out? :)

I prefer the songs on Product Placement overall though I think, the first ten minutes of that are perfect. Then I bought the Hard Sell. Christ. Is there any point in seeking out the 'encore' version of that if I couldn't make it through the original version?

I got the encore version. It's just...bland?

Shame. Utterly bitchin' version of Rock Around the Clock, though.

Downloaded it last week, it's pretty great, I'll have to get the others. No point trying to buy them, right?

If you see Product Placement in a shop, it's a bootleg, but having said that I've still seen it a few times on the high street. You can morally justify the download on that basis though.

I'm disappointed to see that years on, still nobody on the internet seems to know who does that version of Superstition you get teased with before the whole Rappin' With Gas bit. I bet that's incredible when it gets going.

If you see Product Placement in a shop, it's a bootleg, but having said that I've still seen it a few times on the high street. You can morally justify the download on that basis though.

This did get an official release from Pillage Roadshow.

Brainfeeze is just one of the best recordings ever. Hard Sell is well worth perservering with its a real grower takes till about the 6th or 7th listen mind you but pays off.

That gaslamp guy sounds good - gonna check out some more - thanks

:)

See my avataar? That was created for an opening to my showreel about 8 years ago. I used a bit of the "Hey Martial Arts fans" speech at the start of Brainfreeze to start the vid. Hence the little ninja character. Thing is I think the avataar is the only bit of that animation that's survived. No idea where the rest is. :)

I love both albums but haven't listened to them for years so because of this thread and the memories its bought back I've stuck Brainfreeze on now ^_^

The last Shadow album wasn't that bad, it's no Entroducing but he clearly wasn't trying to replicate it. Certainly not everything sticks but there's definitely some high points - the hyphy tracks especially. Will be interested to hear where he goes next.

I thought the best track on that album was the New Orleans one, and that was just a big guitar jam. Very nice and all, but what exactly did he have to do with it? I don't mind a change in style, but I just thought a lot of the tracks weren't memorable at all. Not bad, just a little toothless.