rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Number 28

The Sculpture Thread

I'm planing on dabbling further with wood in 3D but I'd love to see what people can do with it before I get onto it :D

What tools are you getting? Personally I want to have a go with just a hammer and a nice set of chisels but finding a reasonable block of wood to mess about with isn't as easy as I thought it would be :(

Also just put up some more photos of the 'Rebirth' piece on Flickr CHEK'IT

What tools are you getting? Personally I want to have a go with just a hammer and a nice set of chisels but finding a reasonable block of wood to mess about with isn't as easy as I thought it would be :(

Well, exactly what you've just said. Decent tools and a mallet.

Being in the garden industry I think I can source some wood but that's my main concern.

Reckon I need to read up on it. If you do it first please let us know :hat: .

MANY MUNNY!

3776462222_4a67756fc2_b.jpg

3775655267_bb5b94450c_b.jpg

3776462772_5e22eef014_b.jpg

3776463336_9ab43592b9_b.jpg

Wow, these are amazing! I think you should give them all to me :wub:

Ello everyone by the way, I'm new - been having a browse at all the stuff in the creative folders and I'm very impressed!

Thanks. I think i'd rather attempt something more ambitious sculpture-wise, and less painty in future. Painting with acrylics drives me nuts...always drying out, and mixing the same colour twice is next to impossible.

It's meant to be Balrog from Cave Story, but he's a lil' out of proportion here and there. <_<

Yeah, sorry about that... I knocked up a couple skates, then pondered how in god's name I was going to create these spindly thin legs, and then a decent face and all the details. It sorta got filed away in the CBA till further notice drawer. <_<

Well it's been a while since I was here. Sadly I've been away from my PC lately and living off handheld internet which isn't so great for forums :(

Love the Balrog sculpture Iain. It makes me excited to get my hands on the wiiware version :P

Cheers fella. When I saw your name next to the thread, I kinda hoped you'd posted something. Get back to work foo'! :P

So Cave Story Wii is finally out eh? Does it have a save anywhere feature? I suck too much to defeat the last boss (possibly not the last boss...). :(

I know cave story is out in the US now so hopefully we might get it tomorrow?

I have made some new custom dunnys.

4478163717_2d97dd292a_b.jpg

There are more detailed photos of each one if you click on the photo and go to my flickr account :lol:

• Upvote 1

I know cave story is out in the US now so hopefully we might get it tomorrow?

I have made some new custom dunnys.

4478163717_2d97dd292a_b.jpg

There are more detailed photos of each one if you click on the photo and go to my flickr account :(

Wow, they're fantastic! I've got a huge collection of Dunny's and these are some of the nicest customs I've seen.

Aww, boo - I just found your shop, my favourite one (Chef Branko) has sold :(