rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Number 28

The Sculpture Thread

Thanks guys and I sure hope your right dude ranch :D

I'm sorry you missed Chef Branko Kookizu, but there are another six more to come though so please keep an eye out for any new personal favourites :facepalm:<_<

and are you offering me a pilot episode Mr 28?

I've got a bit of sculpy left and some time off work. Really want to make something but can't for the life of me think what. Any suggestions? I've not made anything since Max that I posed earlier in this thread.

Those models are amazing Ristar. Aside from starting with the munny/dunny figure, what is your process? Especially to get such a great finish.

Cheers FozZ. The main advice I would use for a better finish is smooth of all areas with a fine sand paper, and cover the whole model with a spray on primer (I use white but a light grey is also great as a mid tone base) after that it's the usual case of being patient and applying many thin layers of paint instead of one thick brush stroke.

How are you guys doing, feel like I'm missing everyone's work :hat:

4544958637_24a5f900bc.jpg 4534814284_897dfba41d.jpg 4521152950_4fc0d6c860.jpg

4507848206_33f444dffa.jpg 4560890434_e00e620fe6.jpg 4496919253_1c0bc32fc0.jpg

any chance we can find a little place more available to a guy who can only get online with an ipod touch :lol:

• Upvote 2

Ok I've found you sculpture thread! Although this will be more customs than sculptures.

4909929599_80ab3d78c9_z.jpg

A commission from ages ago now

5198342397_a63402dcc4_z.jpg

For an amazing sketchbot custom show in LA at the end of last year

5600015143_743f5860f5_z.jpg

Custom Lunartik cup of tea for his show in this years Pictoplasma tour show

Also I guess as a plug I'll show that theses guys are on sale in my store and use the code "RULMUCK" for a little discout

5624383540_237554e1e2_b.jpg

• Upvote 9

F*cking aaaaaaaaah-mazing!

Cup of tea design is so cool, love the concept of it spewing out the cup character :D

I will own one of your pieces before the end of the year is out!

Thanks you so kindly :D

I'll try and trickle a few pieces on here more often and get back into enjoying all the great things the rest of you are creating.

lordcookie the shark headed guy took maybe 2-3 days just to do the scale/hair texture so altogether maybe just over a week. I spaced him out between a few other projects so it didn't feel too bad.

Also here are some pieces ready for painting hopefully tomorrow. I think Rllmuk is still a gaming forum so you could hopefully spot what the original vinyl pieces are from. Although the main bodies are missing as that would make it a little too obvious.

5632680561_e591149bdc_z.jpg

My custom Ghost girl appeared on the Flyer to My plastic heart's "Ghost in the machine" exhibit. I don't think I can upload images of the full piece just yet but I hope you like what's on show so far.

5639829305_338c9d8c6c_z.jpg 5640402748_9d5df4c305_z.jpg

And Lordcookie that guess may be very correct indeed :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Wow, you'd never even guess that was based on a Ghost Girl figure (something I had to Google, even though a picture of one is on the bottom of the poster).

I didn't even know you could get Gregory Horror Show models, I didn't think the game was that popular.

Yeah I think it was a case of people liking the style enough to out weigh the dislike for the game. I still have the full set and they're great, although between all the piece I got for myself and the customs I was left with only one set that didn't have a bad paint job or weird marks somewhere.

Thanks Gunstar I was on your blog the other day, you're hitting visual highs!

Also here is the Gregory's horror show customs :)

5736593509_92ba424fd8_b.jpg

Click on the photo to see them in a slightly larger and more separate way

Also tiny plug to say they are for sale on my store HERE the green and yellow piece are sold though.

• Upvote 2

Ristar (aka Map-Map) doesn't seem to post here anymore. Probably too busy doing awesome custom jobs like this:

post-383-0-52729600-1346280423_thumb.jpe

Slowly roaming the land with a thud, Gardian wanders around the edge of cities plucking any orphan he comes across, and plopping them on his back. Once in the tiny community of Gardian's gigantic back these orphans don't really have much to do, following the same daily routine. Stare at the world that plods and rumbles around them, maybe draw what they see, then roam in the small gap between sunset and nightfall when Gardian sits down for some sleep. This slow life almost forces all of Gardian's orphans into consuming ever drop of knowledge they can find, from the bookshelves inside the backshack, along with Gardian's slow but insightful words.Once an orphan grows up and becomes a little too heavy to carry they'll normally jump off at the next city Gardian skirts past, and live a content life. The rare few carry Gardian's torch as a wandering carer, although what they care for varies wildly depending on their size and strength.

Come back Ristar!

• Upvote 4