IGNORED

Edgar Wright's Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Goose

Someone i know is working on this and she told me a couple of weeks ago that Cera is a whiny,pathetic bitch throughout, and after seeing that new trailer i can see what she meant.

The latest trailer was really quite annoying and borderline smug. Every character seems to speak in that awfully knowing and arch way. Like a comedic Dawsons Creek or even worse Juno.

Is the comic like this as i intended to start reading it after i finish 'The Boys'.

• 2 weeks later...
Still not totally sold on this. The action looks good but when the characters open their mouths I lose interest.

Yeah. Anyone not liking Juno because of the dialogue is going to fucking hate this.

Personally I can't wait to see what it's like, I love the comic books.

Only found
so far but the framerate is terrible and you can barely make out anything towards the end. Would recommend waiting for better.

I'm constantly surprised by how much of the books is actually making it into the film though.

Many many thanks. This will be the Speed Racer of 2010.

There was supposed to be, according to what certain people were told, a screening of the film at an event held for the Ubisoft game yesterday evening in LA.

Only this was a lie.

4711056612_71b5385ea3.jpg

However, thought I would at least post some images from the sixth and final book due out in about a month:

sp6final_500.jpg

4499514517_3a5cd2de82.jpg

4338095790_e933e528ac.jpg

The plot will apparently be pretty different to the ending of the film.

• 3 weeks later...
Every clip of this I've seen has been more offensive to me than anything in A Serbian Film.

:)

From someone i know who has seen this multiple times they say that Cera is unbelievably smug and annoying, don't know how close that is to SP character in the comic.

But they also say the characters around him save the film. TBH the trailers have put me right off with the wise-ass 'witty' dialogue but because it's Edgar Wright i'll go along and see it.

Every clip of this I've seen has been more offensive to me than anything in A Serbian Film.

I agree. I have found myself cringing at all the footage I have seen. I love Edgar Wright but this looks awful.

Maybe I am just to old for this kind of thing nowadays.

But they also say the characters around him save the film. TBH the trailers have put me right off with the wise-ass 'witty' dialogue but because it's Edgar Wright i'll go along and see it.

I've only read the first two volumes (got the rest booked at my local library) but I'd agree with the notion that the supporting characters are the saviours, certainly seems to be the case with the comics I've read.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked how edgar 'by mistake' introduced Pegg and Frost onto the stage at ComicCon and announced they were in the film. Man, that 3rd film is never going to get going is it? They are all too busy with personal projects.

Just back from seeing the film at Montreal's Fantasia festival. Film of the year.

If I remember correctly, the film, book and game all have different endings

(i.e. which girl Scott ends up with).

I want him

to end up with Knives

That was the case in the original cut but they changed it.

After test audiences said it made his whole journey 'pointless'. -_-

i bitched about that ending so much on my test audience feedback sheet. happy to hear it has been changed.